Stanback Knives dominionhobby.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#179078 - 03/21/19 03:07 AM New Air Rifle
Neale_Jenkinson Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Lincolnshire,England
Picked up my new Daystate Huntsman Regal HR today.
.177,140 regulated shots to a fill.
Selected Walut stock.
Went a bit upmarket on the scope as well.
Very pleased.

Attachments
------image.jpeg

------image.jpeg

#179085 - 03/21/19 06:39 AM Re: New Air Rifle [Re: Neale_Jenkinson]
Michael_Mason Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Orlando, FL.
That's a knockout for an air rifle, what a beauty. Love the recoil pad grin
Good get !!

#179087 - 03/21/19 07:37 AM Re: New Air Rifle [Re: Michael_Mason]
Neale_Jenkinson Offline
Knife Enthusiast

I know what your saying about the 'recoil' pad,let's say it's more of a comfortable grip the shoulder pad really.
These modern PCP air rifles are absolutely recoil free,I've fitted a Wierauch moderator and the pellet release is virtually silent,you literally cannot hear the shot from 20 feet away.
Accuracy is verging on boring,I've only had chance to shoot it at my home range at my maximum of 27yds and after less than 10 shots to zero it I knocked the bull out.

Attachments
------image.jpeg

Edited by Neale_Jenkinson (03/21/19 07:41 AM)

#179090 - 03/21/19 09:27 AM Re: New Air Rifle [Re: Neale_Jenkinson]
LarryWW1246 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Interesting...

That the Brits are OK with a silencer AKA a "moderator" on an air rifle and we are having questions whether they are OK here.

However, from a public and law enforcement point of view, the similar appearance of air rifles and toys to real firearms makes it hard to distinguish between them. "Flaunting" air guns or toys to be avoided!

Larry

P.S.: I think I saw something online recently about some guy painting the front of his real rifle with red or orange to make it look like one of the toys!
ABKA #046
RKS #1246

#179094 - 03/21/19 10:18 AM Re: New Air Rifle [Re: LarryWW1246]
Shoot870p Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Awesome for sure.
Walker

#179095 - 03/21/19 10:26 AM Re: New Air Rifle [Re: Shoot870p]
Wayne Dengler Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Earth
Neale,
That is super nice!! Looks like you got it dialed in just right.

By Federal Law,air guns cannot be classified as firearms. Air gun silencers/moderators are not ATF regulated.

However,if you are silly enough to adapt an air gun suppressor to a firearm,you will have some serious issues,with the law.

Plus,I bet one round of standard firearm ammo though an air gun suppressor would surely destroy it. They are not made for firearm pressures.

I have a Benjamin Discovery PCP 22 that I recently put on a TKO suppressor,made it whisper quiet. Now I am waiting for a Talon Tunes Suppressor for my Air Force 22 Condor.

Wayne

#179098 - 03/21/19 11:07 AM Re: New Air Rifle [Re: Wayne Dengler]
coachblalock Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Lake Fork, East Texas
Super Nice!

There is another thread on here from sometime back entitled "Airguns Anyone".

It had some pretty interesting info on it.

#179103 - 03/21/19 06:25 PM Re: New Air Rifle [Re: coachblalock]
Neale_Jenkinson Offline
Knife Enthusiast

I am looking forward to a trip to my local airgun range that has 60 yards available.
Virtually all PCP air rifles over here have a moderator fitted,not so popular with Spring powered rifles.
I had a good look at a nice FX Crown rifle this week that has a sliding shroud,when in the forward position it acts like a moderator,not quite as effective as a dedicated moderator,but close,not sure it was worth the £1850 price tag though.

Edited by Neale_Jenkinson (03/21/19 06:27 PM)

#179106 - 03/21/19 08:07 PM Re: New Air Rifle [Re: Neale_Jenkinson]
rodbrown Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Neale

Thank is a very impressive group you shot.

