Randall Knife Collectors Club
The RANDALL KNIFE FORUMS

A place where EVERYBODY is welcome to join in on the discussion of Randall Made knives

Page 8 of 10 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#172079 - 06/17/18 10:55 PM Re: Which knife to use, or not use [Re: W Polidori]
Byrdguy Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: FL Panhandle
Nice set, Warren.
RKS#4413
SHAG# 8
RKCC# CM096
NRA Member

#172084 - 06/18/18 08:12 AM Re: Which knife to use, or not use [Re: Byrdguy]
W Polidori Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central New York
Thanks Pat. I found myself needing more than just a carver. All three share kitchen chores.

#172087 - 06/18/18 08:56 AM Re: Which knife to use, or not use [Re: Byrdguy]
Lytridis Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Belgium
@ gratefuljed

Must confess, I don't really understand your question. Why don't you want to use them? For more valor if you sell them? Both have their qualities and faults and both are more ... military use. I remember that Tommy Thompson was finding the 18 more appropriate than his 11 when Bo send it to him when he was in Vietnam. I will say, I will go with the one I feel the more easy with, without thinking in the futur. Both will keep their value. Personnally, I have a passion for the model 23 (single hilt) or the sergeant for all of my outdoors activities. For rabbit, salmons, pikes, I prefer smaller blades (the one I prefer by far is the model 7-4 1/2").
Talking about your kids, my first questions will be: How old are they? Is it their first knife? I will choose either a 5-5 either a 8. Both give a large possibilities and make the owner discover what he want/need with a knife.
The only "problem" with offering a randall is that you will also give them the randall virus smile.

#172111 - 06/18/18 05:30 PM Re: Which knife to use, or not use [Re: Leatherman]
TAH Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Leatherman
When I call they say heavy bevel man huh? I guess someone like Scott or Jason added that. I sure didn't specify it at least I don't remember doing so. In my shipping address box it says heavy bevel as well as notations under the order specs.

Not doubting you, but I still don't understand what you mean by a "heavy bevel". The grind on your 5-6 doesn't look any different than usual. Is the edge left thicker?
RKS #4233

#172116 - 06/18/18 07:04 PM Re: Which knife to use, or not use [Re: TAH]
Dirty_Water Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: central fl.
The edge and grind of the knife was left heavier than normal because of Ben's past history of abuse of his RMK's... This is NOT a service we provide willingly, (too much headache and hands-on attention) but it became a neccessity in his case...

Scott
RKS #014

HE IS RISEN!, HE IS RISEN INDEED!

#172123 - 06/18/18 08:09 PM Re: Which knife to use, or not use [Re: Dirty_Water]
TAH Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: USA
Got it. Thanks Scott.
RKS #4233

#172127 - 06/18/18 09:13 PM Re: Which knife to use, or not use [Re: Dirty_Water]
W Polidori Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central New York
Originally Posted By: Dirty_Water
The edge and grind of the knife was left heavier than normal because of Ben's past history of abuse of his RMK's... This is NOT a service we provide willingly, (too much headache and hands-on attention) but it became a neccessity in his case...

Lol, finally figured out how Chief got all the BIG knives.
They developed a special code NFC; "Not For Chief" for blades under 7".

Edited by W Polidori (06/19/18 07:40 AM)

#172133 - 06/19/18 04:07 AM Re: Which knife to use, or not use [Re: Dirty_Water]
Sphinx3000 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: The Netherlands

Haha, it's kind of like a handicapped accessorize, like a special bike for handicapped people or something similar. No offence to handicapped people, I work in healthcare and am a volunteer (together with my wife) for people who are mentally challenged, for years. Sounds like Ben got "special needs" LOL

#172162 - 06/19/18 02:01 PM Re: Which knife to use, or not use [Re: Dirty_Water]
Michael_Mason Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Orlando, FL.

Originally Posted By: Leatherman
I actually have one on it's way to me that I'm probably selling it's also got stainless and a nickel single hilt and waxed no hone C.

Wasted effort if done for his benefit, then all he's going to do is sell it ??
I don't believe your work was appreciated, RMK !!

Edited by Michael_Mason (06/19/18 02:02 PM)

#172164 - 06/19/18 02:52 PM Re: Which knife to use, or not use [Re: Michael_Mason]
Sphinx3000 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: The Netherlands
"Wasted effort if done for his BENefit"

Haha, Randall has to make "special" knives because "Ben the Bender and Breaker" doesn't know his own powers, which is often the case with "special people" I find this whole situation funny, can't help myself. But, great customer service from Randall!

Edited by Sphinx3000 (06/19/18 05:51 PM)

Page 8 of 10 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 >

Moderator:  Mr_Mod