------IMG_1892.JPG

RKCC CM #051
NRA Member
FlA Knife Makers Assoc.

#147665 - 08/12/16 11:17 PM Re: Spyderco's [Re: CrazyCajun]
W Polidori Online
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central New York
Never did own a Spyderco. Can’t own them all. Sharp blades.

#147666 - 08/12/16 11:19 PM Re: Spyderco's [Re: W Polidori]
RamKingJC Online
Knife Enthusiast

I had an employee in a knife shop talk me out of buying 1 that was well over $100 in like 97 maybe... never looked at Spyderco again. But they do have ggreat looking designs

"First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire."

#147674 - 08/12/16 11:50 PM Re: Spyderco's [Re: RamKingJC]
W Polidori Online
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central New York
That's because at the time you didn’t know it you we're destined for greater things.

#147675 - 08/12/16 11:51 PM Re: Spyderco's [Re: RamKingJC]
Lofty Offline
Knife Enthusiast

I have a couple of favorites, but will need add unspectacular photos tomorrow. Nothing but plastic. I still have my original Delica Clipit from when first introduced. It had the plastic clip as part of the scale.

Then came the plastic scaled version with moveable metal clip held on by two-piece coin slotted barrel nut, and a wonder of flat lightness, especially when clip removed.

Now they have complicated the knives and gone to thin metal liners with bolted scales and clips, the knives weigh more, are thicker, and if you tinker with those screws almost coating the knives compared to old, there ain't no more, and the warranty is voided. AND most knives have gone to the simpler and thinner blade full flat grind.

Which brings us back to the second style, still made (for the moment) in the Salt-line. Except the barrel nut and clip is titanium, the blade and lockbar made of absolutely rustproof H1 high nitrogen (instead of carbon) steel, and other small parts (screws/washers/spring) made of 420 stainless, a nearly rustproof knife, in total.

The steel performs about as AUS6/8A/440C at 56-57 Rc, but not near as brittle, it dents rather than chips, can be ironed back into alignment at edge, and curiously, gets extremely hard while not brittle from extra grinding of serrations. A weird and wonderful steel.

Check out this in-house test blade shot, and keep in mind this is a stainless blade with an edge hardness circa 57 Rc, and at the weakest place on this Endura-sized blade. Due to its strange properties, it performs as a differentially hardened blade, with hard edge and soft back.

I have the Delica sized Salt 1, and Endura size Pacific Salt which I will add tomorrow. Oh, and they keep the razor sharp hollow grind and full thickness back, in a great worker blade design. AND less abrasive old style handle texture.

Also, just about anybody's test of lock strength with weights shows the humble lockback still king of strength, as it seems any frame or liner lock is a bent piece of metal and just keeps bending under stress.

And only 2 and 3 oz respectively....quite cool, even if only steel and plastic.

Just the biggun as for strong blade in light, flat, rounded handle, and again, clip removable and my favorite method in something this pocket friendly.

Edited by Lofty (08/13/16 12:19 AM)

#147688 - 08/13/16 03:09 AM Re: Spyderco's [Re: Lofty]
desert.snake Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: the other side of the earth
A couple of days ago, I was looking for the results
of tests of knives locks and found an interesting video,
I think it is here to this topic, because spiderco smile

So sad what had not yet experienced tri-ad lock from cold steel.

not inserted video((
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERxHUXAFVs4

#147706 - 08/13/16 10:01 AM Re: Spyderco's [Re: desert.snake]
Windsor Online
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Texas!
ugh, I don't have a pic of it. My one and only Spyderco is one they don't make any more, "Dyad Jr". Given to me by my first father-in-law.

It took a dive into a grain pit, glove cuff hooked the pocket clip and pulled it right out of my pocket. Auger sucked it up and chewed on it a little, so one side has the micarta cut clean in two. Knife still works great other than that.

I'll have to dig it out of the safe and get a pic of it soon.

#147707 - 08/13/16 10:32 AM Re: Spyderco's [Re: Windsor]
Lofty Offline
Knife Enthusiast

I also had clips by ANYbody snagged at work and pockets tried to be moved by force before knife came out and fell. The Spyderco clipit survived 75ft falls to no ill effect. I do not like clips for safety reasons plus they just feel bad in hand while working hard.

