Miles Swelze
The RANDALL KNIFE FORUMS

A place where EVERYBODY is welcome to join in on the discussion of Randall Made knives

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#130883 - 09/01/15 09:51 AM Any "Preppers" Out There? Which Randall? **
pappy19 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Garden Valley, Idaho
For me, I think the 5" Model 19 is the perfect "one" tool for a prepper. If you have a prepper pack, a 19 would be a great choice, IMHO.

Pap
Randall Collector
Behring Made Collector
Ruana Collector
Glock Fan
NRA- Life Member since 1975
mikenlu99@aol.com

#130884 - 09/01/15 10:45 AM Re: Any "Preppers" Out There? Which Randall? [Re: pappy19]
Aurevoir Gopher Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc:
I'm a prepper, you're a prepper, he's a prepper, if you....

Yep, I do some bushcrafty type stuff.

Figured you would prefer Randall Made Knives in this thread, so this is my walk in the woods, light bushcraft set up. Randall 5-5 in a different sheath though.

This is my Becker BK10 Crewman (Camillus, NY made on top) and the BK10 I made out of a BK7 (Newer, Olean, NY version on bottom) Did not want to mess up the pretty coating on the Camillus made one as they are no longer made. It is in the display case.

This if for when I really plan on beating the snot out of a knife.

And this is my Camillus BK10 after I gave away the one I made and took this one out of the display case, put on Micarta handles that I cut grooves in for grip.

It has been used quite a bit. I pound on this one. It laughs.

#130890 - 09/01/15 11:03 PM Re: Any "Preppers" Out There? Which Randall? [Re: Aurevoir Gopher]
Chief Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Pappy I am with you on the model 19!
I have 3 users, used to have 4, gave my ivory user to Kent.......of course the first thing he did with it was cut himself lol.
All B.S. aside I use one all the time, have one in all my trucks.
RKS #5154

If you put off following The LORD just remember......They don't serve breakfast in hell!

#130898 - 09/02/15 08:10 AM Re: Any "Preppers" Out There? Which Randall? [Re: pappy19]
thevalueman Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Georgia
I've kinda got my Fireman tagged for that duty....Really heavy duty, and compact.

:-)Rocky
RKCC#25

#130899 - 09/02/15 09:52 AM Re: Any "Preppers" Out There? Which Randall? [Re: Aurevoir Gopher]
Michael_Mason Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Orlando, FL.
Tom,
May I ask, who made the sheath that the Model 5-5 is in? Nice !!

#130900 - 09/02/15 10:24 AM Re: Any "Preppers" Out There? Which Randall? [Re: Michael_Mason]
Aurevoir Gopher Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc:
Michael,
Here you go.

And a photo of the back.

Here is a close-up of the makers stamp.
This sheath is nice, but there are nicer out there for bushcraft. I stumbled upon this one in a knife deal I made with someone. It was part of the package deal. On a whim I thought I'd see if the 5-5 fit and it does like a glove. No movement. The edge is very well protected.

Valueman, I'm with you on the fireman. It's basically a crowbar with a scandi edge. Not a full scandi though. There is a secondary bevel. It took a couple hours, but I turned my Fireman into a pure scandi edge. Scary sharp. Seriously scary. Easier to maintain now.

Edited by Aurevoir Gopher (09/02/15 12:38 PM)

#130904 - 09/02/15 01:27 PM Re: Any "Preppers" Out There? Which Randall? [Re: Aurevoir Gopher]
maxpastor Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: South West
OK guys, I must be dumber than a box of rocks. what the heck is a Prepper ?????

max
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

RKCC #502

#130905 - 09/02/15 02:08 PM Re: Any "Preppers" Out There? Which Randall? [Re: maxpastor]
Captain Chris Stanaback Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central Florida
A folk, gettin' ready for "The Zombies"! (& I don't mean the old rockers, featuring Colin Blunstone on lead vocals)
Best, Capt. Chris
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

#130906 - 09/02/15 02:19 PM Re: Any "Preppers" Out There? Which Randall? [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
Michael_Mason Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Orlando, FL.
Originally Posted By: Captain Chris Stanaback
A folk, gettin' ready for "The Zombies"! Best, Capt. Chris

Ok Cap, now what's a "Zombie" grin shocked

#130907 - 09/02/15 02:38 PM Re: Any "Preppers" Out There? Which Randall? [Re: Michael_Mason]
maxpastor Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: South West
Got it now!!!

The 60's and early 70's are still a blur. but I do remember the band.

I haven't seen any Zombie movies so not so much with that kind of thing.

max
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

RKCC #502

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Mr_Mod