Stanback Knives Clinton Knives
Page 7 of 12 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 11 12 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#168906 - 02/18/18 11:56 AM Re: Pocket pistols... [Re: Wayne Dengler]
Lofty Offline
Knife Enthusiast

I appreciate you trying to send me a death trap holster from hell, Wayne, I really do, but, as much as I want to shoot myself sometimes, I will trust you on this one and stear entirely clear of such gizmos.

As for empty pockets, I cannot even stand to tear up a decent pocket knife by putting in pocket with change and keys and etc, all quite apart from safety concern with NAAs and especially Glocks.

A loaded gun mixed in a jumble of anything anywhere is just asking for trouble, makes no difference if drawer, chest, or pockets.

Seriously, thanks for holster examination offer, but, if it is happening, it is happening, would not have any better x-ray vision than you if it is happening for sure on draw, and I certainly need no such thing around here, and truthfully not at all partial to kydex on anything....might even be illegal, the bump-fire holster.

Edited by Lofty (02/19/18 01:00 AM)

#168946 - 02/19/18 08:40 AM Re: Pocket pistols... [Re: Lofty]
Wayne Dengler Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Earth
Lofty,
OK,the Clinton/Obama designed gizmo will stay in the "corrosion corner" somewhere.

Gosh! "Bump fire holster" what will they think of next???

Wayne

#168964 - 02/19/18 01:16 PM Re: Pocket pistols... [Re: Wayne Dengler]
Lofty Offline
Knife Enthusiast

I have the three dusty holster/sheath/grip boxes.....they were yelling, NO ROOM!! NO ROOM!!, and fearing a revolt, I caved to pressure. Warming up for that congressional run.

#168979 - 02/20/18 08:48 AM Re: Pocket pistols... [Re: Lofty]
Wayne Dengler Offline
Knife Enthusiast

John Bianchi had done a study and said that the average gun owner has two to three holsters for each handgun over a period of time.

I think that is somewhat underestimated at least as far as my minis go.

Gosh! The amount of stuff I tried out for them!!!

Most of the other pieces,I go with El Paso Saddlery and pretty much that was it.

Wayne

#168982 - 02/20/18 11:08 AM Re: Pocket pistols... [Re: Wayne Dengler]
Lofty Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Any holster ever bought for any gun has eventually ended in THE BOX, especially once any likelihood of confrontations with holstered weapons went away, or running/jumping/climbing/etc as well. Am chasing nobody down, and anybody not coming for me is welcome to exit stage left.

Have been far more worried about a good hold, and various grips tried on various guns, and own mods to same grips boggles the mind. Again, today, if it doesn't fit, I just do not buy it.

Gun owners, and guys in general are tinkerers, or, maybe were considering current generational trends and lack of ANY mechanical curiosity on the part of the solid state integrated circuit chip generation. If it CAN be taken apart, it WILL come apart, if it CAN be changed, somebody WILL try to change it, holster, sights, grips, barrels, internals, etc. Much of the time, to no avail whatsoever.

#168996 - 02/21/18 11:12 AM Re: Pocket pistols... [Re: Lofty]
Wayne Dengler Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Lofty,
What was the last thing you put on a car that you "customized"?

A for sale sign!!!

Pretty much goes for firearms too. Yes,I like to gagetize stuff but actually pretty well keep thing stock for serious stuff.

Usually I have my Glock 36 on me with Hydra-Shoks but always a Mini as well. All are stock.

Wayne

#169027 - 02/22/18 10:05 AM Re: Pocket pistols... [Re: Wayne Dengler]
Lofty Offline
Knife Enthusiast

I have sold a lot more firearms than cars, and masked man speaks truth.

Thought I would throw out some 9mm ammo trivia here. If you check online video reviews including gel tests, you will find the Winchester white box 9mm 115gr JHP working about as well out of several pocket 9mms as any premium stuff.

Approaching 1200fps out of some of them, and only real difference not being clone picture perfect mushrooms, but same expanded diameter, penetration and stretch cavities. And hardly any difference, that, than rude unfun .357 lightweights out of snubbies, which is why I now carry the well mannered and fun G43, that, and can aim the thing.

The 147gr is NOT being discussed here, only the 115gr. Which means flipping back and forth between it and their 115gr loss leader FMJ makes for pretty much identical shooting experience whether on range or street.

Edited by Lofty (02/22/18 10:19 AM)

#169030 - 02/22/18 11:03 AM Re: Pocket pistols... [Re: Lofty]
LarryWW1246 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

ABKA #046
RKS #1246

#169031 - 02/22/18 11:20 AM Re: Pocket pistols... [Re: LarryWW1246]
Wayne Dengler Offline
Knife Enthusiast

The caliber and semi vs revolver debate will go on as long as folks are on this planet.

The variables go on into infinity.

Makes for good campfire talk though.

Wayne

#169032 - 02/22/18 11:40 AM Re: Pocket pistols... [Re: Wayne Dengler]
Lofty Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Being that a .45 has 62% more frontal area than a 9mm/.357, which out of shorties are lucky to expand to .45cal at all on impact, not much debate in my mind except can I conceal and control a pocket version of any of them. The only one for me which hits on all cylinders is the little 9mm. Would much prefer a .45, otherwise.

Tbe debates are rather stale today given the dumbing down of the .357 magnum, plus not many carry a 4"-6" version anymore. The old law enforcement .38 Special loads which could do 1400fps and .357 loads topping 1500fps were whole different animals, and truly could drop somebody like lightning. But most all loads today across calibers so equal that debating them is as debating what color is best, red or green, or which is a better carpenter tool, a hammer or a saw.

Late PS- certainly not worth another post, but you know you are maybe too accustomed to carrying guns, when you head out to the car, and must turn around and go back inside, because who goes anywhere without a gun, and once back in bedroom deciding what to take, you realize you had one with you, already. It also says you are maybe getting old.

Edited by Lofty (02/22/18 05:55 PM)

Page 7 of 12 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 11 12 >

Moderator:  Peter_Kaufman