Randall Made Knife Stanback Knives
The RANDALL KNIFE FORUMS

A place where EVERYBODY is welcome to join in on the discussion of Randall Made knives

Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#179537 - 04/08/19 04:24 PM Re: Spring Stock Sale [Re: RamKingJC]
LarryWW1246 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

James--

Just in case...somebody misunderstands and has questions...we were allowed to select one knife each until everybody who was there had a chance to buy a knife.

Then...for people who might have wanted to do so, they started the rotation over starting with the number 1 person in the lineup and allowed us to select either 1 or 2 knives (this because they had what I was told were 130 knives for the in-person sale).

The 2 knives you bought for your friends were purchased on your second round. Which was thoughtful of you.

And thanks again for the coffee! I meant to find you to "settle up," but got caught up in the action.

Hope to see you later in the year...most likely at the fairgrounds.

Larry
ABKA #046
RKS #1246

#179539 - 04/08/19 04:56 PM Re: Spring Stock Sale [Re: thevalueman]
Peter_Kaufman Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Southeast Utah
Rocky
It was a no brainer for me when Mindy said ironwood Smithsonian.
I would have grabbed it regardless of the hardware
But the one you got sounded great too. There was a Thorpe too but I wasn't looking for one of those

Peter

I am glad all you guys got some nice stuff
SAF
RKCC CM-023
RKS #5642
SHAG # 005
Ironwood Nut
Life is too short to have ugly knives

#179540 - 04/08/19 05:35 PM Re: Spring Stock Sale [Re: Peter_Kaufman]
Sharpi Offline
Knife Enthusiast

What a Great Stock Sale!!

I would sleep in my truck to see the cases full of Knives
It was great to see people who I only see once a year and miss those who couldn't make it.

Thank you to all at the shop, Scott, Aron, Gary and those in the back taking calls Mindy and Jayson

The Big Boy Knives I'm sure were worth camping for
I hope we get to see a pic of the Randall Sword...
and Dave Thank you for all you do
You know most them Randall enthusiasts are heavily armed

I don't know what was in the back
But it took me 4-1/2 hours to call in just to say Hi to Mindy
Sharpi

#179541 - 04/08/19 06:23 PM Re: Spring Stock Sale [Re: LarryWW1246]
thevalueman Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Georgia
Peter, as I recall the Thorpe was leather...I was not looking for leather, so, I passed
It was not clear to me about 1 knife per contact....there were times in the past that a person could buy 3 at a time..."as I recall"...I did buy 2 at one time a few years back, and did not feel good about it. I guess the rules may not have been clear. I did call back today, after my first "buy", however did not select another as what I was looking for was not available. I'm not sure how it's done today, but the one per time, per customer contact, would appear to be fair, and allow others the opportunity to get a shot...
my .02 for no necessary real reason...
:-)Rocky

Edited by thevalueman (04/08/19 06:25 PM)
RKCC#25

#179542 - 04/08/19 08:24 PM Re: Spring Stock Sale [Re: thevalueman]
LarryWW1246 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Rocky--

It has been some years since I did the call in, since I have gone to the spring sales in person most of the recent years.

Back when I did call in, they allowed two knives per caller once they were able to get through.

I don't know if they changed that this year or earlier, but the rules might change as they try to accommodate as many customers as possible with the knives they have available.

For people who are there to shop in person, they have always limited each person to one knife through the first round. Then if they had knives left they previously allowed each person to come back in numeric order (number assigned according to when somebody shows up for the sale) and buy a second knife until they sell out.

Today, they had enough knives to allow people to buy two on the second pass. That is a judgment call they try to make based on the number of knives to sell and the number of people who are there.

Interesting...that some people come looking for just a single type of product. If they don't find it when they get their turn, some of them look for something else of interest and buy that. But some people, immediately upon not seeing what they want, simply say goodbye and leave. Others aren't looking for anything specific, and just wait their turn and try to buy "something" out of the case that appeals to them at the moment.

The get-together is a lot more interesting than just going to buy a knife. People with various backgrounds (none criminal so far as I know!) always have stories to share, not all of it knife related. And Scott and some of us customers usually bring along some knives for "show and tell." Not all of them are Randalls so we all might learn some new stuff.

Can't do that on the phone!

Larry
ABKA #046
RKS #1246

#179543 - 04/08/19 08:42 PM Re: Spring Stock Sale [Re: LarryWW1246]
W Polidori Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central New York
Last several years when I did get through I was always offered a second knife. I don't believe I purchased a second. I recall about 4 years ago they had knives available for about 3 days after the sale day. That could have been the year the phone lines were down on that particular day.
Michael was manning the phones back then. Never in a hurry and always had as much time as you needed.
So, was the museum open? Hope you had a chance to visit.

#179544 - 04/08/19 09:38 PM Re: Spring Stock Sale [Re: W Polidori]
RamKingJC Offline
Knife Enthusiast

The museum was open, and GTR was VERY excited to hear us tell him what we chose and see how happy we all were. 8-)

"First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire."

#179559 - 04/09/19 01:55 PM Re: Spring Stock Sale [Re: RamKingJC]
coachblalock Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Lake Fork, East Texas
I sure would like to see some pictures.

#179560 - 04/09/19 02:12 PM Re: Spring Stock Sale [Re: coachblalock]
RamKingJC Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Of?

Attachments
------IMG_6688.jpg

------IMG_6689.jpg

"First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire."

#179562 - 04/09/19 05:51 PM Re: Spring Stock Sale [Re: RamKingJC]
Peter_Kaufman Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Southeast Utah
James
thanks for posting the photos, were those the knives for the in person collectors?

One day I need to make it down there

Peter
SAF
RKCC CM-023
RKS #5642
SHAG # 005
Ironwood Nut
Life is too short to have ugly knives

Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10 >

Moderator:  Mr_Mod