Another lock strength test video, note how the lockbacks fare against reps of other varieties....Most locks today fall into liner or frame lock, and lockback now bringing up the rear. Most "new" locks only prevent frame or liner locks from shifting. However, they do not fail from shifting, they fail from bending, which those improvements do not and cannot fix. They start bent as part of design, and just keep bending under stress.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KmHfbG7z7g

HOWEVER, what nobody ever tests is going the other way....hyperextension of blade breaking backwards over the handle. Considering most are (foolishly) marketed as weapons rather than tools today, it is something a user would wish to know, whether in a stab or slash and striking anything hard.

Edited by Lofty (08/13/16 10:44 AM)

#147727 - 08/13/16 11:33 AM Re: Spyderco's [Re: Lofty]
Windsor Online
Knife Enthusiast

Originally Posted By: Lofty
I also had clips by ANYbody snagged at work and pockets tried to be moved by force before knife came out and fell. The Spyderco clipit survived 75ft falls to no ill effect. I do not like clips for safety reasons plus they just feel bad in hand while working hard.

This knife is too small to grip it very hard. It's one of those "three finger knives".

The clip stands out quite a bit (see 4th pic below).

Today is a perfect day for photo shoots outside, just enough overcast to kill hard shadow lines. Here's my poor spyderco Dyad Jr.

#147735 - 08/13/16 11:47 AM Re: Spyderco's [Re: Windsor]
Windsor Online
Knife Enthusiast

Whups, I lied. I forgot that I bought a replacement and never used it.

Here's what they look like if you don't drop them into a grain pit. crazy

And here's what I mean by "three finger knife."

#147739 - 08/13/16 11:54 AM Re: Spyderco's [Re: W Polidori]
RamKingJC Online
Knife Enthusiast

Originally Posted By: W Polidori
That's because at the time you didn’t know it you we're destined for greater things.

HaHa!!! Yeah it's been a LOOOOOOOONG time coming.

"First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire."

#147755 - 08/13/16 12:24 PM Re: Spyderco's [Re: Windsor]
Lofty Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Discontinued Dyad, I believe (most lines run only a short time), and glad you stayed clear of the grain auger.....mine, when clipped, dang near got me killed when it snagged and I was at great height. The Salt versions are so flat/light/rounded, even the huge one carries easy in a front pocket, and totally absolutely rustproof under normal circumstances. My dream knife.....too bad it's plastic!

Edited by Lofty (08/13/16 12:24 PM)

#147766 - 08/13/16 12:47 PM Re: Spyderco's [Re: Lofty]
Windsor Online
Knife Enthusiast

Oh yeah, long discontinued. I remember shopping around for the replacement at the "secondary sales" sites. I forgot that I had actually plunked money down at one. smile

The "grain auger incident" happened at a small shop that cleans'n'dries wheat to sell as seed to area farmers. The "pit" is for grain trucks coming in from the field to dump their load. It's a relatively small pit, just big enough to catch the width of a truck bed without having to sweep grain into it. It's much too small to "just unload the truck" into it, so the auger has to be cranking while you're dumping and the dump can't be "wide open." It has a grate on top to keep large things (kittens and larger) from dropping into the moving parts.

The first auger runs horizontally, feeds a second auger that lifts grain up (at an angle) to feed a pit for ladder buckets (on a chain) to lift grain up to the top of the building where it can be dumped straight into the cleaner feed bin or diverted to one of the storage bins.

I was working the gate on the back of the truck and an upward motion hooked the knife clip and lifted it clean out of my front pocket. At first we figured that we'd hear it plunk in one of the lift scoops. After a few minutes of waiting and no-show, I shut things down and manually cranked the second auger backwards and the knife popped out.

This was back in the summer of 2001.

#147802 - 08/13/16 04:24 PM Re: Spyderco's [Re: Windsor]
desert.snake Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Rob, interesting story smile
This rarely happens, but it happens.

For me clip is very useful if I do not have a belt cover.
When the knife without a clip and a holster,
it often falls and turns dents frown

#147832 - 08/13/16 08:04 PM Re: Spyderco's [Re: desert.snake]
Lofty Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Better photo of mine....to me an amazing knife due to total rustproofness plus super flat (even the largest is only 1/4" thick), great strong blade design and material, and exceptionally light where even largest is under 3oz with clip removed....too bad it's plastic.

#147839 - 08/13/16 08:23 PM Re: Spyderco's [Re: Lofty]
CrazyCajun Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central Florida
Agree on the handles..... My Civilians are hopefully never needed.... if so needed, they would be considered disposable.
RKCC CM #051
NRA Member
FlA Knife Makers Assoc.

