dominionhobby.com Clinton Knives
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#178429 - 02/28/19 12:46 PM Fairburn Sykes info please
rodbrown Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Ontario, Canada
A member of our Gun Club recently passed away. He had a ton of guns and knives, which a non family member is tasked with sorting and selling.

He had 3 Fairburn Sykes knives. One has a “Wilkinson Sword, London” on the Blade ahead of the hilt and “FS” on the other side of the blade. Second knife has “NATO 1977” on the hilt. Third knife has a Broad Arrow stamp and “England” on the hilt.

I would appreciate any info and/or price guides or links to where I can find info. If you would rather talk about it on the phone, send me a PM with your phone number and I will call you.

Thank you
The greatest glory in living lies not in never failing, but in rising every time we fail.” — Nelson Mandela

#183532 - 09/19/19 12:40 PM Re: Fairburn Sykes info please [Re: rodbrown]
Wayne Dengler Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Earth
Rod,
Sorry for the long delay in any reply but theire is a source of some information about the FS fighting knive.

Go to Fairbairn Sykes Fighting Knives.com and that may be of some help.

I may have an idea about the third knife which has the broad arrow on one side and England on the other.

That may have been issued the British Commando Units during WW 2 as the arrow indicates a Commando Unit.

Where in Ontario???

Wayne

#183535 - 09/19/19 02:13 PM Re: Fairburn Sykes info please [Re: Wayne Dengler]
LarryWW1246 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

There is a long-term collector of these knives who has had recent articles in Knife Magazine. Look up the magazine, give them a call and they will help you if think you can use the information.

Larry
ABKA #046
RKS #1246

#183564 - 09/19/19 10:24 PM Re: Fairburn Sykes info please [Re: Wayne Dengler]
rodbrown Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Wayne

Thanks for the info. Some his estate (knives and guns) were sold to members of our Gun Club and other friends. Those not sold locally were sent to an auction house? Don’t know if that is the correct term.
I think his family realized more than 50K.

We live in Kingston, Ontario.
The greatest glory in living lies not in never failing, but in rising every time we fail.” — Nelson Mandela

#183574 - 09/20/19 11:55 AM Re: Fairburn Sykes info please [Re: rodbrown]
Wayne Dengler Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Earth
Rod,
Glad to see that the family got some good money from the estate.
Kingston? My father in law lived in Trenton,about 60 miles west of you on 401.

We spent many summers camping at Presquil Provincial Park about 16 miles west of Trenton.

Wayne

Moderator:  pappy19, Peter_Kaufman