Stanback Knives Randall Made Knife
The RANDALL KNIFE FORUMS

A place where EVERYBODY is welcome to join in on the discussion of Randall Made knives

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#166509 - 11/21/17 09:40 AM Re: Good Randall EDC small Knife? Any suggestions? [Re: Dirty_Water]
RamKingJC Online
Knife Enthusiast

Mass is right... also the majority of the Communist Republic of New York and New Jersey is against double edge blades.

"First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire."

#166510 - 11/21/17 11:22 AM Re: Good Randall EDC small Knife? Any suggestions? [Re: Shellbriar]
JE6245 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Tallahassee FL
Originally Posted By: Shellbriar
Originally Posted By: JE6245
No offense to any other sellers but I think all you need to do is go to Tunefink's web site under newer knives and there are plenty of options. I especially like the model 26 with stag he has up for sale. Also a nice model 8 at a good price.

PS -- Welcome!

What’s the web address?
Thanks,
Mike

Mike -- Check his post on this thread, first page.

“If you don’t know where you are going, you might wind up someplace else.” – Yogi Berra

Me 2020

#166511 - 11/21/17 12:28 PM Re: Good Randall EDC small Knife? Any suggestions? [Re: crutchtip]
rigid54 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: NC, USA
Originally Posted By: crutchtip
Originally Posted By: rigid54

really?

curious to where this may be in the US.

Double edged knives (daggers) are most generally unacceptable.

Where?

Pert-near everywhere I know of -unless you have a permit for “concealed weapons”, most places frown heavily on “dirks & daggers”. Here in NC we have a “pistol permit”, knives are “not” included. Best not be caught around these parts with a fish-tail twenty-four in a groovy, leather frogged neck sheath.
NRA Life

#166512 - 11/21/17 03:51 PM Re: Good Randall EDC small Knife? Any suggestions? [Re: crutchtip]
Windsor Online
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Texas!
Originally Posted By: rigid54

really?

curious to where this may be in the US.

Double edged knives (daggers) are most generally unacceptable.

Where?

Texas until recently, for one.

Michigan, New Mexico, and Colorado still won't let you carry double-edged "concealed". Felony crime in Michigan, if the charge sticks.

Denver has some goofy measuring standard for double-edged knives, making them effectively illegal. Colorado passed some recent laws, unsure if they included a preemption clause to shut down silly city laws.

#166518 - 11/21/17 06:34 PM Re: Good Randall EDC small Knife? Any suggestions? [Re: Windsor]
BladesNBarrels Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: East Tincup General Store,Colo...
Effective Aug. 09, 2017, Colorado repealed the ban on switchblade and gravity knives, but...(there is always a "but")
Kniferights.org added the following:

WARNING: Automatic (switchblade) and gravity knives are still subject to Colorado’s concealed carry blade length limitation of 3.5 inches or less.

WARNING: Unfortunately, while the state law has changed in Colorado, without state knife law preemption a significant number of municipalities in Colorado currently still ban switchblades mirroring the old state law. Among them is the state’s largest city, Denver, as well as Aurora, Boulder, Colorado Springs and Lakewood. No doubt others do as well and this patchwork of local bans is potentially waiting to trap unwary knife carriers.

No legal test yet.
Molon Labe

#166519 - 11/21/17 07:06 PM Re: Good Randall EDC small Knife? Any suggestions? [Re: BladesNBarrels]
Byrdguy Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: FL Panhandle
My choice would be a 28.
RKS#4413
SHAG# 8
RKCC# CM096
NRA Member

#166520 - 11/21/17 07:18 PM Re: Good Randall EDC small Knife? Any suggestions? [Re: Byrdguy]
crutchtip Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Friggin nimrods. Whaddya expect, that is where the Kennedys are from.

Exactly why I would't live in one of those shit holes

Hard to believe in this country some douche nozzle politician thinks because a 6 inch blade is sharp on both sides it will cause more damage than my 10" kitchen carver sharp on one side.

BUY-SELL-TRADE

#166522 - 11/21/17 08:51 PM Re: Good Randall EDC small Knife? Any suggestions? [Re: crutchtip]
Dirty_Water Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: central fl.
And that's why I visit but WOULDN'T move back!!

Scott
RKS #014

HE IS RISEN!, HE IS RISEN INDEED!

#166523 - 11/21/17 09:31 PM Re: Good Randall EDC small Knife? Any suggestions? [Re: Dirty_Water]
RandallJames Offline
Knife Enthusiast

I have a Model 8 4 in the fighter design. All black with silver spacers and black sheath. I carry it everyday and I have protected myself with it one unfortunate night with my wife. I’d rather not elaborate, but we were in Chicago and walking to our hotel after a late night dinner. Needless to say, we were jumped by a desperate individual. I believe my Randall saved our lives.

#166525 - 11/21/17 11:14 PM Re: Good Randall EDC small Knife? Any suggestions? [Re: RandallJames]
Captain Chris Stanaback Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central Florida
I think this topic is interesting and I also think it's being discussed in the wrong thread. It should have a thread of it's own.
Back on topic: I agree with Warren as one worthy candidate is the GTR! Model #10's a great and I carry one quite often..."BUT"...(Here it comes)...your hand will cramp up using one for any extended period of time. GTR: Not so much. The #21 was also mentioned and almost identical in size but a much more singular-usage blade design, i.e. "skinner"!
The Model #27, Minis, as was mentioned is a killer EDC also. You have to ask yourself, not only "what" but "why". What you carry should be predicated on "why" am I using this knife...the majority of the time.
As Rod suggested, a small camp & trail (3/16" stock and a 4" blade) is a perfect "all-around" blade shape...and choice. A trout & bird is almost identical in size and weight but limited, by legalities, in many states due to the top edge being sharpened!
To the original poster, thanks for your question and apologies for "forum-sidetrack" which often happens. I would be interested as to your "intent" for this knife. It would make my (and others) suggestions more minimalized and user-specific.
Great topic: I have over 3 dozen Randall knives that I actually "use" and often.
Stay sharp, Capt. Chris
Model #27 "Mini":

Attachments
------#27-MINI 005.jpg

RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Mr_Mod