Randall Knife Collectors Club Clinton Knives
The RANDALL KNIFE FORUMS

A place where EVERYBODY is welcome to join in on the discussion of Randall Made knives

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#177956 - 02/15/19 07:05 AM Re: Rick Ward [Re: Wally]
Sphinx3000 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: The Netherlands
I hope he does. Giving people an honest answer is the best he can do and work something out with them. I would be pissed tough, if it was money and he never answers calls or e-mails...

#177961 - 02/15/19 12:03 PM Re: Rick Ward [Re: eLarry]
Windsor Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Texas!
Originally Posted By: eLarry
I do not disagree Rick is a great guy and have purchased a few knives from him. However, I have two Triathlete's currently due which I paid $575 cash and he is not responding. How about practical advise on how Randall customers from an authorized dealer may get their knives or refund? What is Randall's skin in this game? Do the dealers have to pay for their allocations in advance?

As mentioned already, Randall's relationship is with Rick and not you (for this case).

Since you are already in Georgia, you can open up a case in small claims court (I think GA calls them "Magistrate Court") to get your money back. These courts are there specifically for relatively small amounts and easy for anyone to represent themselves without paying big bucks to an attorney.

Other customers outside the state could do the same, but the real pricetag to show up would probably exceed the amount they are seeking in damages.

(edit to add) Then again, if he's having "down on his luck" problems, you'll have to make a judgement call on how ugly you want to get to recover your money in the timeframe you want.

Edited by Windsor (02/15/19 12:07 PM)

#177963 - 02/15/19 02:32 PM Re: Rick Ward [Re: Sphinx3000]
Capt. Gary Offline
Just dropped in

Don't feel too bad for Mr. Ward. I understand that there is thousands of dollars involved in this and that it may be felony fraud.

#177964 - 02/15/19 03:16 PM Re: Rick Ward [Re: Capt. Gary]
Ronnie Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: NW Mississippi
What Capt. Gary said.....the guy owes people money and is not responding. That doesn’t sound like such a good guy to me.
RKS#2166

#177966 - 02/15/19 04:03 PM Re: Rick Ward [Re: Ronnie]
Capt. Gary Offline
Just dropped in

Sick, disabled, whatever - no excuse - he knowingly billed for items that he did not have, would never have, and had no way of obtaining to fulfill the order. I don't know when he took your money, but I know for a FACT that he was accepting funds for Randall products as late as 12/30/18. He took mine, but he could not even order from Randall at the time. FRAUD! I can prove it. I personally submitted a felony fraud complaint with the Sheriff's office today.

#177967 - 02/15/19 05:20 PM Re: Rick Ward [Re: Capt. Gary]
william768 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

This is all very sad . Hopefully everyone can get their $ back .

#177972 - 02/15/19 07:42 PM Re: Rick Ward [Re: william768]
Wally Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Sorry guys, especially if you're on the short end of the stick. I guess I'm an optomist, and give people the benefit of the doubt, at least 'til there is no more doubt.

#177984 - 02/16/19 07:00 AM Re: Rick Ward [Re: Wally]
Sphinx3000 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Is this you Capt. Gary?

Rick Ward Knives
Kinky
Howdy Ya'll,
I am in dire need of finding the wherabouts or doings of Rick Ward. A friend of mine in Florida paid out several thousands of dollars for 12 RMK's (2 of them are mine) . The knives were paid for and to Rick Ward Knives. I'm Starting to take this personal now. Perhaps The State Attorney Generals Office may be interested as well as the FDLE here in Florida. We would rather have the product or our owed monies. This doesn't look real good for Rick Ward. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Rergards,
Kinky
Kkey1957@gmail.com
a day ago Options0

#177985 - 02/16/19 07:17 AM Re: Rick Ward [Re: Sphinx3000]
Sphinx3000 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

@ Capt.Gary If this is you and you want to "locate him", there is another Randall dealer named Rick Bowles who can maybe help you do that . He is banned here, so I can not give you a link to his site. He was/is real close with Rick ward. He posted the other day on FB, that he knows him for over 30 years and even helped him become a dealer. He also mentioned a lot of details about the current situation of Rick ward.

I presume that since he knows so much about his current situation, he perhaps is still having contact with him. You can find Rick Bowles on the internet or look at his post about Rick Ward on the Randall Knives Facebook page. That is were he mentioned the details about his friend.

#177986 - 02/16/19 07:27 AM Re: Rick Ward [Re: Sphinx3000]
Sphinx3000 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Forgot to mention you the best of luck! I also almost ordered two knives from him, but got a bad feeling about him and his communication skills and luckily canceled the order...
I still have the emails where we discussed the order. This one was
from the sixth of June 2018 and was my last one:

Hello Sir,

I am sorry but I ordered a knife elsewhere. I don't have much patients when somebody says he will email but does not. No offence but that's mostly an omen to more problems along the way.

Kind regards,

Micha

Edited by Sphinx3000 (02/16/19 07:31 AM)

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Mr_Mod