Nifeboy.com dominionhobby.com
The RANDALL KNIFE FORUMS

A place where EVERYBODY is welcome to join in on the discussion of Randall Made knives

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#176609 - 12/05/18 09:41 PM Re: eBay [Re: W Polidori]
W Polidori Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central New York
Rocky,

Thinking of a very bad scenario where a knife was sold, used in a homicide and then the seller forced to accept the return. Investigation, reveals you have a murder weapon.
Think Ebay will back you up?
Better get a lawyer cause you're gonna need one.

#176613 - 12/06/18 06:11 AM Re: eBay [Re: W Polidori]
thevalueman Online
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Georgia
Warren, it's new to me....guess I haven't been selling that much, and I guess I've just been lucky

Originally Posted By: W Polidori
Been in place for some time. Just open up a case and see what happens. Seller is forced to accept the return. This is not much new.
RKCC#25

#176615 - 12/06/18 07:21 AM Re: eBay [Re: W Polidori]
GCTom41 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: NY
Warren,

You should be writer for one of the crime shows that would be a great episode!! LOL

Tom Flynn
RKS#5918
RKCC-CM-178
SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

#176617 - 12/06/18 07:29 AM Re: eBay [Re: GCTom41]
W Polidori Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central New York
No not me Tom. The thought crossed my mind. Doesn't have to be a knife. You could purchase anything off Ebay only to find out later you're in trouble.

#176622 - 12/06/18 02:36 PM Re: eBay [Re: W Polidori]
Eric Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Michigan
Been on eBay 18 years+, only had a handful of return requests with over 6000 feedback. Each item that I took back ended up selling for more the second time I listed it. My only bad experience was with buying. Had a guy in Oliver springs TN, try to rip me off, but my US Postmaster help set him straight and eBay liked that I had a US Postmaster testifying on my behalf.
The only 1 negative I got came on a dollar knife I sold that the buyer never asked for a return or contacted me that there was an issue. Oh well, just my 2 cents.

#176647 - 12/08/18 08:23 AM Re: eBay [Re: Eric]
thevalueman Online
Knife Enthusiast

Well, I just got my 3rd request for a return, after 28 days...I think that there must be something with Leica equipment, and people of Asian(at least first & last names) decent in California. All 3 returns match that exact description.
I've never been so frustrated, I understand from others that is just eBay, a cost of doing business, no big deal, happens every day, get over it, nothing new...but it is new to me, somehow, I tend to take it personally...not to mention that I don't like to get taken advantage of....wonder what is coming back with this return....maybe some more Cannon equipment...pretty soon, I may have enough Cannon equipment to start a collection.
Good luck to all the eBayer's out there.
:-)Rocky
RKCC#25

#176651 - 12/08/18 09:39 AM Re: eBay [Re: thevalueman]
Captain Chris Stanaback Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central Florida
Rocky,
Is the equipment in good working order? 3 times? Is it the same camera or different stuff?
Best, Capt. Chris
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

#176662 - 12/08/18 04:30 PM Re: eBay [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
thevalueman Online
Knife Enthusiast

Capt,
different cameras, different lens....I did have 1 lens, after sending to the Leica factory, they determined that there was an issue, so I apologized to the buyer, refunded the money....the m3 has been stolen, and a Cannon returned in it's place, the newest, the next lens....after 28 days, the buyer states that the glass is "scratched".....no "scratches" were apparent when I shipped it...plenty of photos of the glass in the listing....not to mention it's a 50+ year old lens, and I suppose they expect it to be as it left the factory....

RKCC#25

#176719 - 12/11/18 09:58 AM Re: eBay [Re: thevalueman]
thevalueman Online
Knife Enthusiast

update....
I received a refund from eBay for the stolen camera....obtained only after I filed, and submitted to eBay, and police report....so, eBay is out the dough they sent the crook, he has the camera body, and eBay's money....sweet deal for the crook. The thought never occurred to me that these older lens would come under such scrutiny. I have no way of knowing their condition, other than looking at them...I would have assumed that when folks are buying older/antique stuff that they would not expect it the be as it came from the factory 50+ years ago....that was a mistake on my part, for sure. No matter how the item is described, there is simply no way to know how it will be accepted by the buyer. I type words, supply pictures, and still, it's just a hit and miss thing....EXCEPT for the California buyers...4 items sold to California....2 returned, 1 stolen....not a single issue with the stuff that went else where...interesting

RKCC#25

#178430 - 02/28/19 02:05 PM Re: eBay [Re: thevalueman]
ROBERT MCINTOSH Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Northern Territory Australia &...
So this is why eBay is always contacting me regarding updating my listings
I never can find the right option for postage
Is this why US sellers are generally reluctant to sell internationally
As a buyer I filed a missing item and won the case
I have never had really bad deals as a seller.
PayPal is a different thing again. They usually lean towards the buyer and not the seller
I have never won a PayPal claim against me even though all faults we listed in the private deal ( not eBay )
So I run with a US Address and my friend passes the Randall’s on to me eventually
I see at least one seller in this conversation I have dealt and the deal was good

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Mr_Mod