#147869 - 08/13/16 09:12 PM Re: Spyderco's [Re: CrazyCajun]
Lofty Offline
Knife Enthusiast

If they made that same knife with one-piece titanium handle of same shape, and no "improvements" of bolted together halves and liners and liner lock, and the rustproof H1 steel, I would never look at another folder after that.

#147954 - 08/14/16 12:49 PM Re: Spyderco's [Re: Lofty]
Eric Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Michigan
My Titanium Spyderco. To heavy for my taste as a EDC.

Seal Team Gold Police Model that I liked.

Attachments
------DSC00152.JPG

------01-12-16 (16).JPG

#147959 - 08/14/16 01:23 PM Re: Spyderco's [Re: Eric]
Lofty Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Except for the squared off stern on second plastic handle version (which I approved of as it ditched unrequired excess length), the side profile of first plastic knives, the second plastic knives, the current Salt version, AND the Police model are pretty much identical. A titanium handled Police model is close to what I would wish for, but think the Salt blade design a far better working blade design. But I would take the Ti Police with no other changes.

#147961 - 08/14/16 01:26 PM Re: Spyderco's [Re: Lofty]
Peter_Kaufman Online
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Southeast Utah
Did someone say Spyderco

Nice knives guys, here are mine, a few are rare

Peter

Attachments
------spyderco1b.jpg

------spyderco2b.jpg

SAF
RKCC CM-023
RKS #5642
SHAG # 005
Ironwood Nut
Life is too short to have ugly knives

#147971 - 08/14/16 02:05 PM Re: Spyderco's [Re: Peter_Kaufman]
Lofty Offline
Knife Enthusiast

The Pacific Salt for scale, my old original plastic clip Clipit (of multiple 75ft falls to concrete fame), and the (always in shirt pocket) Ladybug (their best most useful knife ever, in 1.5oz all steel or 0.5oz plastic handle, a true always-knife capable of really heavy secure cutting).

Edited by Lofty (08/14/16 02:20 PM)

#147976 - 08/14/16 02:15 PM Re: Spyderco's [Re: Peter_Kaufman]
Holzinger258 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: The Desert Southwest
Spyderco Cali's - both EDC.

Attachments
------spyder cali.jpg

RKS #258

#147980 - 08/14/16 02:25 PM Re: Spyderco's [Re: Holzinger258]
Lofty Offline
Knife Enthusiast

For EDC and real use, it is hard to best a Spyderco. You can carry ritzier, but for working chores and ease of manipulation under stress, and with one hand busy, they are top drawer. Everyone else simply tried to cash in on Sal's revolutionary idea.

#147982 - 08/14/16 02:36 PM Re: Spyderco's [Re: Lofty]
CrazyCajun Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central Florida
Keep the pictures coming!!!
RKCC CM #051
NRA Member
FlA Knife Makers Assoc.

#148198 - 08/16/16 03:40 PM Re: Spyderco's [Re: CrazyCajun]
Lofty Offline
Knife Enthusiast

I have another couple coming while rest are packed for move, but this 15 sec video clip shows the sucker better than I could, a perfect stout little emergency knife, legal even in the Bronx (so long as completely concealed).

Serrations I do not care for except in the most difficult awkward cutting situations, then they are pure gold. Worth the $10 shipping both ways to have Spyderco make them as good as new, if ever required.

Again, the serrated H1 steel can run upper 60s Rc right at edge with NO embrittlement, fall to low 60s further back on scallops, and mid 50s at blade back. It actually outperforms all other supersteels in Spyderco's in house CATRA cutting durability tests. The theory is that the normally pliable tough nitrogen-based stainless develops a case hardening under grinding heat.

neat steel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_N7GTadnkU

Edited by Lofty (08/18/16 03:09 PM)

#148466 - 08/19/16 10:12 AM Re: Spyderco's [Re: Lofty]
Lofty Offline
Knife Enthusiast

The above post explains why the serrations. AND the H1 steel. Personally would do without the scallops due to home sharpening never appearing as factory, and often more as if attacked by an angry beaver. But with this steel, I will simply send to Spyderco for rare resharpen.

The really really stout "Salt Enuff" fixed blade, failsafe no matter the emergency, number is for NYC legal carry, where as mentioned in the puukko thread, NO blade over 4", NO locking folder even remotely flickable to open, NO knife which prints or shows in any manner, is legal.

