dominionhobby.com Clinton Knives
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#170431 - 04/19/18 09:11 PM Re: Mossberg Shock Wave [Re: W Polidori]
Lofty Offline
Knife Enthusiast

A bigger bead is a better bead as for a shotgun, for sure, Wayne, especially on the shorty.

Easy to tell you really hate the thing, with every word.

#170434 - 04/20/18 08:30 AM Re: Mossberg Shock Wave [Re: Lofty]
Wayne Dengler Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Earth
Warren,
As you know,you basically just point a shotgun but it is nice to have that big XS sight out front.

Lofty,
Yep,I hate the Shock Wave so much that I am going to the range tomorrow to "hate" it some more.

The range officer doubted that it was NOT an NFA item as they are prohibited on the range,but I had the ATF letter in hand just in case.

So the Shock Wave was approved for me to use on the range.

If I was prohibited to use the SW on the range,then I would walk about 2 minutes to the state forest to go "hunt" for coyotes.

Lots of shots at coyotes there!!!!!

Wayne

#170480 - 04/22/18 01:22 AM Re: Mossberg Shock Wave [Re: Wayne Dengler]
Lofty Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Your range officer really impresses me as to knowledge of things gun in the last year. Only the most talked about gun in the nation at last year's SHOT show and one of most written up and one of hottest sellers nationwide. Has their finger on the pulse of the gun world, for sure, and just the knowledgeable person I trust to keep my back safe on a live fire range.

I think I would rather hunt coyote anyhow, I hate ranges for that reason, also for needing to wait for other totally self-absorbed folk to remember tape or stapler the first trip downrange or spending 20mins with a laser surveying instrument to measure buckshot patterns from scoped rifles at 25yds, and for the Edisons who walk downrange while I am shooting, and yell back, "it's ok, I see how you shoot" where it is time to go anyhow, knowing they actually have a loaded firearm within arms reach and are in eyesight of me.

Edited by Lofty (04/22/18 01:27 AM)

#170483 - 04/22/18 08:06 AM Re: Mossberg Shock Wave [Re: Lofty]
Wayne Dengler Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Lofty,
My "solution" to the wait for slow pokes at the range is to start shooting!! Tends to make them move rather quickly.

Our outdoor range is run very well and slow pokes are not really tolerated.

The range officer is a good friend of mine and is quite up on all the recent information but wanted to be double sure.

It is on state land and they can be somewhat nasty about some things so we basically stay on the safe side of caution.

Wayne

#170494 - 04/22/18 07:29 PM Re: Mossberg Shock Wave [Re: Wayne Dengler]
Lofty Offline
Knife Enthusiast

(in a Brit accent) Well then....right.....

(in USA accent) Then I take back everything I said, except for the part about much preferring to be by self in woods somewhere, rather than at a range.

Currently am again somewhere where unsupervised (aside from warden doing spot checks) free public ranges available on WMA land, and away from any town larger than 30,000, and so can mostly have even a range to self on weekdays. Still prefer grass and trees to concrete, dirt, and ground paved with shooting residue. Am still a country boy at heart, and do not like highly regulated anything. Rebel without a pause.

#170496 - 04/23/18 08:45 AM Re: Mossberg Shock Wave [Re: Lofty]
Wayne Dengler Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Lofty,
Yes,I tend to agree with you on that.
Yesterday,at the range,the XS front sight that I had recently installed flew off!!

Fortunately I located it a few feet behind me,so when I returned home,I put a 6X48 bead in place and glued the sight back on after making sure everything was cleaned off.

Hopefully this will be a permanent solution.

Wayne

#170498 - 04/23/18 12:25 PM Re: Mossberg Shock Wave [Re: Wayne Dengler]
Lofty Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Wayne, most folk do not realize adhesives are considered a mechanical fastening system. Just trivia.

Best adhesion always attained by scuff sanding mating surfaces, removal of any coating prone to peeling off under shear or tension loads, thorough clean with a non-residue degreaser such as brake cleaner, air dry, and apply adhesive, clamp and allow full strength cure (especially on a sawed off shotgun!) which may be as long as 7 days.

#170513 - 04/24/18 08:59 AM Re: Mossberg Shock Wave [Re: Lofty]
Wayne Dengler Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Lofty,
This will have plenty of time to cure as we will be having rain tomorrow and I won't have the Shock Wave out until Saturday so basically it had at least six days to cure.

If that fails,there is always Duck Tape!!!

Also,I put some electrical tape on the area where the forearm straps are attached to the forearm as they tend to be somewhat sharp.

Wayne

#170522 - 04/24/18 06:08 PM Re: Mossberg Shock Wave [Re: Wayne Dengler]
Lofty Offline
Knife Enthusiast

If you are taking tape a full wrap around anything, there is a self-vulcanizing silicone stretchy wrap for hose and wire bundles.

It has no gooey adhesive, but only shiny new rubber tacky feel under a peel-off thin clear tape on that side, that when lightly stretched and overlaid, grabs itself tenaciously as to require cutting off, while physically sticking to nothing else.

Normally available in under the hood hotrod brick red, and black, and might be found at automotive parts or serious mechanics shops.

I had to take mine out and go shooting after your posts. As we know, a hoot to shoot, and a real blast. Take THAT, you dirty mafioso types! You call THAT a lupara?! I'll show you a lupara!!

Edited by Lofty (04/24/18 06:22 PM)

#170546 - 04/25/18 08:21 AM Re: Mossberg Shock Wave [Re: Lofty]
Wayne Dengler Offline
Knife Enthusiast

It sees that the "Shock Wave Bug" tends to grow on you.

Once you get one,you tend to want to shoot it often.

I should have purchased one when they first came out,but was mislead by the Cabela/Bass Pro policy of not selling them.

Wayne

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Peter_Kaufman