Nifeboy.com Randall Knife Collectors Club
The RANDALL KNIFE FORUMS

A place where EVERYBODY is welcome to join in on the discussion of Randall Made knives

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#177840 - 02/11/19 10:45 PM Re: Check out this oldie! [Re: Sharpi]
Tattoo Bill Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Spring Hill, Florida
I have some of the history on this knife because I owned it briefly at one time.

This knife came out of the collection of Willie Stevens (deceased) out of Louisiana, and was a close friend of former Randall Dealer Bob Sinclair, (long retired)

The knife is a WWII (43/44) Hunter model, which is the predecessor to the Model 3, which was produced after WWII. The blade is the original grind, but has been heavily buffed or polished out, as has the original bronze cut down fighter hilt, which is also original to the knife. Five wide spacers are indicative to a leather handle application, which this probably was back then. The stag handle appears to have been added/replaced at some distant time in the past.

I believe the seller on eBay may be wishful thinking to sell it for that amount, (considering how much less he purchased it for) but that is his prerogative to ask however much he would like.

Hope this helps!
ta2bill@yahoo.com

#177844 - 02/11/19 11:04 PM Re: Check out this oldie! [Re: Tattoo Bill]
Daniel Ross Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: California
Yes, Bill, you owned it and sold it to me. You did not disclose anything to me about Willie Stevens. You never told me the knife was buffed out and that a fake patina was "juiced" onto the knife. Everyone says the blade is not the original grind and everyone has doubts about the hilt as well. You never told me that the knife was once a leather handle. If you disclosed that it was re-handled I would have never bought it from you because after 20 years on eBay I would not have wanted to bother with this knife. The omission of material facts about a knife does not constitute a proper description.

#177845 - 02/11/19 11:13 PM Re: Check out this oldie! [Re: Daniel Ross]
Tattoo Bill Offline
Knife Enthusiast

It was not my responsibility to disclose who I purchased the collection from. And it was you who buffed out the knife, as stated in the auction. I really don't care what anybody on here says about the blade grind, because that is most definitely the correct grind for the knife, and I don't care what anybody on here says about the hilt, because that is correct also. Like somebody else said, let Joe see it. I never thought about the handle until the discussion here, and that is my educated guess on it. You were misleading in your description about it being a mint, unused knife in your description on Ebay, which the buffed pictures clearly show is not the case. Buffing old knives ruins them, not making them pretty.
ta2bill@yahoo.com

#177846 - 02/11/19 11:21 PM Re: Check out this oldie! [Re: Tattoo Bill]
mileswelze Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Arizona
You never thought about the handle until the discussion here and you didn't know it was rehandled? Bullshit. You're only coming clean (and partially clean at that) because you were about to get kicked under the bus.

And who cares if he's trying to double his money on the knife, really? I hope guys I sell knives to can double their money, it just means they'll come back and buy more.

Walks like a duck. Quacks like a duck. It's a duck.
Miles Welze -- RKS #5063
www.mileswelze.com
www.consignmentknives.com
Mad Dog Knives, USA Exclusive Dealer

#177847 - 02/11/19 11:23 PM Re: Check out this oldie! [Re: mileswelze]
Tattoo Bill Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Miles, your knives are already posted at double so I really don't think that will happen.....

Plus, you are quite possibly the least knowledgeable person on this site, so your opinions do not weigh in to balance your "Bullshit"

Keep your bullshit Pal.
ta2bill@yahoo.com

#177848 - 02/11/19 11:30 PM Re: Check out this oldie! [Re: Tattoo Bill]
Tattoo Bill Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Daniel Feldstein <feldstein.daniel@gmail.com>
Today at 11:30 PM
To
'Tattoo Bill'

Message body

Bill, I’m screwed. I am trying to login and I can’t. I will try later, but I think they blocked me. I agree with you and I apologize for everything. I did take off the patina. And the knife looks great. It does not look buffed. The photos are overexposed. The guys on the forum freaked me out, and convinced me you were the culprit. So sorry, I will keep trying. I know it’s late where you are but I would like to call you. Dan
ta2bill@yahoo.com

#177849 - 02/11/19 11:48 PM Re: Check out this oldie! [Re: Tattoo Bill]
mileswelze Offline
Knife Enthusiast

This is classic. The guy about to get kicked under the bus tries to kick the victim under the bus instead. I rest my case, you're a total POS.
Miles Welze -- RKS #5063
www.mileswelze.com

#177850 - 02/11/19 11:49 PM Re: Check out this oldie! [Re: mileswelze]
Tattoo Bill Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Originally Posted By: mileswelze
This is classic. The guy about to get kicked under the bus tries to kick the victim under the bus instead. I rest my case, you're a total POS.

Your California liberal ass means nothing to me, Douchebag.
ta2bill@yahoo.com

#177851 - 02/11/19 11:59 PM Re: Check out this oldie! [Re: Tattoo Bill]
mileswelze Offline
Knife Enthusiast

again, I rest my case. Anyone who knows me knows I'm a red state guy in a blue state, you're just getting more desperate by the minute. Really, is that the best you've got? No mama jokes?

Lets get this back on track: why did you sell Daniel a bogus knife in far, far less than full disclosure? I mean, if you're so knowledgeable, you must have known the knife was altered. Right? smile
Miles Welze -- RKS #5063
www.mileswelze.com

#177852 - 02/12/19 07:08 AM Re: Check out this oldie! [Re: mileswelze]
tunefink Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Bambalam
I am locking this topic.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Mr_Mod