Clinton Knives Clinton Knives
The RANDALL KNIFE FORUMS

A place where EVERYBODY is welcome to join in on the discussion of Randall Made knives

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#130908 - 09/02/15 02:43 PM Re: Any "Preppers" Out There? Which Randall? ** [Re: maxpastor]
Aurevoir Gopher Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc:
Well, after reading Capt's definition, I guess I'm not a prepper. Just a guy who spends time in the woods. I'll go with Woodcrafter.

#130911 - 09/02/15 03:22 PM Re: Any "Preppers" Out There? Which Randall? [Re: Aurevoir Gopher]
Captain Chris Stanaback Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central Florida
A lot...and I mean a "LOT" of folks are into "preparedness" tactical gear of all sorts. The folks who promote the Blade Show have a couple of dozen "Prepper" shows per year. A lot of MRE's, survival gear and the like...as well as assault and tactical weapons, bunkers, etc., etc....
"Preppers" as in getting prepared for some sort of gloom and doom...and, yes: There is a vast sub-culture who are into the "Zombie thing". Even my dentist had me make him a Confederate Bowie...Calls it his "Zombie Killer"!
To each his own, Capt. Chris
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

#130913 - 09/02/15 03:39 PM Re: Any "Preppers" Out There? Which Randall? [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
maxpastor Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: South West
Hell I thought survival gear and MRE's where a way of life. It is out here where I live. One day a woman asked my wife if she likes to camp out. and she told her she camps out everyday. That was before I saved enough money to put a furnace in the house, only wood heat. good enough for me.

Attachments
------Pecos wilderness.jpeg

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

RKCC #502

#130914 - 09/02/15 03:53 PM Re: Any "Preppers" Out There? Which Randall? [Re: maxpastor]
Knife Enthusiast

I hear ya' Max..."BUT"...(I know, I know) for a good portion of the urbanites: "Preppers" takes on a whole new meaning.
Best, Capt. Chris
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

#130915 - 09/02/15 04:01 PM Re: Any "Preppers" Out There? Which Randall? [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
rigid54 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: NC, USA
Someone told me once; why prepare, if it gets that bad, they'll back up to Publix (?) and get what they need. shocked
NRA Life

#130916 - 09/02/15 04:02 PM Re: Any "Preppers" Out There? Which Randall? [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
Aurevoir Gopher Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc:
Those are great pictures.

#130917 - 09/02/15 04:15 PM Re: Any "Preppers" Out There? Which Randall? [Re: Aurevoir Gopher]
maxpastor Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: South West
thanks, my wife likes the one of me and #7 the mule, I am the one on the right. grin
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

RKCC #502

#130924 - 09/02/15 06:41 PM Re: Any "Preppers" Out There? Which Randall? [Re: maxpastor]
Tom Vaught Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Michigan
"Preppers", it seems like, (from what little I have read on the web) have several schools of thought: a) Some want to live for another day (with their gear) against the "Russians", the Mexicans, etc like in the "RED DAWN" movie. b) Some want to have enough gear, weapons, etc to "stay in place and fight it out with the bad guys ("Zombies"), Katrina Thugs, etc and retain their possessions, property, etc.

A few; The Bug-Out Bag" (Get out of Dodge quickly) Group, The "Get Back Home from Work if the freeways/businesses are shut down due to a disaster" Group, and the "I'm going Up North to get away from the crazy people" Group just want to avoid conflict until the disaster is over. They just want to go someplace SAFE.

When I worked in Florida at the Ford Evaluation Center (outside of Naples) I spent time traveling the roads to find potential "escape" routes if they had a massive fire (in the dry season) in the swamp area we were in. Not like you could just hike cross-country across the swamp along with your buddies: snakes, bears, bobcats, alligators, etc. Some of the places were real cul-de-sacs with only one way in or out to a given road with two or more "escape" routes. Kind of like traveling on the freeway in Detroit or LA at night time and having the freeway shutdown and the cops dumping you off the freeway in a really bad area of the city.

Most would not last out the week in a Red Dawn event.

Tom V.

#130927 - 09/02/15 08:06 PM Re: Any "Preppers" Out There? Which Randall? [Re: rigid54]
Knife Enthusiast

Rigid said: "Someone told me once; why prepare, if it gets that bad, they'll back up to Publix (?) and get what they need. "
I know that guy. It was "me". Just hold a pistol to their throat and they'll help you carry the stuff out! Beats "Prepping"!
Best, Capt. Chris
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

#130928 - 09/02/15 08:08 PM Re: Any "Preppers" Out There? Which Randall? [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
Knife Enthusiast

Seriously..and back on track a bit: I would go for a 7 1/2 inch Model #18, stainless, knurled, compass and a nylon sheath with other "stuff" in the front panel's pouch, including a Swiss Army knife!
Best, Capt. Chris
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Mr_Mod