Randall Made Knife dominionhobby.com
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#166630 - 11/24/17 05:21 PM Glocks
pappy19 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Garden Valley, Idaho
The Glock Store located in California, is having a nice sale if you are looking to upgrade some parts.

Pap
Randall Collector
Behring Made Collector
Ruana Collector
Glock Fan
NRA- Life Member since 1975
mikenlu99@aol.com

#166669 - 11/27/17 08:55 AM Re: Glocks [Re: pappy19]
Wayne Dengler Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Earth
Pappy,
I tend to keep my two Glocks (36,43) basically in stock condition.
But there are definitely some nice upgrades available.

Wayne

#166670 - 11/27/17 09:19 AM Re: Glocks [Re: Wayne Dengler]
pappy19 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Garden Valley, Idaho
Their triggers and steel rods are amazing. I did the mag extension on my 43 and changed sights on all 3 of mine. Anyway, their customer service is above average.

Pap
Randall Collector
Behring Made Collector
Ruana Collector
Glock Fan
NRA- Life Member since 1975
mikenlu99@aol.com

#166677 - 11/27/17 07:28 PM Re: Glocks [Re: pappy19]
W Polidori Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central New York
Considered it Pap, but like Wayne mine are stock with only internal polished parts. Only thing I added was Trigicon night sights on 27 and 30; Tru-glo on the hunting 20 for day/night use. I'm not a big fan of aftermarket parts on a CCW gun. Could be a liability in a legal case. JMO

#166681 - 11/28/17 08:08 AM Re: Glocks [Re: W Polidori]
Wayne Dengler Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Warren,
I agree with you on keeping CCW pieces stock. If involved in a SD incident,a tricked out piece can be a liability.
I was an LEO for 40 yrs,so I have seen this stuff occur.

With Colt 80 series 1911s,some folks deactivate the firing pin safety in search for a better trigger pull. Alter or eliminate any factory safety is just asking for trouble.

Wayne

#168516 - 02/10/18 10:43 AM Re: Glocks [Re: Wayne Dengler]
Chief Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
New toys for the Glock users.
The reviews I have had are good to great, only draw back being the slide release is better on some Glock models than others.
I saw quarter sized groups at 50 yards with a rail mounted optic.
It's a very well thought out piece.

Attachments
------20180207_165730.jpg

Edited by Chief (02/10/18 10:44 AM)
RKS #5154

If you put off following The LORD just remember......They don't serve breakfast in hell!

#168571 - 02/11/18 09:17 AM Re: Glocks [Re: Chief]
Wayne Dengler Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Chief,
Now that outfit would get you about a century in the slam in my state!!!!

Looks darn nice!!!!

Wayne

#168574 - 02/11/18 10:00 AM Re: Glocks [Re: Wayne Dengler]
Lofty Offline
Knife Enthusiast

I have thought off and on of getting one, and yes, without der papers, pleeze, putting a gun in the stock is an illegal SBR, but main turn off was stock was cheap enough, but sights, sling, light etc (and mainly the sights) about doubled the price.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvAckAreyss

Looks like fun, but not $400-$500 with sights when I can buy a 14.5" just as legal Colt upper for $150 more....just mine own economics, but have been very tempted on the Micro, yes I have.

PS- considering how the ATF has ruled that possession of a torched in half STEN along with an appropriate sized piece of tubing constitutes possession of an illegal machinegun due to "obvious intent", it would be a wonder if same not true of the Micro Roni plus a Glock, but, you never know about those guys. They briefly ruled even a shoelace and a semi-auto .22 possessed simultaneously was a machinegun, as well, but rescinded that one.

Edited by Lofty (02/11/18 10:11 AM)

#168575 - 02/11/18 10:22 AM Re: Glocks [Re: Lofty]
Lofty Offline
Knife Enthusiast

As for mods of stock guns, and liability, not much goes on in that regard away from both coasts and up around IL/MI etc ie, the blue states. But as someone who carries the suckers and knows how much easier it is to pull the trigger over the slickest DA revolver, am lightening nothing on a Glock.

As for a Series 80, it is all I will carry or own after a relatively new 1911 with a MIM hammer (1st run WWI repro with outside supplied wide spur hammer, their normal hammers still machined barstock and what I thought the repro possessed) had notch wear prematurely and combined with a weakly tensioned sear spring not having sear catch the half cock, allowed a months old 1911 to blow a hole in a mattress when chambering a round in my bedroom, and glad I remembered basic safety like pointing a safe direction when chambering......Yessir, that will wake you up to what can happen with old slabsides and no firing pin block, for sure. And anybody who tells you no safety needed has yet to see what happens without one and is only playing media echo chamber.

Back to Glocks, also a big reason I do only a front sight change is I do not wish to even possibly compromise a platform of known reliability and ruggedness, as well as safety. Just because a guy can play barbie with gun does not mean he must, or even has a good reason to do so at all. Most mods compromise some other aspect of the gun as designed, whether that new keymod AR forend melting, or the new mag extension spring too strong or weak and compromises slide velocity or timing of round jumping up, and any little testing I would do to assure positive function is nothing compared to the massive numbers fired by makers, and even THEY get it wrong. So, to those who want to tinker, I say have at it, but I pretty much do not fix what is not broke. A range gun a TOTALLY different story, and if your favorite target pistol, I will heartily applaud taking a trigger down to 1.5 lbs and even join you, and install a drum magazine as well.

Edited by Lofty (02/11/18 10:42 AM)

#168591 - 02/11/18 03:18 PM Re: Glocks [Re: Wayne Dengler]
Chief Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Originally Posted By: Wayne Dengler
Chief,
Now that outfit would get you about a century in the slam in my state!!!!

Looks darn nice!!!!

Wayne

Wow I figured since they passed/amended the law that pistols with a forearm stabilizer can be put up to your shoulder that there would be less of an issue.
RKS #5154

If you put off following The LORD just remember......They don't serve breakfast in hell!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Peter_Kaufman