Nifeboy.com Randall Made Knife
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#158585 - 03/25/17 03:26 AM Ye Favorite Skinner? Blade to handle ratio
Crutcher Offline
Knife Enthusiast

I've got several nice skinners, never actually used this one skinning but love the blade to handle feel and believe it would be top-notch. Makes me wanna skin

What's your favorite skinner? Even if it'unused....

#158586 - 03/25/17 06:52 AM Re: Ye Favorite Skinner? Blade to handle ratio [Re: Crutcher]
desert.snake Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: the other side of the earth
I love Morseth and Dozier skinners.

#158587 - 03/25/17 07:05 AM Re: Ye Favorite Skinner? Blade to handle ratio [Re: Crutcher]
W Polidori Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central New York
That CR has alot of DNA with Randall models 18, & 19. Not sure if I'd want to be skinning an animal with a metal handle in frigid temperatures, althougb its a nice piece nonetheless.
Personal skinning favorites are Randall's 11 & 20. I also have a razor sharp Behring Made Hunter ready to go.

#158595 - 03/25/17 09:45 AM Re: Ye Favorite Skinner? Blade to handle ratio [Re: W Polidori]
pappy19 Online
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Garden Valley, Idaho
I like a drop point for skinning rather than an upsweep blade. The Model 11 works nicely as does the clip blade on a Model 5.

Pap
Randall Collector
Behring Made Collector
Ruana Collector
Glock Fan
NRA- Life Member since 1975
mikenlu99@aol.com

#158601 - 03/25/17 11:44 AM Re: Ye Favorite Skinner? Blade to handle ratio [Re: W Polidori]
Crutcher Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Originally Posted By: W Polidori
That CR has alot of DNA with Randall models 18, & 19. Not sure if I'd want to be skinning an animal with a metal handle in frigid temperatures, althougb its a nice piece nonetheless.
Personal skinning favorites are Randall's 11 & 20. I also have a razor sharp Behring Made Hunter ready to go.

I never thought of that, metal handle and freezing temperatures. I started wearing field dressing gloves some time back. I don't mind the mess on my hands but getting blood out from my nails, uhggg..

#158605 - 03/25/17 04:13 PM Re: Ye Favorite Skinner? Blade to handle ratio [Re: Crutcher]
CrazyCajun Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central Florida
Thats a dandy for sure.
RKCC CM #051
NRA Member
FlA Knife Makers Assoc.

#158610 - 03/25/17 06:38 PM Re: Ye Favorite Skinner? Blade to handle ratio [Re: CrazyCajun]
JerryG Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: WI
My Ubejane is up there on the list for sure! Nice to be able to toss the knife in a tub of hot water to clean all the fat and blood of afterwards. Yes, the handle sucks during WI hunting seasons. Except, usually, spring turkey. I've wrapped mine with various materials with varying results. A liner glove inside a rubber glove works as well as anything. Keeping the knife under a jacket helps too.

I have a pair of knapped, from Georgia and Texas flint, skinners made for my son and I that are at the top of my list, waiting to be put to use.

#158611 - 03/25/17 06:51 PM Re: Ye Favorite Skinner? Blade to handle ratio [Re: JerryG]
BladesNBarrels Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: East Tincup General Store,Colo...
Originally Posted By: JerryG
My Ubejane is up there on the list for sure! Nice to be able to toss the knife in a tub of hot water to clean all the fat and blood of afterwards. Yes, the handle sucks during WI hunting seasons. Except, usually, spring turkey. I've wrapped mine with various materials with varying results. A liner glove inside a rubber glove works as well as anything. Keeping the knife under a jacket helps too.

I have a pair of knapped, from Georgia and Texas flint, skinners made for my son and I that are at the top of my list, waiting to be put to use.

Had to look that name up:

The name Ubejane was derived from the Zulu language in South Africa means Rhinoceros. The Rhino is a large, powerful animal with a strong up tilting horn, this skinner has those attributes.

That says it all!
Molon Labe

#158620 - 03/25/17 11:09 PM Re: Ye Favorite Skinner? Blade to handle ratio [Re: BladesNBarrels]
Crutcher Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Originally Posted By: BladesNBarrels
Originally Posted By: JerryG

Had to look that name up:

The name Ubejane was derived from the Zulu language in South Africa means Rhinoceros. The Rhino is a large, powerful animal with a strong up tilting horn, this skinner has those attributes.

That says it all!

Lol , yep, I actually thought about posting a little about it but figured it was known by everybody here... It really has a great feel man.. Pretty bad ass , as are many others

Moderator:  pappy19, Peter_Kaufman