James Behring Knives dominionhobby.com
The RANDALL KNIFE FORUMS

A place where EVERYBODY is welcome to join in on the discussion of Randall Made knives

Page 13 of 13 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#188301 - 06/14/20 05:32 PM Re: Randall Oddities, Unique Knives, One Of A Few [Re: desert.snake]
crutchtip Offline
Knife Enthusiast

It appears to be a model 10 ground differently than a Crider. Note that it is not quite a spear point like the Crider, and the bottom bevel is pure model 10. If you look below the logo and name etching, the grind kind of rises and raises the mid line from where it would be on a Crider or a standard 10 grind, resulting in the top bevel being shallower than the bottom bevel.

It appears Bo took a model 10 and tweaked it for someone he knew.

Then again, what do I know?

BUY-SELL-TRADE

#188478 - 06/24/20 12:58 AM Re: Randall Oddities, Unique Knives, One Of A Few [Re: desert.snake]
desert.snake Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: the other side of the earth
Originally Posted By: crutchtip
It appears to be a model 10 ground differently than a Crider. Note that it is not quite a spear point like the Crider, and the bottom bevel is pure model 10. If you look below the logo and name etching, the grind kind of rises and raises the mid line from where it would be on a Crider or a standard 10 grind, resulting in the top bevel being shallower than the bottom bevel.

It appears Bo took a model 10 and tweaked it for someone he knew.

Then again, what do I know?

Thank you very much! It would be nice to revive this model.

You know a very lot grin

Originally Posted By: desert.snake

Also, I see one of the first, is it not the one that is the first, from the museum?
http://www.knifegallery.com/2017%20Shows/NYCKS/slides/Randall_171111.jpg

Update:
Yes, this is one from Randall museum, that was named first. I looked at the photo from the museum and see same texture of the horn, spacers and choil. I used to have doubts, because In the photo from the museum I did not see the second pin, which is closer to the rear of the handle, now I see it.

I mean this photo. Unfortunately, I forgot who made it, but it was somewhere on this forum from 2 copies, I glued it in photoeditor. I will be very grateful if any remind me of the name of the photographer and I mark him in the file name.

and here you can even see the stamp

Attachments
------Bo_Randall's_First_Knife_1938-2KT.jpg

------stamp.jpg

#188662 - 06/30/20 11:30 AM Re: Randall Oddities, Unique Knives, One Of A Few [Re: desert.snake]
crutchtip Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Not a stamp. That was hand etched with an "electric pencil"

BUY-SELL-TRADE

Page 13 of 13 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13

Moderator:  Mr_Mod