Just wondering...serrations

Posted by: Yonder

Just wondering...serrations - 01/13/19 07:32 PM

No, not advocating, I’d just like to see it like I enjoy a wreck in auto racing as long as no ones hurt. Anyone know any cases where an RMK was sent off and serrated? And the story of why would be interesting too.
Posted by: W Polidori

Re: Just wondering...serrations - 01/14/19 09:50 PM

I've been to the museum; nothing as you say on a Randall. Other makers there possibly. If serrated blades existed it would have been well documented. There's always a one-off but....

Re: Just wondering...serrations - 01/14/19 10:01 PM

Oh Rod, just noticed you are Orlando based. Well then, just go ask Michael Randall at the museum. He'll be happy to help you.

Re: Just wondering...serrations - 01/16/19 04:40 PM

I’ve got the answer, stay tuned.

Re: Just wondering...serrations - 01/16/19 05:34 PM

Voila!

Re: Just wondering...serrations - 01/16/19 06:59 PM

Don't be disappointed but those steak knives were sold at the shop but made by Victorinox. Only thing Randall was the name acid etched on the blade.
If not mistaken they were offered in the catalog as well.
Posted by: Sidney_Redford

Re: Just wondering...serrations - 01/16/19 07:25 PM

I have a set of 6 of the steak knives. Black handles, new never used given to me by Janie at Christmas one year. Kate and I use to spend Thanksgiving and Christmas with Rhett & Janie for several years. Some very special guest included Bob Dozier, Tony Bose and more but, I can't recall their names right now. Those were some great times for a pretty new Randall buyer. If this is in the wrong place I am sorry.

Re: Just wondering...serrations - 01/16/19 07:31 PM

Perfect place Sidney, thanks for sharing memories of folks who made much of what we enjoy possible.

Re: Just wondering...serrations - 01/16/19 07:33 PM

I was at the shop today. Scott and Michael helped me with the answer. In stock too! Yes I remember seeing them in past catalogs too.

Re: Just wondering...serrations - 01/16/19 07:35 PM

Soooooo, take any home with you? Don't recall if they still offer for sale?

Re: Just wondering...serrations - 01/16/19 07:37 PM

Picked up a replacement sheath for a Model 2.

Re: Just wondering...serrations - 01/16/19 07:41 PM

Still worth the trip from anywhere! grin
Posted by: coachblalock

Re: Just wondering...serrations - 01/17/19 01:06 PM

Amen to that!