Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#167968 - 01/22/18 12:49 PM Re: Airguns Anyone?? [Re: Neale_Jenkinson]
Wayne Dengler Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Earth
Neale,
The main problem with me is that I am not politically correct in any way shape or form. Really don't play well with others.

That HW100 sounds like a real nice rifle,a real tack driver!!

I am fortunate here as I have 349 acres nearby of State Forest and 11 miles away,right behind my grand daughter's house is a State Forest of 11,000 acres. And less than 1 mile from e is a Sate Parcel of land of 83 acres. A good turkey spot.

Wayne

#167992 - 01/23/18 05:17 PM Re: Airguns Anyone?? [Re: Wayne Dengler]
Neale_Jenkinson Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Lincolnshire,England
Wayne your right the HW 100 is accurate beyond belief,at the range last week we stuck .22 rimfire shot brass cases in the target,sent them out to 30 yards and hit five out of five,no misses,we literally have nothing small enough to shoot at,the Rekord trigger is peerless,with no recoil and a superb trigger they are possibly the best factory pcp air rifle on the market,all the gunshops I visit say they are their number 1 seller.
All that land available to you on your doorstep is the stuff of dreams,I am lucky in as much as I have farmer friends on whose land we wing shoot pheasants and partridges in the game season,finding a nice piece of woodland to roost shoot pigeons with an air rifle is high on my list to find.
Back at the range tomorrow morning,just taking the Hw97 KT,really enjoying the challenge of a spring gun again.

#168019 - 01/24/18 08:46 AM Re: Airguns Anyone?? [Re: Neale_Jenkinson]
Wayne Dengler Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Neale,
Pigeons,also known as Rock Doves in my area are considered a pest bird and can be harvested with no limit.

I would presume that the ones gathered from the farm fields and such would be good eating in comparison to the ones that would be "dump fed".

Pigeons as well as Starlings are a pest to the farmers and ranchers and if an airgunner shows up there,they more than likely would be most welcome.

Let us know how the Hw97 KT does on the range.

Wayne

#168025 - 01/24/18 01:18 PM Re: Airguns Anyone?? [Re: Wayne Dengler]
Neale_Jenkinson Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Hi Wayne,great morning at the range,the HW97KT was grouping superbly at around a 1/2" .Very smooth to cock and the release was very gentle.
This rifle is straight out of the box,no tuning and only about 100 shots through it,I think it will improve more as I get some more pellets down range.
I shot using Falcon Accuracy Plus pellets,domed head,waisted and a nice light 13.43 gr. Very accurate and consistent,they are about the lightest .22 pellet available over here,they are also marketed as JSB Exact Diablo RS.
I have emailed a photo of a target to Captain Chris as try as I might I just cannot seem to attach photos to my posts,hopefully he will get a moment to post it up for me.

#168026 - 01/24/18 01:22 PM Re: Airguns Anyone?? [Re: Neale_Jenkinson]
Captain Chris Stanaback Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central Florida
Howdy everyone,
Per Neale's request, I am posting a pic of his airgun target/group.
Nice...Capt. Chris

Attachments
------Airgun Target Group.JPG

RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

#168083 - 01/25/18 08:18 AM Re: Airguns Anyone?? [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
Wayne Dengler Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Neale,
That is a super nice group!!!! Looks like you have that piece dialed in just right!!!!
Fortunatley over here,we have a huge choice of pellets and calibers.

The pellet I use when air gun hunting is Predator pellets. They perform well beyond normal limits of standard pellets and are very accurate in all my air gun hardware.

Wayne

#168128 - 01/26/18 04:07 AM Re: Airguns Anyone?? [Re: Wayne Dengler]
Neale_Jenkinson Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Thanks Wayne,that group fits under a penny,the Grail group fits under a 5p coin which is about exactly the same as a dime,bit more practice and I'll get there.
Likewise we have a bewildering selection of airgun ammo,when I was pellet testing for the pcp I wanted a light flat shooting pellet,I chose a13.43gr domed pellet that Chrono'd at 11.4 ft lb's /Falcon Accuracy Plus.
I have not had a chance to do any pellet testing yet for the springer,to keep it shooting as smooth as possible I Want to find a pellet that chrono's around 10.8 ft lbs,I Want to try Bisley Magnums and Air Arms Field Diablos both a little heavier.
I guess I will just have to get down to the range again grin

Edited by Neale_Jenkinson (01/26/18 04:08 AM)

#168133 - 01/26/18 08:55 AM Re: Airguns Anyone?? [Re: Neale_Jenkinson]
Wayne Dengler Offline
Knife Enthusiast

That is part of the fun of owning any weapon is testing out various loads to see how they work

I see that some activists groups in the UK are protesting the grouse hunts.

Now,what next??? I don't even want to know. Seems like nobody can have any fun in the UK.

Wayne

#168138 - 01/26/18 12:23 PM Re: Airguns Anyone?? [Re: Wayne Dengler]
Neale_Jenkinson Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Where shooting and Fieldsports in general are concerned your not far wrong.
We have one of the most closely regulated systems of gun ownership,and there seems to be a tree hugging anti around every corner.
The way I see it is this,if you don't like something,then don't support it or take part,but equally don't try and stop those who do want to support it and take part.
There is now even licensing for airguns in Scotland ! ,let's just hope it doesn't spread south.

#168156 - 01/27/18 09:01 AM Re: Airguns Anyone?? [Re: Neale_Jenkinson]
Wayne Dengler Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Neale,
Is rook hunting still popular/allowed??? I might be wrong on this but are rooks like our crows???
Are they edible??? Yeah I know they taste like chicken!!!!!

I am so glad to see that the governments are protecting everybody but nothing can protect us from them!!!

Scary sentence: "We are from the government,we are here to help"

Wayne

Edited by Wayne Dengler (01/27/18 09:02 AM)

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Peter_Kaufman