The handle secure and large enough for forward/reverse grip, and impact surface at far end. Universal sheath (multiple blade styles in this "Enuff" line) is rocky/rattley, but holds knife well enough and thumbs free with one hand.

Again, on the folding Salt line, such as this serrated/Spyderedge Pacific Salt, blades and lock bar H1 steel, clip and barrel nut are titanium, spring/screws/washers 420 stainless at low end heat treat (heat treating sets up molecules for problems).

The big folder weight, a feathery 2.8 oz, the full tang stout fixed blade sheathed and minus bulky/heavy G-clip assembly is 4.9 oz.

Both are totally impervious to rust or staining, whether blood, food, sweaty salt, or chlorinated pool/sea water. (Truth in advertising has me add third or fourth hand accounts of folding knives ONLY left tied to sides of jetskis year-round, or used as dive knives never cleaned or rinsed, has staining of washers or eventual failure of spring at root plugged into handle, but only remote hearsay and of zero import to me...the folder is totally impervious to rust for most any owner, having seen folders left in salt water boat bilge tunnels grow only red algae, just no worry.)

The fixed blade has their later style ("bi-directional") handle texture, while the folder has the old style ("volcano grip"), and again, the Salt folders the only survivors of a line dating back to first metal clips, and only superlight linerless larger folders still made. I prefer old style texture for daily driving, but would prefer the new style for hands coated in grease or blood. Neither has what I would term too-much or too-little in grippiness or roughness, both are good and hand/pocket-liner friendly....I simply prefer the kinder old style. The Salt line, serrated OR plain edge, also the few still available with true razor edge hollowgrind of blades, most others the weaker/easier to make full flat grind or blunter stronger sabre edge.

If anyone is wondering how tough the linerless zytel/frn folder plastic handle might be, the only instance I have personally heard of was a destructive test done by a guy in Finland, who left his Pacific Salt knife outside overnight when it was a balmy circa -68°F (actually I think/recall far colder, but....), brought it in and batoned into a hardwood dowel crossgrain with no problem, and then beat directly on side of handle with hardwood dowel and handle on other dowel, and he cracked the handle, with knife still functional. As mentioned prior, mine own old Clipit made several 75 ft high dives to concrete with only extremely minor cosmetic bruising.

Spyderco fans have made it a small bizarre hobby in trying to break FRN handles or cause H1 steel to corrode somehow, and their general lack of success is remarkable.

Below are photos of a Salt line knife after three years at sea, left in boat bilge water when not used on dirty net line and fish....this is NOT rust. It is red algae growing everywhere knife contaminated by cutting line, fish gut residue, and filthy hands, and where gunk would grow. You can see in photos that all red is only a surface crust with zero damage to underlying metal surface. These are from an old post where a guy fished it out of the bilge and posted for fame about the knives rusting, he also refused to return knife for examination and free replacement. The only true oxidation known for sure, ever, is the actual oxides in the multicolor laser etch discoloring, and earliest blades got red specks on the surface from cross contamination of wheels used on other steels embedding micro particles of rustable steel in the H1 surface, the H1 NEVER rusting, no matter what.

Another "rusted" H1 blade after red algae removed...solid year left in salty sheath and never rinsed.

I can dislike the yucky pooh plastic handles all I wish, and even think of them as disposable tools, but also have to remember my original "disposable" knife of decades back still as good as new despite grease/oils/solvents/high dives. They may end up lasting for generations. I must admit that. And as for them being "high priced" for plastic steel knives, they also have near perfect fit/finish every time, and this Pacific Salt made of exotic nitrogen based corrosion proof steel in any environment survivable by a human being, of super exotic performance when serrated, plus exotic titanium small parts, and retails for under $80. Dare I say "bargain"?

And how do you display such knives at the factory outlet? Why, in a salt water aquarium, of course....

Edited by Lofty (08/19/16 01:59 PM)

#148483 - 08/19/16 03:18 PM Re: Spyderco's [Re: Lofty]
Lofty Offline
Knife Enthusiast

One more shot.

The old style knives may be ungainly appearing, but are near unbeatable for user comfort and security of hold, everything from radiused corners, to radiused edge downturned spoonbill new design clip nestled in hollow of palm, to arch of back against heel of palm, volcano grip side panels, the generous index relief and fully jimped thumb rest hump, they all come together to spell "safe" and "secure", where you would do most anything, even the most extreme, and never fear being known as Lefty for the rest of your life.....nor, as Mister Blisters.

