How to enter your photos on this forum.

Posted by: Rhett Stidham

How to enter your photos on this forum. - 12/26/05 10:50 AM

POSTING Photos

Below the posting box you will see “File Manager”. When making a post with a picture click on “File Manager”.

That will open a new box and at right you will see “Browse” Click on Browse and there you will see your system where you are to find your photo which you click on and then click on “Open”.

Write inside the box to name your photo if you wish then click on ”Add File”.

You may add up to 6 photos. When finished click on “Done Adding Files”. Then click on “Submit” or “Preview Post”

Best regards,
Posted by: doublethink98

Re: How to enter your photos on this forum. - 05/04/07 02:31 PM

Any thoughts on how to resize a jpeg file?
Posted by: Cabinet_Man

Re: How to enter your photos on this forum. - 05/04/07 03:21 PM

If you're using windows XP, microsoft actually has a great program they offer for download for free. It's called "Power Toys", and there are a few of them in the list on their site, but the one for resizing pics if very nice (and super easy to use too. You just open the pic you want and "right click" on the pic. In the window that opens, click "resize", it will open a small window with choices such as small, medium, large, and custom (custom will allow you to actually choose the number of pixels wide and tall). This will allow you to make the images small which also makes the file size smaller so they can be uploaded here at the forum.

If you want to enter one here, I can try to help you resize the photo. My desktop with XP is down at the moment, and I am using a laptop with windows' new operating system, "vista" on it... which I do not like by the way... it's uses lots of RAM just to run, let alone trying to do anything on it... but anyway, you can email the photo to me and I will resize it to a smaller size and see if I can get it under 100KB for this forum, and email it back to you if it will help you out, no problem, glad to help.
~dale
kaela_laula@earthlink.net or
sales@www.DorrisWoodCreations.com
Posted by: Topos

"how to resize a jpeg file?" - 10/25/07 09:28 AM

If you are lucky to use a Macintosh open image up in Photshop and under image size make it , say, 4" x 5". Then give this a name and send. Hope this helps.

Personally, I may even get up the 'courage' to {ugh} follow directions (guys do not like to read directions {grin}) and try posting my first picture. Gasp!

Great day to all my Randall bretheran.
Posted by: JRW

Re: How to enter your photos on this forum. - 07/24/10 04:17 PM

ANY CHANCE, that anyone who knows how could redo the posting chart now that the forum format has changed? I had just mastered the old one and now that it has changed I cann't post.

HELP--PLEASE!!!

John Westbrook
Posted by: JRW

Re: How to enter your photos on this forum. - 07/24/10 04:45 PM

Thanks to Capt Chris, I now know how to post.

Thanks again.

John Westbrook
Posted by: Captain Chris Stanaback

Re: How to enter your photos on this forum. - 07/24/10 04:58 PM

You're more than welcome. I told you it was easy! If anyone else viewing this has trouble, give me a call.
Best, Capt. Chris
Posted by: Rhett Stidham

Re: How to enter your photos on this forum. - 08/04/10 03:45 PM

POSTING Photos

Below the posting box you will see “File Manager”. When making a post with a picture click on “File Manager”.

That will open a new box and at right you will see “Browse” Click on Browse and there you will see your system where you are to find your photo which you click on and then click on “Open”.

Write inside the box to name your photo if you wish then click on ”Add File”.

You may add up to 6 photos. When finished click on “Done Adding Files”. Then click on “Submit” or “Preview Post”

Regards,

Rhett
Posted by: Buck Buchanan

Re: How to enter your photos on this forum. - 10/01/10 04:35 PM

If I do everything as written, will I be able to see the photo(s) included with
the post when I hit "Preview Post" button?

Some forums I have been on, show the photo(s)in the preview, and some forums show only the written entry but not the photos in the preview.

If photos are supposed to be viewed in the post preview, I'm doing something wrong. Followed Rhett's instructions including "Done Adding Files". File Manager shows number of files OK.

When I hit "Preview Post", only the message shows, not the photos. Help!

Re: How to enter your photos on this forum. - 10/01/10 06:34 PM

Buck,
I get the same deal. My photos appear after I hit submit.
Best, Capt. Chris
Posted by: Perry Miller

Re: How to enter your photos on this forum. - 10/02/10 12:56 AM

Originally Posted By: Captain Chris Stanaback
Buck,
I get the same deal. My photos appear after I hit submit.
Best, Capt. Chris

And they are great photos as well. However, you should size them to fit the page, you old fart!
Posted by: Buck Buchanan

Re: How to enter your photos on this forum. - 10/02/10 08:53 AM

Now Perry,

You remember what the pretty lady says on late night TV..........

Size DOES matter, Boys. blush whistle

Re: How to enter your photos on this forum. - 10/02/10 06:51 PM

Buck,
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. "All" of my photos are re-sized to "under" 110kb. They still do not appear in the "preview" but do appear in the post. Perry is just a little of his medication...and, after all, there's no pictures to follow this conversation with, hence his confusion.
Best, Capt. Chris
Posted by: pigman08

Re: How to enter your photos on this forum. - 10/03/10 07:39 AM

Capt,

I'm having a similar problem except that my photos don't appear in the post... Only the link to the attachment... I'll try one on this post to see if it works any different than my most recent attempt.

