Miles Swelze
Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#154280 - 12/05/16 06:33 PM Re: All The Behrings - Group Shot [Re: Behring Made]
W Polidori Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central New York
Just getting the family together for the holidays. Thanks to you guys it was all possible. AND, I didn’t even cut myself, lol.

#154366 - 12/06/16 09:27 PM Re: All The Behrings - Group Shot [Re: W Polidori]
tomthbomb Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Deep East Texas
Warren,

About every second time we visit you ask me if I've seen your Behring collection photos. I always say "next time to the forum I will look".

Well, here I am and I'm blown away! I own some of Jame's creations, but WOW, you are Da Man!
RKS #4868

#154377 - 12/06/16 10:16 PM Re: All The Behrings - Group Shot [Re: tomthbomb]
W Polidori Offline
Knife Enthusiast

I can't be the man cause you are brother. Just catching up is a good thing every now and then ; wink

Edited by W Polidori (12/06/16 10:17 PM)

#154427 - 12/07/16 07:52 PM Re: All The Behrings - Group Shot [Re: GCTom41]
Fairbairn Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Oakville Ontario Canada
What a fantastic collection! I switched from ordering Randalls to Behrings, mainly because the quality is identical, plus there is more choice in handles, guards,etc, and delivery beats Randall time frames hands down! I should also mention the innovative scabbards, not found elsewhere. You must have a knife display room....a knife cabinet would be totally inadequate. Great going, Warren!

#154431 - 12/07/16 09:00 PM Re: All The Behrings - Group Shot [Re: Fairbairn]
W Polidori Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Thanks for the kind reply. Why yes I do have a knife display room with many cabinets.

#154440 - 12/08/16 12:01 AM Re: All The Behrings - Group Shot [Re: W Polidori]
Duke Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Southwest Virginia
Golly whoppers, Warren.....haven't been able to be on Forum enough lately, BUT,
what an amazing & outstanding collection. James & the Montana Behring Bunch....just absolutely fantastic!!
Next Warren....how 'bout a couple pics. of just a few of your "users"? I've got a feeling it would be pretty good too. Heck, I just came up with another thread....."Group Shot-Favorite Users Only Allowed"
Duke;RKS#5567
RKCC-CM-087
Southwest VA

#154444 - 12/08/16 05:56 AM Re: All The Behrings - Group Shot [Re: Duke]
W Polidori Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Thanks Duke for the reply. I'll have to work on that but I gotta be honest I don't have any user bowie's Lol.

#154453 - 12/08/16 11:56 AM Re: All The Behrings - Group Shot [Re: W Polidori]
Behring Made Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Missoula, MT, USA
We could arrange that smile

#154485 - 12/08/16 10:46 PM Re: All The Behrings - Group Shot [Re: Behring Made]
W Polidori Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Just saw this reply and I'm smiling. I bet you could arrange that, LOL! In this state I live in it could get interesting carrying a bowie knife. Meanwhile I have a full CCW; go figure.

#154490 - 12/08/16 11:22 PM Re: All The Behrings - Group Shot [Re: W Polidori]
rfcarlin Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: New York
Warren, NYS has no specific restrictions on fixed blade knife lengths, or open carry, outside of NYC (which prohibits open carry altogether, and prohibits possession of any knife with a blade length of 4" or longer).

Of course, you could certainly run into an enforcement officer who does not know the law, or who feels like hassling you. Unfortunately, the somewhat archaic NYS Penal Law is fairly 'gray' and non-specific when it comes to knives.

NYS PL 265.01 prohibits the possession of a "dangerous" knife, if it is intended to be used unlawfully against another person. What's a "dangerous" knife? Unfortunately, it is not defined in the law (though it is lumped in with switchblades, ballistic knives, metal knuckle knives, dirks, stilettos, etc. Possession of a "dangerous" knife, though, is deemed to be "presumptive proof of evidence of intent to use the same unlawfully against another." (NY PL 265.15) Sounds like a bit of a catch-22 to me, but that's NY for you.

While I've occasionally worn my RMK 19-5 while biking or hiking, without incident, I'd venture that unless you were hunting or camping, a bowie would probably be deemed to be a "dangerous" knife in NYS. And who needs to spend the time and money rebutting the dangerous classification and unlawful use presumption?
RKCC #622

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Behring Made