Edited by Lofty (08/19/16 03:31 PM)

#148485 - 08/19/16 04:00 PM Re: Spyderco's [Re: Lofty]
Oldvetnam1 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: NJ
Here's a pic of my Spydercos. In addition to these I also have a Manbug.

Attachments
------rsz_1rsz_2014-06-17_191419.jpg

RKS #5715
SHAG #006

#148487 - 08/19/16 04:29 PM Re: Spyderco's [Re: Oldvetnam1]
Lofty Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Le rouge et le noir...I would just guess you like red and black, just a shot in the dark? Or Stendahl. (actually am guessing those are orange, but color shift with camera?)

The yellow Pacific Salt is more a, "Is that a banana in your pocket or...a banana?"

Truly, they near always are very flat and concealable, but I love the Manbug and Ladybug for near everything, small shirtpocket knives which do big knife cutting. What color is the Manbug, Steve?

Edited by Lofty (08/19/16 04:30 PM)

#148490 - 08/19/16 05:36 PM Re: Spyderco's [Re: Lofty]
Oldvetnam1 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: NJ
The Manbug is Burnt orange.
RKS #5715
SHAG #006

#148491 - 08/19/16 05:52 PM Re: Spyderco's [Re: Oldvetnam1]
Lofty Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Sure easier to find on a dresser than black....same with the "not quite ripe banana" color on Salts, which are unfortunately available only in black and yellow due to limited numbers of models in this line. But it stands out well in my general clutter.

The burnt orange was just available this year?

I bought the bright orange this year Sprint Run/limited run Schempp Rock Salt fixed blade in H1 steel, but packed for move along with H1 Warrior fixed blade...the Warrior a waaay under-appreciated and discontinued salt water dive knife rather than weapon, perfect for cutting yourself out of line, and with powerful bicep cuts rather than wimpy tricep power.

oops....just realized this the folder gallery....can delete if anyone offended...let me know.

To get back on photo topic, one would need look very hard to find a less obtrusive, abrasive clip mount system against heel of palm and during hard work, clip base completely sunk into surface, rather than exterior plus three knobby screws (so, naturally nearly extinct except on this knife), plus greatly appreciated last little downturn of spoonbill rounded clip. Lotta thought went into making the back end of this knife very friendly to hand, handle included.

Edited by Lofty (08/19/16 09:08 PM)

#148695 - 08/24/16 12:24 PM Re: Spyderco's [Re: Lofty]
desert.snake Offline
Knife Enthusiast

More would like to say that the test of locks on folding knives are really important.
Strength in the normal position is not as important as the quality of the lock.
If the blade break down in axle assembly as Figure 1,
it assumes no harm to the person.
If lock breaks down under load as Figure 2
the person may be injured, which is unacceptable.

I once badly cut his finger with a knife new out of the box -
I had to dig up a hole in the nature in the trunk of the tree to collect sap. The main knife was too blunt.

Be exceptional knife with slip joint and friction folder -
they do not have the lock and man working them very carefully,
knowing that the knife may arise from the failure of the movement.

A knife with a lock means that it is a reliable, almost as fixed
knife, so you can make significant efforts.
But when the blade is formed on the fingers in the most
unexpected moment, it is unpleasant, it should not be.

One of the ways - testing.

Attachments
------Knife lock break 2 variant.jpg

------sap.jpg

#149280 - 08/31/16 10:34 PM Re: Spyderco's [Re: desert.snake]
Lofty Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Had mentioned the first below video, I believe, but both videos show live weight or live load tests on various locks, and the humble lockback still king.

It matters not if various knives from various manufacturers tested as in first video....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KmHfbG7z7g

Or if most of the trick locks tested are from one manufacturer, SPYDERCO (which is only reason I added this to what SHOULD be a photo gallery thread of Spyderco, as it would be nice if I knew how to embed this in the gallery),...the ho-hum lockback is king.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERxHUXAFVs4

And will point out the older PacSalt/Endura and Salt 1/Delica blades in plain zytel/frn handles are/were even stronger at blade root and pivot than the new steel lined Endura/Delica 4 line. The new line not about product improvement, but about improved profit margin with more modular design and less waste with flavor of month changes requiring only light zytel interior skeletonized scales be recycled.