ETA... Nope... Perhaps too large to fit the page as Perry was suggesting earlier?

Posted by: Rick Magee

Re: How to enter your photos on this forum. - 10/03/10 02:44 PM

Definitely too large. Mine were doing the same thing until I followed the Captain's advice and resized my photos.
Posted by: Rick Magee

Re: How to enter your photos on this forum. - 10/03/10 02:50 PM

Here's your photo that has been resized with no other changes.
Posted by: pigman08

Re: How to enter your photos on this forum. - 10/03/10 03:41 PM

Thanks Rick... 640 x 372 gives me a good base for resizing all others from now on.

Thanks again
Posted by: WildBill

Re: How to enter your photos on this forum. - 12/22/10 05:23 PM

Guys, I hate asking stupid questions but I am hung up and can't find the answer in the forums. I was posting a pic to this group but the picture was only an attachment in my post. I followed the suggestions in the posting and still could not get anything but a link - there actual pic was not in the view on my post. The file size was less than 170KB and the max allowed is 250KB, so I "think" I am good there. Another member was able to fix my post, so I know it's cockpit error on my part - what gives? Appreciate your help. Bill
Posted by: Peter_Kaufman

Re: How to enter your photos on this forum. - 12/22/10 06:32 PM

Bill
I believe they have to be smaller than 100K, that is what I always do and it seems to work for me

Peter

Re: How to enter your photos on this forum. - 12/22/10 08:20 PM

Ok - I am down to 128KB and the resolution stinks. I think I need to try some different conversion software. Thanks for the tip. Bill

Re: How to enter your photos on this forum. - 12/23/10 03:03 AM

Bill:
I don't know what photo editing software you have, but when you resize you are better off to start by compressing first. The resolution doesn't take such a hit. You can then resize to 99.8kb. Good luck.
Best, Capt. Chris

Re: How to enter your photos on this forum. - 12/23/10 06:11 AM

Thx, Capt.

I run Vista and use Irfanview to view and resize photos - but this is not working well at all here. By the time I get down to 100KB the resolution is shot all to ... you know.

If some running Vista can recommend some software for this purpose, I would really appreciate it.

Thx, Bill
Posted by: Peter_Kaufman

Re: How to enter your photos on this forum. - 12/23/10 06:31 AM

Bill
I use Irfanview also, but with XP
I go into image, resize and resample and pick one of the two smaller sizes, but try to keep the quality up and then save with good quality
Try that

Peter
Posted by: Sidney_Redford

Re: How to enter your photos on this forum. - 12/23/10 06:29 PM

Bill I am not to good at this but I use Vista as that was what came on the computer. I use Microsoft Office Picture Manager. I compress first then re size to small web page size. My pictures are still not big enough but I just recently learned how to get one on there at all so am still trying different things.

Re: How to enter your photos on this forum. - 12/23/10 08:09 PM

Thanks Guys, I finally got it figured out and Irfanview is up and running like a charm... The problem was there were some extra blocks checked in the save menu making my pics go tango uniform when I resized them. I have no idea what those features are for, but unchecking them fixed the problem and my life is good again (don't ask how many hours I spent trying to figure it out though!!)
Posted by: Chief

Re: How to enter your photos on this forum. - 03/07/15 08:08 PM

Ok the last post on how to do this was 2010 eek
Posted by: rfcarlin

Re: How to enter your photos on this forum. - 07/19/16 03:25 PM

Are the photo posting instructions still current? I'd like to try and post some pics, but I don't see a "File Manager" button, tab or box below the posting box. If there are new or updated instructions, please direct me to where they are posted. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Posted by: RamKingJC

Re: How to enter your photos on this forum. - 07/19/16 03:47 PM

You have to hit the switch to full screen reply link. Then you should see the file manager in blue.
Posted by: thevalueman

Re: How to enter your photos on this forum. - 07/19/16 04:17 PM

it's right there....just below the text box...you can't miss it...
well, I've plenty of things in my life, so maybe I shouldn't say that....
:-)Rocky

Re: How to enter your photos on this forum. - 07/19/16 04:29 PM

Originally Posted By: thevalueman
it's right there....just below the text box...you can't miss it...
well, I've plenty of things in my life, so maybe I shouldn't say that....
:-)Rocky

Such as right now... LOL grin
Posted by: rfcarlin

Re: How to enter your photos on this forum. - 07/19/16 04:52 PM

Thanks all. I hadn't clicked on the switch to full reply screen before. I just did and saw the file manager 'button' (as well as a bunch of other options). I will try for a pic upload later tonight.

