Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#173561 - 08/04/18 10:07 AM Re: AUTOMATIC KNIVES [Re: W Polidori]
BladesNBarrels Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: East Tincup General Store,Colo...
Well...
Actually, because of my security clearance, I did have a conversation with the officer I reported to.
Fortunately for me, my high school Russian was not very good and it didn't go anywhere.
Molon Labe

#173585 - 08/05/18 07:37 PM Re: AUTOMATIC KNIVES [Re: BladesNBarrels]
W Polidori Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central New York
Well thankfully you speak English friend. Great story and a knife to prove it.

#173683 - 08/08/18 08:54 PM Re: AUTOMATIC KNIVES [Re: W Polidori]
Sharpi Offline
Knife Enthusiast

So the Russian is a Spainiard

I like the RED WHITE & BLUE
Sharpi

#180941 - 06/19/19 03:54 PM Re: AUTOMATIC KNIVES [Re: Wayne Dengler]
James Usher Offline
Knife Enthusiast

hey can any1 tell me, I heard there are some knives which are illegal to have... which 1 are those??

#180944 - 06/19/19 05:19 PM Re: AUTOMATIC KNIVES [Re: James Usher]
BladesNBarrels Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Depends on your country or your state laws.
Some cities, like Denver, make up their own rules too.
Molon Labe

#180960 - 06/19/19 09:13 PM Re: AUTOMATIC KNIVES [Re: BladesNBarrels]
coachblalock Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Lake Fork, East Texas
Here in Texas, you can carry just about anything you want to.

#180971 - 06/20/19 09:43 AM Re: AUTOMATIC KNIVES [Re: coachblalock]
BladesNBarrels Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Now that I think back, I was once warned about buying a "ballistic knife"

A ballistic knife is a knife with a detachable blade that can be ejected to a distance of several yards by pressing a trigger or operating a lever or switch on the handle. Spring-powered ballistic knives briefly gained notoriety in the United States in the mid-1980s after commercial examples were marketed and sold in the United States and other Western countries. Since then, the marketing and sale of ballistic knives to civilians has been restricted or prohibited by law in several countries.

In its spring-propelled form, the blade of a ballistic knife is theoretically capable of being fired to an effective range of around 5 meters (about 16 feet) at a speed of 63 km/h (39 mph). Ballistic knives using compressed air or gas propulsion to fire the blade can be made somewhat more powerful, and do not suffer from spring fatigue over time.

Similar to conventional automatic knives, federal law makes ballistic knives with a spring-operated blade illegal to possess, manufacture, sell, or import "in or affecting interstate commerce." This means they are illegal to import from outside the United States, as well as buy or sell over state lines, including possessing or making them with intent to sell over state lines. The federal law also makes it a separate crime to use or possess a ballistic knife during the commission of a federal crime of violence, with a minimum sentence of 5 years in a federal prison.

Federal law does not prohibit the possession, manufacture, or sale of a ballistic knife within a state's boundaries, and the individual laws of each state or territory must be consulted to determine whether possession, manufacture, or sale within a given state is legal (many states have statutes that regulate or prohibit the acquisition or possession of ballistic knives, and penalties vary from state to state). Like the federal switchblade law, an exception is made for sale to the United States Armed Forces within the confines of a contract, as well as possession by duly-authorized members of the Armed Forces in performance of their duty.

I know, way too much information, but this might be what you were asking.
Molon Labe

#180972 - 06/20/19 10:30 AM Re: AUTOMATIC KNIVES [Re: BladesNBarrels]
JE6245 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Tallahassee FL
Like James, I have become a Protech fan. Well made (in the US) and reasonably priced. I picked up this "Don" at Blade (obviously not my picture but better than what I could do). It called to me as I walked by the Protech booth and I just had to have it. ;-)

Attachments
------protech don.jpg

“If you don’t know where you are going, you might wind up someplace else.” – Yogi Berra

Me 2020

#181015 - 06/23/19 06:20 PM Re: AUTOMATIC KNIVES [Re: JE6245]
Sharpi Offline
Knife Enthusiast

very Nice Blue Don

Sharpi

#183814 - 10/04/19 02:02 AM Re: AUTOMATIC KNIVES [Re: Wayne Dengler]
James Usher Offline
Knife Enthusiast

hey guys anybody excited for the Halloween sale on knives?? laugh

Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  John_Hanlon, John_Nugent, kdhampton