Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#135881 - 01/14/16 11:47 AM Re: Ruana blades *** [Re: KRP]
GCTom41 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: NY
KRP,

Top one is a 35B; middle one is a 27AC & the bottom one looks like a 95MP? Great knives, okay shape. Use them well!

Tom Flynn
RKS#5918
RKCC-CM-178
SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

#135883 - 01/14/16 12:45 PM Re: Ruana blades [Re: GCTom41]
RamKingJC Offline
Knife Enthusiast

The bottom 1 looks like a 26C Custom skinner in the Ruana book I am looking at. The other 2 are as Tom describes them.
Not 2 say anyone is wrong, just sort of what it looks like in the book, with black and white photo's LOL

I would be happy to pay you the brand new price of $35.50 + $2.78 Airmail and Insurance... if you NEEDED to unload it LOL

These are FANTASTIC family treasures, hopefully you will enjoy the uniqueness and beauty of them as much as their previous owner. Well done

Edited by RamKingJC (01/14/16 12:46 PM)

"First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire."

#135897 - 01/14/16 10:15 PM Re: Ruana blades [Re: RamKingJC]
Sharpi Offline
Knife Enthusiast

they are Treasures

nice than mine

Attachments
------Ruana (Medium).jpg

Edited by Sharpi (01/14/16 10:42 PM)

#135920 - 01/15/16 04:25 PM Re: Ruana blades [Re: GCTom41]
KRP Offline
Just dropped in

Thanks for the input gang. They are indeed wonderful knives and hope my son will get to enjoy them as much as his dad, granddad, and great-granddad did.

#135943 - 01/16/16 03:48 PM Re: Ruana blades [Re: KRP]
Tattoo Bill Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Spring Hill, Florida
I have some pics on my computer of mine, but they are too large to post on here.......Help!
ta2bill@yahoo.com

#136025 - 01/18/16 10:34 AM Re: Ruana blades [Re: Tattoo Bill]
KRP Offline
Just dropped in

I went to tinypics.com

They will send you a link to the resized picture. Worked for me. Hope that helps.

KRP

#139158 - 03/26/16 05:06 PM Re: Ruana blades [Re: KRP]
Buck Buchanan Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Fayetteville NC
KRP, I didn't see your first name, which we like to see here in your post on the forum.

The following is an excerpt from my thread in the "Picture Gallery". The thread is called, "How to Improve Your knife Photos".

Study the submitted entries for ideas on how to improve the quality. Start out first to get away from reflective surfaces such as shiny furniture tops. Put a piece of colored felt down for a background.

Look at Tony's "studio" (Its outside on an overcast day). Professional looking on a small budget with a point & shoot camera.

If you are using a smartphone, look at Steve's "set-up. Overcast day outside on the brick wall.

Here's the excerpt:

"It's a common result for folks to take a reflective item such as a knife and shoot indoors with a "smarthone" or a "point & shoot" camera, many times, unconsciously, with the flash mode on, washing out details in the subject.

This flash washout gets worse when one lays the knife and sheath on a shiny wood surface, and they can't understand why it's overexposed.

"Take It Outside" (on an overcast day). Look at the detail in Tony's outdoor image.

Alternative backgrounds are wood decks, trees stumps, and an 18" square of linoleum tile with a textured or "wood" or "granite" pattern. The tile background make it appear as if the knife were shot inside on the floor. Outdoor overcast lighting will make a photo more acceptable & professional looking. This lighting IS hard to beat (& cheap, too).

To get really sharp images with a camera, set the aperture at f/8 or f/11 ( if you camera permits) and put the camera on a tripod. It doesn't matter whether the tripod cost $25 or $250, the camera becomes rock-solid. If you don't have a remote shutter release, use the camera's self-timer feature and set it for 5 or 10 seconds. This allows the camera to "settle" after your hand pushed the shutter button.

You will be amazed at the improvements in your images from just taking the advice given in these few posts. There are more ideas to come.

Remember, now, "film" is cheap".

Hope this helps.

Buck Buchanan

Though it looks like the knife was positioned on the floor, it is sitting on a 18" square of black granite linoleum tile, sitting on a table outside on the back deck.

Attachments
------IMG_0247.JPG

Edited by Buck Buchanan (03/26/16 05:10 PM)
Buck Buchanan, RKCC #CM-16, RKS #1003
NRA LIFE
NMLRA LIFE
Authorized Randall Dealer
buck100_10x@icloud.com

#198589 - 03/18/22 09:11 PM Re: Ruana blades [Re: KRP]
sonseere2 Offline
Just dropped in

Hello
Very nice examples.
GC

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2