The only way the hollowback new scales over thin stamped steel liners could be stronger would be in a tension load attempting to tear knife in half. A compression/stab load in real world would immediately transition to closing force and, again, the old blade style would hold even longer than the new. And the solid zytel near unbreakable at any temperature at which a human could live without extensive protective equipment. I featured these Salt knives for a reason. The only way I could see one failing is either twisting load so severe that blade pivot heads pop off, or a force so strong trying to bend blade back over top of handle that the lock pivot be physically ripped out the top of the handle. Either, it seems, would be "easier" than attempting to force the blade closed.

It would have been interesting to see the Salt H1 steel blade tested, quite sure the blade would not have failed...and perhaps zytel handle would have bent to inline with winch cable and torn or not torn in half at max winch output. In any case, it would have taken some doing until handle distorted enough to pop the lock loose, if it would have happened at all,.... the cable directly over lock pivot meaning trying to bend/compress two 1" long slabs of zytel plastic bearing material down their strongest axis. Personally, I think the winch would have lost with old style plus H1. In the real world, with a person leaning on end of handle, right back to handle distorsion comments and taking some doing.

Cool stuff. Cool test. Cool gear.

Edited by Lofty (08/31/16 11:52 PM)

#159064 - 04/09/17 03:06 AM Re: Spyderco's [Re: Windsor]
Crutcher Offline
Knife Enthusiast

I have less than 10 Spyderco's... I can think of 2 yellow salt waters, gave a black one away and have 2 Spyderco SpyderCards, one Spydercard box is dated 6/19/02 and the other dated 6/18/02. Looking and can't find em all, beginning to think I have a mouse .. Have a 80's one owner Spyderco "POLICE" Seki-City Japan v8-10 that looks different than any others I've seen..

Good stuff

I said salt water lol.. have a yellow one sitting here and it says "Pacific Salt" not sakt water...

The police I have I think is really cool and unlike almost all my other knives. I would never part with

Edited by Crutcher (04/09/17 05:10 PM)
Edit Reason: error

#159494 - 04/19/17 10:37 PM Re: Spyderco's [Re: Crutcher]
David Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Idaho
I use Spyderco Natives as my primary folder, especially on the water. I probably have a dozen of them. I keep them in every vehicle, in backpacks and around the house.
SHAG No. 003
NRA Life Member
www.explorerconsulting.com

#165128 - 09/28/17 04:50 PM Re: Spyderco's [Re: David]
desert.snake Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Recently for my friend I bought a chinook 2, this is really
a comfortable knife. Unfortunately they do not produce
more (#2). A few weeks ago there was version #4,
it has an interesting lock.

I searched #2 and found the same myself,
it was slightly used, but the condition is good.

While I tested this on a branch of elm-tree (~3.3" diameter),
he cut and did not blunted. Another thing, this is my hand
- the handle is too narrow and thumb notches on the spine
is very sharp + razor concave bevels, it's not for a tree.
I took with me a sprig of elm, he has pleasant taste
of wood, slightly sweet. If only Spyderco made a convex
bevels on Chinook, it would be a killer of trees,
like Roselli or Bark River.
But the knife works very well on the meat smile

#165959 - 11/03/17 09:56 AM Re: Spyderco's [Re: desert.snake]
desert.snake Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Finally, I got it!))

With his teeth, he tears almost all the materials,
Very convenient against blister packs and ropes.
It is not very suitable for hunting or planing a tree.

Together with him came to me a CD with the video of James Keating.
It was written that it was for free distribution.
There is a site, you could download it, but it does not work
for many years. If someone needs it, I can give it.
http://modernknives.com/2dvd4free.htm

Attachments
------DSCF0405.JPG

------DSCF0406.JPG

------DSCF0407.JPG

------sd.jpg

#166394 - 11/16/17 03:42 PM Re: Spyderco's [Re: desert.snake]
desert.snake Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Modern smart phones - just a small miracle!))

#166939 - 12/08/17 09:46 AM Re: Spyderco's [Re: desert.snake]
desert.snake Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Yesterday I bought this thing. Unfortunately, I do not know the model, steel and year of manufacture. But it cuts cool different materials, especially fibrous, now I will have to buy a round cone with diamond dusting to sharpen it.

find!
http://spydercosource.com/2009/02/spyderco-economystandard-c05/

Attachments
------Spyderco unkown model 1.jpg

------Spyderco unkown model 2.jpg

------Spyderco unkown model 3.jpg

------rod.jpg

Edited by desert.snake (12/09/17 08:54 AM)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  John_Hanlon, John_Nugent, kdhampton