dominionhobby.com Clinton Knives
The RANDALL KNIFE FORUMS

A place where EVERYBODY is welcome to join in on the discussion of Randall Made knives

Page 22 of 39 < 1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 38 39 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#164665 - 09/16/17 08:39 PM Re: Blade Show BOWIE Building Big-Un! [Re: CrazyCajun]
RamKingJC Online
Knife Enthusiast

Just back home from helping Captain Chris de-Hurricane proof his house... great day over all . To say he is "swamped" in stuff is an absolute understatement....

On a personal note... considering what "we" as a forum have going on "against" us, outside of this build, is nothing short of heartbreaking. That this build is even being pushed along is , well I will just not finish that sentence. That's for the best.
But since some of us "need" to keep this going I reckon we should... cause THAT'S what's important here... MY FEELINGS... NOT Captain Chris'

He asked me to toss up a quick total and he will get in later and move us forward on the build. Here ya go Captain...

A. FCH Has 9 votes

C. #14 style has 8

Looks like we should go forward with the FCH since it is 1 up on votes.

"First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire."

#164692 - 09/17/17 09:57 AM Re: Blade Show BOWIE Building Big-Un! [Re: RamKingJC]
Captain Chris Stanaback Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central Florida
OK:
Model #12-9", #14 grind
* Add a stainless blade
* Add a nickel silver forward curved hilt
* Add the custom bog oak handle
Let's figure out the handle shape (if any) and spacers (or collar) and put this puppy to bed! I will be on the road to South Florida today. I will be leaving tomorrow sometime (or Tuesday, at the latest) to visit my Mississippi Brothers who are going through their own personal "Hell" right now.
Furthermore: I am scheduled for the Tallahassee gun & knife show next weekend...which has to be cancelled in light of all the crap that's going on of late! I will post up, when I have the opportunity but cannot say exactly when that will be. It is an excellent time for all of us to reflect on what is "really" important in our lives, give thanks for what we have and pray for a calming, tranquil outcome on things we have no control over.
If all of this sounds a little vague...it is. At the requests of people I love and care about, this is the limits to which I will post at this time....and please: Patience everyone. A lot of hurt out there, right now.
Thanks, Capt. Chris
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

#164693 - 09/17/17 10:09 AM Re: Blade Show BOWIE Building Big-Un! [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
JE6245 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Tallahassee FL
Sorry you won't be able to make it here Captain but completely understand. Best wishes to you and hope things get better for you soon. Take care.

“If you don’t know where you are going, you might wind up someplace else.” – Yogi Berra

Me 2020

#164694 - 09/17/17 10:38 AM Re: Blade Show BOWIE Building Big-Un! [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
TonyLaPetri Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Glen Head NY
Thanks Cap.

My Prayers and Thoughts to All down there.

Tony
RKS#1885
RKCC CM-022

#164909 - 09/23/17 01:26 PM Re: Blade Show BOWIE Building Big-Un! [Re: TonyLaPetri]
Captain Chris Stanaback Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central Florida
OK Crew,
Due to Dr's restrictions and other $..t going on right now, I'm land-locked until the end of next week!
Can we decide on spacers for this knife? If we do not use a butt cap (or even if we do) aluminum spacers (with either red or black fiber insulators) are a good choice.
A nickel silver smooth collar is also in the running and there will be no coloration variances from the NS hilt. It is, however much more expensive as an option: $20.00 for Alum. verses $65.00 for a nickel silver collar.
I know a portion of our crew likes all black spacers and that (or red, white & blue spacers) is a "no charge" option as well! Just something else to discuss.
I, in no way, want to influence the vote..."&"...as ya'll have heard from me way too many times: "I don't care what we build"! ................"BUT".............(Guess I'm not as sick as I let on (Good Tombstone quote)......please ask yourself this question. "Is this knife going to be used or coveted"?
My guess is this knife will not be a user. 5 options is our limit. Do you want fiber spacers, affording a butt cap (also covering up and reducing the amount of bog oak used) or do you want metal spacers, of some sort, and leave the butt alone?
All good points and your responses and eventual votes will determine the outcome. Let's take the weekend to "air our point of view"...ROLL CALL VOTE will come Monday Night, just before my buddy Hank, Jr. sings!!
Talk it over,
Capt. Chris
PS: We still have "other" issues/options to discuss (handle shape, etc.)...CCS

Edited by Captain Chris Stanaback (09/23/17 01:29 PM)
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

#164910 - 09/23/17 02:17 PM Re: Blade Show BOWIE Building Big-Un! [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
Steven Offline
Randall Enthusiast
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Denver, CO
Lots to decide here. I want the butt left alone, bare naked.

#164911 - 09/23/17 03:37 PM Re: Blade Show BOWIE Building Big-Un! [Re: Steven]
Chief Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
I vote for a collar & a border patrol handle, or finger grips or SFG.
The way I view it is if you are going to use a option on spacers go big or as The Captain put it, "either red or black fiber insulators".

Or for the those liking a butt Cap.
Nickel silver butt All Black spacers, SFG, Finger grips or border Patrol handle.
RKS #5154

If you put off following The LORD just remember......They don't serve breakfast in hell!

#164913 - 09/23/17 04:27 PM Re: Blade Show BOWIE Building Big-Un! [Re: Chief]
Holzinger258 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: The Desert Southwest
I'm with Chief's first idea:
"I vote for a collar & a border patrol handle, or finger grips"
RKS #258

#164914 - 09/23/17 04:58 PM Re: Blade Show BOWIE Building Big-Un! [Re: Holzinger258]
W Polidori Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central New York
Yup, me too!

#164918 - 09/23/17 08:04 PM Re: Blade Show BOWIE Building Big-Un! [Re: W Polidori]
Robert Frey Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Wausau, WI USA
Aluminum/Black Spacers

NRA Life Member

Page 22 of 39 < 1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 38 39 >

Moderator:  Mr_Mod