Randall Knife Collectors Club Clinton Knives
The RANDALL KNIFE FORUMS

A place where EVERYBODY is welcome to join in on the discussion of Randall Made knives

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#175621 - 10/30/18 03:54 AM Re: Think'n fake ? [Re: Ronnie]
nate-dogg Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: The Sunflower State
Is this Damascus Randall legit or fake? I've never heard of a Damascus Randall. Here's the link.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Randall-Prototype-Damascus-Knife-With-Sheath-One-of-a-Kind-1990-1991/253955909518?hash=item3b20f3a78e:g:VvEAAOSwQ-1b1Etd

#175623 - 10/30/18 08:00 AM Re: Think'n fake ? [Re: nate-dogg]
W Polidori Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central New York
Its been reported to ebay. I suggest others do the same to get the listing removed.

#175624 - 10/30/18 09:39 AM Re: Think'n fake ? [Re: W Polidori]
rfcarlin Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: New York
This looks to have been a fairly sophisticated effort, especially when compared to other recent RMK fakes discussed here.

The knife had a small white rectangular sticker on the handle with a hand-written notation reading "P-47". This was very similar to the stickers seen on Rhett Stidham's 'green catalog' knives (which all had "P" numbers). I perused the catalog (on Tune's website) last night, but did not see any knife designated as P-47.

The listing looks to have been deleted from eBay.

Bob
RKCC #622

#175642 - 10/31/18 02:41 AM Re: Think'n fake ? [Re: rfcarlin]
nate-dogg Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: The Sunflower State
The knife is still listed for sale. I contacted them and he replied that he also has a "Model 8 trout & bird with Damascus, and the names of those involved in the project." But he would not give me the names. I am not interested in buying it, but I would like to learn more about any possibility of any authentic Damascus Randalls Made Knives. Is it possible it is legit? Or is there proof that there were zero Damascus Randall blades? I am just curious and looking to learn. Thanks.

#175645 - 10/31/18 08:54 AM Re: Think'n fake ? [Re: nate-dogg]
thevalueman Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Georgia
Pickling job gone bad.....ha ha

:-)Rocky
RKCC#25

#175648 - 10/31/18 01:20 PM Re: Think'n fake ? [Re: thevalueman]
crutchtip Offline
Knife Enthusiast

RMK NEVER MADE A DAMASCUS BLADE

BUY-SELL-TRADE

#175649 - 10/31/18 01:25 PM Re: Think'n fake ? [Re: thevalueman]
desert.snake Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: the other side of the earth
It seems to be a few of the Damascus to the 50th anniversary, somewhere was a photo from the museum

if memory serves me, blades from Damascus made Charlton Ltd

#175650 - 10/31/18 02:20 PM Re: Think'n fake ? [Re: desert.snake]
BladesNBarrels Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: East Tincup General Store,Colo...
The seller says he will be at the Pigeon Forge, TN, knife show this week-end. He would bring and let someone hold the knife there. Is anyone going that could look at the knife and maybe the other one he has?
Here is his response when I asked if he had any provenance?

"I just came by this piece along with a Model 8 trout & bird in a Johnson rough back sheath in Damascus and have not had time to get any providence in written form, but hear is what came with the knives that around 1989-1990 Jack Criders brother who worked for Randall and Im sure Gary [probability not Bo] made these knives after hours on there own. Jay Parkers name was also connected and Im going to the knife show this weekend and may get more feed back on the story. If you had these two knives in your hand there would be NO doubt !!"
Molon Labe

#175652 - 10/31/18 05:44 PM Re: Think'n fake ? [Re: BladesNBarrels]
Captain Chris Stanaback Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central Florida
I bought several of Jay Parkers knives as well as a few from Tommy Clark. All of this "stuff" came out of Rhett's shop when Janie had her fire sale. There were some very legitimate pieces and there were some bona-fide nonsense as well, this one being one of the later.
The knife has already been to GTR and it is "not" a shop knife...in any way! Tommy specifically asked Gary if he had a problem with him (Tommy) selling and it and GTR said "no", which is how the knife came into Jay's hands...and, yes, Jay knew this knife was not shop made.
Someone is taking a short cut through the facts, i.e.: Using this piece and that piece to "piece together" a story.
A total fake. Hope this helps.
Stay sharp, Capt. Chris
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

#175653 - 10/31/18 07:03 PM Re: Think'n fake ? [Re: desert.snake]
crutchtip Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Originally Posted By: desert.snake
It seems to be a few of the Damascus to the 50th anniversary, somewhere was a photo from the museum

if memory serves me, blades from Damascus made Charlton Ltd

You are correct, there are two in the museum. The blades were not made/forged by RMK. It was little more than a short thought that didn't go anywhere.

So anyone, anywhere, or anytime, past, present, or future, stating that any damascus blade is being claimed as an RMK is full of s*^t. Period.

BUY-SELL-TRADE

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Mr_Mod