IF you have private land, can you shoot your gun on that land or does all your shooting have to be at a range?
The greatest glory in living lies not in never failing, but in rising every time we fail.” — Nelson Mandela

#179108 - 03/22/19 03:38 AM Re: New Air Rifle [Re: rodbrown]
Neale_Jenkinson Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Rod.
An air rifle can be bought over the counter (sub 12ft/lb's ) by anyone over the age of 18,they are not currently subject to any licensing requirements in England,Scotland however have now put them on licenses.
You can legally shoot your rifle anywhere you own as long as the pellet does not leave your property,you must ensure a safe backstop and reallistically a decent funnel shaped pellet trap.Plinking tin cans etc again is fine as long as the pellets don't stray.
You can also shoot on land not owned by you with the landowners permission.
In reality you have to be extra mindful of any neighbours,anything that is gun related is likely to cause hysteria and prompt a call to the police,so common sense needs to be applied if you are overlooked in any way.
I am lucky that I have a small piece of land (the size of a tennis court) behind our house and garden that is totally fenced in and only overlooked by one neighbour who has never made a fuss.My backstop is a handily placed brick built former Victorian pig sty at the far end of the 'range' so I am shooting into a totally enclosed backstop,it is perfect for air rifle shooting especially with a moderated virtually silent PCP rifle.The pellet hitting the target is the loudest noise and That is deadend to a soft thud as I pack the target holder with old bath towels.I do not shoot my unmoderated Spring rifles here as they just make too much of a crack and I don't want to upset the natives smile

I know it seems like a lot of trouble to go to but my home range is the envy of a lot of my shooting friends,shame it's only 27 yards.
I am also very lucky that the gun shop I tend to buy most of my gear and rifles from have just opened a superb airgun range,targets out to 60 yards,all undercover,purpose built benches and target holders,a full HFT course with dozens of knock down targets,plus a soon to be opened dedicated pistol and archery range,all this only 20 minutes from my door,and I have a full dedicated Hunter Field Target Club in the village where I live,less than a mile away,I can literally walk there.
Airgun sports are one of the fastest growing shooting hobbies in the England,access to the guns and places to shoot is much easier than full bore and even shotgun sports.Add to that we have some of the world's finest airgun manufacturers here and you can see why.

#179112 - 03/22/19 08:50 AM Re: New Air Rifle [Re: Neale_Jenkinson]
Wayne Dengler Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Neale,
Good to see that you have access to an indoor range that has 60 yards.

And I agree,some of the finest air guns are made in the UK.

Glad to see that the sport is so popular in your area.

Wayne

#179113 - 03/22/19 09:49 AM Re: New Air Rifle [Re: Neale_Jenkinson]
rodbrown Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Neale

Thank you for the description of “your” range and the ones around you. I too am fortunate as I belong to a Club 15 mins away. 7 ranges, one is 50 and 100 yds, another 200, 300 and 400 yds plus shorter ones. Depending on the range, we can shoot centre fire, rim fire, shotgun and pistols. As well we have a heated indoor range.
I grew up in a small town in western Canada, where I took my .22, walked out of town with it and shot gophers in the fields. If I did that today, I am sure I would attract law enforcement personnel!
Please keep us updated on any further acquisitions.

Rod
The greatest glory in living lies not in never failing, but in rising every time we fail.” — Nelson Mandela

#179118 - 03/22/19 02:33 PM Re: New Air Rifle [Re: Wayne Dengler]
Neale_Jenkinson Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Originally Posted By: Wayne Dengler
Neale,
Good to see that you have access to an indoor range that has 60 yards.

And I agree,some of the finest air guns are made in the UK.

Glad to see that the sport is so popular in your area.

Wayne

I wish it was indoors,no the range is an outdoor facility,the shooting benches are undercover but open to the front,have to pick our days as strong winds and .177 pellets make for effatic results smile
The nearest indoor range to me is a 35 minute drive and has 30yds and a nice target retrieval system,great for zeroing.

Edited by Neale_Jenkinson (03/22/19 03:49 PM)

#179139 - 03/23/19 07:53 AM Re: New Air Rifle [Re: Neale_Jenkinson]
Wayne Dengler Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Neale,
I forgot to mention my home "indoor range". You know,from the laundry room,through the shop to the pellet trap on the wall.

Zero travel time and no "range fees" Open 24/7 good weather or bad.

Wayne

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Peter_Kaufman