Nifeboy.com
The RANDALL KNIFE FORUMS

A place where EVERYBODY is welcome to join in on the discussion of Randall Made knives

Page 16 of 23 < 1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 22 23 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#177524 - 01/18/19 12:23 AM Re: For Our Dog Loving Grammarians [Re: Ronnie]
pappy19 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Garden Valley, Idaho
Geritol and Carter's Little Liver pills, and remember to "take a powder"?

Pap
Randall Collector
Behring Made Collector
Ruana Collector
Glock Fan
NRA- Life Member since 1975
mikenlu99@aol.com

#177526 - 01/18/19 06:09 AM Re: For Our Dog Loving Grammarians [Re: pappy19]
Sphinx3000 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: The Netherlands
I wish there was a way Ronnie, but I can't come up with any. Both our former dogs came from a shelter. The last one was caught by the animal protection services, while he was running loose on the street. The owner turned out to be in jail and his girlfriend thought, it was a good way to get back at him, by leaving the dog alone in the house without food and water. It was 85 degrees and he jumped true the glass to save his life. The poor dog went to the shelter and we took him, thinking that we could learn him to be alone again. We had him for seven and a half years. He never learned to be alone. We tried everything but he went crazy. He used to follow us every footstep around the house, that approved the longer we got him . In the first month we tried walking for 5 minutes down our street, to see how he would react. He jumped over our high fence and walked cripple for a few weeks after that. Decided enough was enough and we would make sure he never was alone.

He went a lot to the grandma of my girlfriend (she is a widow and loved the company),my parents, nephews and nieces all watched him while we worked. I bought the best gaming computer for the kids to play, which helped a lot to motivate them, LOL
Of course I gave them also some money for dog sitting, far beter job then working at the local supermarket they always used to say, haha. Before work we drove him to mostly my girlfriend's grandma and after work we picked him back up. It wasn't easy but he was such a sweet dog, that we did it with pleasure. As for the women who left and traumatized him, I better not say what I hope will happen to here...
I always wish, we had him when he was young, because not being able to be alone, was the only problem he had. He was such a sweet dog!

Attachments
------Milo.png

Edited by Sphinx3000 (01/18/19 06:17 AM)

#177528 - 01/18/19 07:47 AM Re: For Our Dog Loving Grammarians [Re: Sphinx3000]
Ronnie Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: NW Mississippi
But Sphinx that doesn’t mean your next dog will be like that.
RKS#2166

#177529 - 01/18/19 08:12 AM Re: For Our Dog Loving Grammarians [Re: Ronnie]
Sphinx3000 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: The Netherlands
That's true Ronnie, but our network is getting thinner. We both work eight hours a day and including the drive home, the dog has to be alone for at least 9 hours a day. That is not an option. We could ask a neighbor (if they want to?) to let the dog out, but 5 days a week is far to much. And what if they move? I used to work in healthcare with different hours every day. Sometimes night shifts and late shifts. That was perfect because sometimes when I came home my wife/girlfriend (we are not married because of tax reasons, but happily together for 18 years :D) left for work.Now I only work day shifts so all in all it has become a lot more difficult.

#177530 - 01/18/19 09:25 AM Re: For Our Dog Loving Grammarians [Re: Sphinx3000]
Wayne Dengler Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Earth
Coach,
That is one big doggy!!!

Luvvy weighed in at 105 lbs (lab/shep mix) so she was kind of big.

4 trips across the US and Canada with her on my lap "driving".

I could never leave a dog at home alone and never put one in a kennel while we took a trip. The dog always went with us.

Only one time on our many travels did we have trouble locating a hotel/motel that would take families with pets.

Wayne

#177539 - 01/18/19 05:26 PM Re: For Our Dog Loving Grammarians [Re: pappy19]
W Polidori Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central New York
Originally Posted By: pappy19
Geritol and Carter's Little Liver pills, and remember to "take a powder"?

Pap

Yeah, that's just the tip of the iceberg Pap.

#177540 - 01/18/19 05:29 PM Re: For Our Dog Loving Grammarians [Re: W Polidori]
W Polidori Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Coach,

Tail on that dog must have been a lethal weapon. I'll bet if he whacked you on the leg you'd remember it. He's huge, really!
He reminds me of the Idaho potato dog, LOL.

Edited by W Polidori (01/18/19 05:32 PM)

#177548 - 01/18/19 09:40 PM Re: For Our Dog Loving Grammarians [Re: W Polidori]
coachblalock Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Lake Fork, East Texas
Warren,

Rusty’s tail was dangerous!

So was his paws, teeth, and weight.

His voice was like a tugboat. Low, steady, long, and LOUD. On a still night, you could hear him a mile away.

One day when he was about a year or so old, I was changing the blades on my shredder. The 1 1/2” nuts were froze up. I got up under the shredder with my wrench and a cheater pipe. Rusty decided that he would get up under there and help me.

I was jerking on that wrench and banging on it with a hammer. I probably let a bad word or two slip out in anger.

That was all that Ol’ Rusty could stand. He decided that I needed some help fighting whatever old SOB it was. He started off with a growl that just about curled my blood. Then, he started barking.

Up under that closed in shredder deck, his loud booming voice was like dynamite going off. It hurt my ears all the way through til they rang for an hour.

It hurt like hell but at the same time, it was funny. After I finally got out, he kept growling and barking. I finally had to tie him up to get those blades changed.

For the rest of his life, every time he and I would get close to that tractor and shredder, he would get poke his head under the shredder deck, growl, and bark a couple of times.

#177551 - 01/18/19 10:00 PM Re: For Our Dog Loving Grammarians [Re: coachblalock]
W Polidori Offline
Knife Enthusiast

LOL, great stuff and funny too. Thanks for that Coach.

#177553 - 01/19/19 01:27 AM Re: For Our Dog Loving Grammarians [Re: Sphinx3000]
Ronnie Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: NW Mississippi
Originally Posted By: Sphinx3000
That's true Ronnie, but our network is getting thinner. We both work eight hours a day and including the drive home, the dog has to be alone for at least 9 hours a day. That is not an option. We could ask a neighbor (if they want to?) to let the dog out, but 5 days a week is far to much. And what if they move? I used to work in healthcare with different hours every day. Sometimes night shifts and late shifts. That was perfect because sometimes when I came home my wife/girlfriend (we are not married because of tax reasons, but happily together for 18 years :D) left for work.Now I only work day shifts so all in all it has become a lot more difficult.

Yeah I understand. Probably best that you not have a dog now. But when you retire.....maybe then.
RKS#2166

Page 16 of 23 < 1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 22 23 >

Moderator:  Mr_Mod