Clinton Knives dominionhobby.com
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#179702 - 04/15/19 09:41 PM Re: Iguana Hunting in the Orlando area [Re: W Polidori]
RamKingJC Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Morons get them as pets then just release them. South/Atlantic coast is VERY favorable for tropical species. Same problem with boa's in the Glades

"First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire."

#179705 - 04/15/19 09:51 PM Re: Iguana Hunting in the Orlando area [Re: RamKingJC]
W Polidori Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central New York
Makes sense. Last Summer we had 2 small gators captured in the Tioughnioga River nearby. https://www.newyorkupstate.com/southern-...iver_video.html

Edited by W Polidori (04/15/19 09:52 PM)

#179712 - 04/16/19 08:39 AM Re: Iguana Hunting in the Orlando area [Re: W Polidori]
Shoot870p Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Are these beasts tough to skin- if you were going to eat them? And do they have a bad temper? If you have to get within clubbing range that's a little close!
Walker

#179713 - 04/16/19 08:47 AM Re: Iguana Hunting in the Orlando area [Re: W Polidori]
Wayne Dengler Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Earth
Like all invasive species,they were brought in by folks that had then as pets then let them go in the wild.

Just like the Burmese Pythons down there.

I have heard that some of those Iguanas can grow up to 5 feet long!! That is very large.

The Snakeheads,again,were possibly introduced in the DC area and spread. Apparently they have no known predators and have spread mostly to the south but there have been reports of some up as far north as Maine.

So far,the advice that I have received about Iguana hunting is that air rifles are preferred and if you are hunting in the canal areas,to let the local PD/Sheriffs office know so they can let the area officers know.

I still have a lot more time to do more research on this.

Wayne

#179716 - 04/16/19 10:47 AM Re: Iguana Hunting in the Orlando area [Re: W Polidori]
Michael_Mason Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Orlando, FL.
Originally Posted By: W Polidori
Last Summer we had 2 small gators captured in the Tioughnioga River nearby.

My thoughts on that Warren is that they were transported and released. Just like all the crap that's showing up down here. I doubt they went that far north on their own....

#179717 - 04/16/19 11:16 AM Re: Iguana Hunting in the Orlando area [Re: Michael_Mason]
W Polidori Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Oh yeah that's a given Mike.

#179721 - 04/16/19 12:18 PM Re: Iguana Hunting in the Orlando area [Re: Michael_Mason]
Windsor Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Texas!
Originally Posted By: Michael_Mason

My thoughts on that Warren is that they were transported and released. Just like all the crap that's showing up down here. I doubt they went that far north on their own....

Warren was transported and released?

That explains a few things. wink

(yes, I read it wrong the first time)

#179723 - 04/16/19 12:38 PM Re: Iguana Hunting in the Orlando area [Re: Windsor]
Michael_Mason Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Orlando, FL.
Originally Posted By: Windsor
Originally Posted By: Michael_Mason

Warren was transported and released?

That explains a few things. wink

(yes, I read it wrong the first time)

No comment grin

#179726 - 04/16/19 01:09 PM Re: Iguana Hunting in the Orlando area [Re: Michael_Mason]
W Polidori Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Funny

#179734 - 04/16/19 03:38 PM Re: Iguana Hunting in the Orlando area [Re: W Polidori]
JE6245 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Tallahassee FL
If you dive, come down and spear Lion fish, yet another of our invasive pests. They are now as far north as our area here in the Panhandle. Very tasty but be careful handling the poisonous spines.

“If you don’t know where you are going, you might wind up someplace else.” – Yogi Berra

Me 2020

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Peter_Kaufman