Clinton Knives Randall Knife Collectors Club
The RANDALL KNIFE FORUMS

A place where EVERYBODY is welcome to join in on the discussion of Randall Made knives

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#177877 - 02/13/19 12:07 PM Rick Ward
Dirty_Water Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: central fl.
Unfortunately, due to the inability of Rick to perform contractual obligations, sadly; he is no longer an Authorized Randall dealer...

We will be using his reserved dates to further our attempts at getting caught up...

If you need to contact Rick the only contact we have for him is:

Rick@ricksknives.com

Scott
RKS #014

HE IS RISEN!, HE IS RISEN INDEED!

#177882 - 02/13/19 12:33 PM Re: Rick Ward [Re: Dirty_Water]
Duke Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Southwest Virginia
Without knowing anything about anything (my usual preference).....Bummer. My only interactions with Rick were in purchasing and talking about Randalls, and, were years ago, pleasant and 100% positive.
Best to him.
Duke;RKS#5567
RKCC-CM-087
Southwest VA

#177907 - 02/13/19 07:28 PM Re: Rick Ward [Re: Duke]
Buck Buchanan Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Fayetteville NC
I remember Rick telling me year before last at the Blade Show, that his employment was phased out.

Regrets, tough break.
Buck Buchanan, RKCC #CM-16, RKS #1003
NRA LIFE
NMLRA LIFE
Authorized Randall Dealer
buck100_10x@icloud.com

#177915 - 02/13/19 07:55 PM Re: Rick Ward [Re: Buck Buchanan]
Windsor Online
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Texas!
Rick has a website at the same address as his e-mail (just remove the rick@).

There is his phone number and mailing address (P.O. Box), if you desperately need to reach him.

#177919 - 02/13/19 09:53 PM Re: Rick Ward [Re: Windsor]
Brad737 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Florence, KY
Rob,
Rick doesn’t answer the number on his website. I’ve called that number many times, left messages, and he doesn’t return phone calls. After paying a $100 deposit on a Model 27 last January, I’ve only received one reply to my numerous emails. Thirteen plus months later, no knife, no contact, and out 25% of the cost of the knife.

Edited by Brad737 (02/13/19 09:54 PM)

#177934 - 02/14/19 01:35 PM Re: Rick Ward [Re: Dirty_Water]
Michael_Mason Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Orlando, FL.
Sometimes life closes one door, only to open up others..

Only had one dealing with Rick, he brought a couple knives to Pigeon Forge one year, and hand delivered them. Also gave me a little schooling on RMK sheaths. All in all a good experience.

I wish Rick well in any of his future endeavors....

#177935 - 02/14/19 03:42 PM Re: Rick Ward [Re: Michael_Mason]
W Polidori Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central New York
I remember Saturday afternoons at Blade. Rick would have you blind pick a number and get to pick anything on his table in order. Two years ago he sold me an awesome walrus tusk. He always had goo ironwood too. I liked him alot.

Attachments
------20170923_125757-768x1024.jpg

#177946 - 02/14/19 08:21 PM Re: Rick Ward [Re: W Polidori]
eLarry Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: East Texan residing in Georgia
I do not disagree Rick is a great guy and have purchased a few knives from him. However, I have two Triathlete's currently due which I paid $575 cash and he is not responding. How about practical advise on how Randall customers from an authorized dealer may get their knives or refund? What is Randall's skin in this game? Do the dealers have to pay for their allocations in advance?

#177952 - 02/14/19 10:12 PM Re: Rick Ward [Re: eLarry]
Sphinx3000 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: The Netherlands
I don't think Randall can do very much about this, accept going to court. They at least took his dealership. Let's say a dealer is a gambling addict, takes a lot of orders in a short time and keeps the money. We can't hold Randall responsible for that and expect them to refund us. I hope you guys (there are more people) who paid him and didn't receive the knives get your money back.

I think in the contract that Rick Ward had/has with Randall, there must be a part in it that says, that he doesn't act in a way that is harmful to the Randall brand our something like that. Taking money from people is a pretty harmful thing for a dealer to do in my opinion. Maybe there is more in the contract and the people who were hurt and the Randall shop (together?) can sue him? Take possession of his belongings with the help of the court or something?

I wouldn't be surprised if he is (very) sick or depressed or has some kind of addiction. If he is a dealer for such a long time, were does this behavior come from? I was joking a little about it this afternoon on Facebook. I was lucky and cancelled my order before I paid anything. He was giving me a bad feeling by not answering a mail which he promised.

But what if he is real depressed, is sick or perhaps suicidal?
Isn't there anybody that can go to his house and ask him if he is alright? I think he is probably reading this because they just took his dealership and he is probably looking at the reactions.

#177954 - 02/14/19 10:42 PM Re: Rick Ward [Re: Sphinx3000]
Wally Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Sphinx, you touch on a good point here, we never know what kind of hardship a person may be enduring. Having been in the Randall community for so long, it's hard to imagine this being the outcome Rick would hope for.
Anyway, whatever the problem is, hopefully he will get with everyone involved and and give some sort of answer, like "Ive had a rough time lately, I'll make it right sooner or later", etc. Randall people are almost always good people, hopefully he'll get everything sorted out and work toward making everything right with everyone involved.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Mr_Mod