Randall Made Knife
The RANDALL KNIFE FORUMS

A place where EVERYBODY is welcome to join in on the discussion of Randall Made knives

Click here to pay your $10 sale fees ->
Click here to pay your $25 annual fee ->
KF Forum
Registration

(click here)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#177238 - 01/02/19 10:30 AM #1 Fighter with walnut handle and compass
Buckspen Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Ohio
Eight inch blade, brass double hilt, five thin spacers at hilt and a white faced compass in the butt. Johnson smooth back sheath with salmon color stone, no printing. The walnut handle has some checkering on each side and an inlay on the Randall logo side.
$700 shipped. More photos available on request. Personal checks preferred.
- Buckspen

Attachments
------1-8N1.JPG

------1-8N3.JPG

------1-8N4.JPG

------1-8N12.JPG

#177243 - 01/02/19 11:05 AM Re: #1 Fighter with walnut handle and compass [Re: Buckspen]
Rich Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Tampa Bay Area
Is the handle factory done?

#177246 - 01/02/19 12:23 PM Re: #1 Fighter with walnut handle and compass [Re: Rich]
Buckspen Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Rich - I'm pretty sure that the handle work was not done by the Randall shop. I bought this knife from a fellow forum member about two years ago.

- -Buckspen

#177248 - 01/02/19 01:52 PM Re: #1 Fighter with walnut handle and compass [Re: Buckspen]
crutchtip Offline
Knife Enthusiast

the shop does not and never has done decorative type embellishments such as engraving or scrimshaw. These items are/were subcontracted out to a select few folks i.e. David Perdue and Rick Bowles.

Tom Leschorn was the only person I know of that assembled (spacers, handle material, pinned butts, etc.) and embellished (inlays, engraving, checkering, etc.) Randall knives with the approval of Bo Randall.

BUY-SELL-TRADE

#177250 - 01/02/19 02:16 PM Re: #1 Fighter with walnut handle and compass [Re: crutchtip]
Buckspen Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Thanks for your comments, Joe.

- -Buckspen

#177251 - 01/02/19 02:49 PM Re: #1 Fighter with walnut handle and compass [Re: Buckspen]
Captain Chris Stanaback Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central Florida
I used to own this knife, God knows when. The walnut was shop-supplied...and installed. The checkering and inlay were done, after-the-fact and I do not know by who (whom).
Joe is correct about Tom having the approval of Bo to customize RMKs however he liked but there were a couple of others who come to mind also, namely: Gail White & Tommy Bish. This handle was done by none of the 3 mentioned here.
Hope this helps, Capt. Chris
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

#177255 - 01/02/19 04:13 PM Re: #1 Fighter with walnut handle and compass [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
tunefink Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Bambalam
I think I sold it to Buck. I bought it Blade about 5 or 6 years ago with no sheath. I added a Johnson smooth back to match. They are all just rental units. The checkering and inlay are well executed.

#177258 - 01/02/19 06:07 PM Re: #1 Fighter with walnut handle and compass [Re: tunefink]
Buckspen Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Actually, I think Mitch sold it to Gary Howie who sold it to me a couple years later. I like it but I am concentrating on scrimshawed knives these days.

Thanks for your input, guys.

- -Buckspen

#177259 - 01/02/19 06:46 PM Re: #1 Fighter with walnut handle and compass [Re: Buckspen]
Tattoo Bill Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Spring Hill, Florida
Originally Posted By: Buckspen
I like it but I am concentrating on scrimshawed knives these days.

Thanks for your input, guys.

- -Buckspen

I have a few more heading to my website this week..
ta2bill@yahoo.com

#177260 - 01/02/19 07:53 PM Re: #1 Fighter with walnut handle and compass [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
crutchtip Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Originally Posted By: Captain Chris Stanaback
I used to own this knife, God knows when. The walnut was shop-supplied...and installed. The checkering and inlay were done, after-the-fact and I do not know by who (whom).
Joe is correct about Tom having the approval of Bo to customize RMKs however he liked but there were a couple of others who come to mind also, namely: Gail White & Tommy Bish. This handle was done by none of the 3 mentioned here.
Hope this helps, Capt. Chris

Cap -

I know Bish modified knives, but didn't think he actually assembled them, pinning butts, making handles, etc. I don't think Bish engrave either. Correct me if I am wrong, but most of the Bish stuff I have seen was kinda crude with modified butt caps. hilts, and such and were for his personal liking. In other words, he wasn't an artist like Leschorn

Gail White I am vaguely familiar with.

BUY-SELL-TRADE

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Mr_Mod