Randall Made Knife dominionhobby.com
The RANDALL KNIFE FORUMS

A place where EVERYBODY is welcome to join in on the discussion of Randall Made knives

Page 41 of 56 < 1 2 ... 39 40 41 42 43 ... 55 56 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#166347 - 11/14/17 07:32 PM Re: Knife Of The Week Model 12 *** [Re: Sphinx3000]
Billy Poyner Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Mississippi
Sphinx,
Welcome to the forum.I was in Holland in 1969.Tulips and the women
were beautiful.You forgot to mention some of the best cheese in
the world.

Proud to have served my country 67-69

#166348 - 11/14/17 07:49 PM Re: Knife Of The Week Model 12 [Re: Sphinx3000]
rodbrown Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted By: Sphinx3000
I think you will like it. In the summer we have mostly nice weather with sometimes a little bit of rain. We have a flat country and lots of canals. We also have lots of beautiful old buildings and windmils.

Tourists also like to visit "De Keukenhof" where all kinds of Tulips grow. I never been there, haha. We are below sealevel and made a part of my land of a piece of the ocean. There is a saying that God created the world and we The Netherlands. People like my grandfather used to walk on wooden shoes and some people stil do, (maybey 1% of the people). We are also famous for cheese making.

Prostitution is legal and so is weed wich atracts a lot of young people. When you visit the redlight district located almost in the center of Amsterdam, you think you are in a madhouse Lots of drunk and crazy people alongside with normal folks doing there shopping. I live in the north where things are much more calm. Not so many people and more space. If you want some tips for your holiday you can always PM me.

@ RamKingJC thanks for the advice!

Sphinx

Welcome to the Forums.

I have been in your country 3 times. I have even been to De Keukenhof, so I am one up on you.

My wife and I love your country. Amsterdam is very easy to get around in, walking. The people are friendly and we always felt safe. Walking through the red light district is something everyone should do. Yes, I may have left my nose print on some of the windows from ogling, but hey, that is just another life experience.

Did some biking, got some wooden shoes, drove across the Zeider Zee (sp), took in Arnhem, Utrecht and the Hague. It is weird to be driving on a road and look to one side and see a ship ABOVE you! Loved it all.
The greatest glory in living lies not in never failing, but in rising every time we fail.” — Nelson Mandela

#166350 - 11/14/17 08:11 PM Re: Knife Of The Week Model 12 [Re: Sphinx3000]
maxpastor Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: South West
Welcome Sphinz3000,

I have visited Holland many times and my Daughter and Son in Law would go to Holland every spring for the last 3 years. I was in Den Helder in the 70's. and of course Amsterdam (Canal street) I was in the Navy, had to see the giant dig dong LOL. anyway I digress. I really like Holland in the spring and fall. I must say the food was fantastic, along with the Beer.
Great to have you in the Forum.

max
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

RKCC #502

#166354 - 11/15/17 06:10 AM Re: Knife Of The Week Model 12 [Re: maxpastor]
Sphinx3000 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: The Netherlands
Thanks for the welcome, great to be on the forum!

I love reading how you guys experienced Holland! @ Billy Poyner, we have some nice women here, but Oekraïne is the number one in Europe with almost only beautiful women. Been there once, wow! I did mention the cheese, LOL.

@ rodbrown sounds like you saw a lot of our country. Last time I was in Amsterdam I saw two bars with one prostitute behind glass in the middle. It was a hot day and the bars had there terraces crowded with lots of people, sitting there, enjoying the sun and drinking a beer or something else. A guy walks straight to the prostitute passing all those people ( more then a 100) and nobody even looks up, haha

Meanwhile another guy passed by with a fhishing rod on his shoulder and goes casual fishing, in on of the canals in the middle of the redlight district.

I am from the north, visited Amsterdam a lot of times but even I amaze myself when I see stuff like that.

@maxpaster, I have been to Den Helder and the marine base, thanks for your service! I like the spring also , the fall has nice colours, but it is the start of a wet, cold and long winter. I am always glad when it is May and nature comes back to life.

When you all visit again and want to know something (or looking for the best cheese for the lowest price :D) I will gladly help!

Edited by Sphinx3000 (11/15/17 11:14 AM)

#169889 - 03/28/18 02:14 PM Re: Knife Of The Week Model 12 [Re: vklough46]
Abercenfi Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Wales, UK
I'm new to this forum and new to Randall knives. This is my first one - it arrived today.

Am I allowed to use it?

Attachments
------LBB1.jpg

Edited by David Sowle (03/28/18 02:16 PM)

#169890 - 03/28/18 02:19 PM Re: Knife Of The Week Model 12 [Re: Abercenfi]
RamKingJC Online
Knife Enthusiast

Welcome to the forum and WAYYYYY to jump out of the gates with a great 1!

LBB's make OUTSTANDING cake cutters!!! Scientifically engineered as such in fact!

Edited by RamKingJC (03/28/18 02:21 PM)

"First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire."

#169892 - 03/28/18 02:41 PM Re: Knife Of The Week Model 12 [Re: RamKingJC]
Abercenfi Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Thanks RamKingJC

My first #1-7 arrived today.

There's a '60's #1-8 winging its way over from your side of the pond as I write.

I bought another #1-7 along with a #12 Bear Bowie today, and by the time I was offered a very tempting '60's #1 with a Floyd Bird sheath and two immaculate stag handled #4's a 6" and a 4", I'd run out of money and had to say no before the wife found out what I was up to.

#169893 - 03/28/18 03:20 PM Re: Knife Of The Week Model 12 [Re: Abercenfi]
RamKingJC Online
Knife Enthusiast

On that last part about the sheath it's a really REALLY good thing you passed on that!!! Trust me...

"First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire."

#169896 - 03/28/18 04:48 PM Re: Knife Of The Week Model 12 [Re: RamKingJC]
Abercenfi Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Cheers RamKingJC - I'm on a very steep learning curve. Feedback is most welcome.

#169897 - 03/28/18 04:52 PM Re: Knife Of The Week Model 12 [Re: Abercenfi]
tunefink Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Bambalam
Welcome to the forums David.

You need to meet Neale Jenkinson here on the forums. He lives on your island.

Page 41 of 56 < 1 2 ... 39 40 41 42 43 ... 55 56 >

Moderator:  Mr_Mod