Re: How to enter your photos on this forum. - 07/19/16 05:54 PM

Sweeeeet

Re: How to enter your photos on this forum. - 07/28/16 05:24 PM

Redneck photo tutorial:
Take a picture:
Example below:

Re: How to enter your photos on this forum. - 07/28/16 05:28 PM

...Crop the Redneck photo to get your ugly 'Ol hand outta' the photo..
Example below:

Re: How to enter your photos on this forum. - 07/28/16 05:33 PM

Next step: Rename the photo so you can find it! (Notice the cursor on "rename"? (Smart-huh?)

Re: How to enter your photos on this forum. - 07/28/16 05:39 PM

Step #4: This is where it gets a little tricky! Get ready to "post" your photo on the forum. See the cursor below? It's set on "File Manager"...

Re: How to enter your photos on this forum. - 07/28/16 05:45 PM

Step #5: After you click on "File Manager"...you have to select and find your photo in your documents or picture library or wherever you have stored it...In order to do that you need to click on: "CHOOSE FILE"...

Re: How to enter your photos on this forum. - 07/28/16 05:54 PM

Step #6: Find the photo you want to post. The 1st photo shows the one I'm gonna' post...The 2nd photo shows my cursor on the actual image, showing me that I am well under the 300kb...so there won't be any problems with loading it unto the forums...

Re: How to enter your photos on this forum. - 07/28/16 06:14 PM

Step #7:
Click "open" and your photo will appear...out of it's given storage area (In the case of my computer...off to the right-hand side...

Re: How to enter your photos on this forum. - 07/28/16 06:19 PM

Step #8: After you click "open"...Click "add" . You're almost done!!!

Re: How to enter your photos on this forum. - 07/28/16 06:22 PM

Step #9: Click "Done Adding Files"...

Re: How to enter your photos on this forum. - 07/28/16 06:29 PM

Last step: Just click "Submit"...and you're done!

Re: How to enter your photos on this forum. - 07/28/16 06:30 PM

The end result, depending on your subject, lighting, etc., etc...will be on for all of us to see.
Stay sharp, Capt. Chris

Re: How to enter your photos on this forum. - 07/28/16 06:34 PM

OK Everybody,
I apologize for deleting your questions and comments...and, in fact, want you to post any and all. I just wanted the "Redneck Tutorial" to run un-interupted for those who might find it useful. Of course: This is using my equipment and computer, server and host, etc...Your results may very...
Best, Capt. Chris

Re: How to enter your photos on this forum. - 07/28/16 07:57 PM

Excellent job Capt.! Thank you
Posted by: Ronnie

Re: How to enter your photos on this forum. - 07/28/16 08:24 PM

Chris I have been unable to post photos for sometime now. One day several months back while posting on a thread I posted several pictures. I went to post another and it would not post. Since that time I have been unable to post a photo.
In your post above where you show the submit button with an arrow on it I notice just above that it says html is enabled. On my iPad mine shows html is disabled. If that is what's preventing me from posting pictures can you tell me how to get my iPad to show html is enabled. I asked two people for help and they say that it is a problem with the forum.? I have no idea what they are talking about. I just want to be able to post photos again.
Sorry I'm just not very uh computerized.

Re: How to enter your photos on this forum. - 07/29/16 09:13 AM

Ronnie,
I cannot address that issue, sorry. All of the photos in my "Redneck Tutorial", except the very last one, were taken with my Iphone "S", emailed to myself. opened up, edited, re-named and sent to my documents on my "Super Computer" (Tower-type) where I posted them to the forum. I have had very little luck using an Ipad (Yes: I have one also) for much of anything when it comes to photo editing or posting.
Sorry, Capt. Chris
PS: Maybe some of the computer geeks can help you. My tutorial was, after all, a "Redneck Tutorial"...CCS
Posted by: Ronnie

Re: How to enter your photos on this forum. - 07/29/16 05:24 PM

Thank you anyway.
Posted by: Boomer51

Re: How to enter your photos on this forum. - 11/08/16 06:45 PM

New guy alert - just trying to get the pics figured out. Mods feel free to delete.
Thanks, D.
Posted by: tunefink

Re: How to enter your photos on this forum. - 11/08/16 06:58 PM

Welcome Boomer. Great first post! Now show the rest!
Posted by: Chief

Re: How to enter your photos on this forum. - 11/08/16 07:18 PM

Welcome aboard!

Re: How to enter your photos on this forum. - 11/08/16 07:25 PM

Thanks, I'm a long time lurker of the forums - finally stepping into the light. It's an early 60's 5-8.I'll post the others in the appropriate threads, just wanted to do a test fire first.
Posted by: CrazyCajun

Re: How to enter your photos on this forum. - 11/08/16 07:48 PM

Dang Boomer... How'd ya catch on so fast??? Welcome aboard!

Re: How to enter your photos on this forum. - 11/08/16 09:27 PM

Hey Boomer,
Did you contact me about registering? Either way: WELCOME ABOARD!
Best, Capt. Chris

Re: How to enter your photos on this forum. - 11/08/16 09:33 PM

PM sent Capt.
Thanks