Bose Charity Raffle

Posted by: Whiteman

Bose Charity Raffle - 12/11/08 07:52 PM

Every year my wife and I try and help out a family in our local community either through our church or on our own. This year is a particularly bad year for the Northern Indiana area because of the impact of economy on the RV and Mobile Home Industry. Already this year over 3000 jobs have been lost in our small town alone. My goal is to try and raise enough money to help 5 families instead of just one. I am going to offer this R. Bose 3" Shadow pattern with D2 up for raffle. There will only be 10 people in the drawing, so your chances are good. Once I have received 10 emails I will place the names in a hat and have my daughter draw the name out. Tickets are $100 ea. and %100 will go towards helping out some great families.

Thanks in advance and have a Merry Christmas..

Randy

Posted by: vklough46

Re: Bose Charity Raffle - 12/11/08 07:54 PM

Great cause Randy.
Please count me in.

Kevin
Posted by: Chief

Re: Bose Charity Raffle - 12/11/08 07:58 PM

I'm in, Randy. As Kevin said, this is a great cause. Count me in too.

See Ya,
Chief
Posted by: Warren_Polidori

Re: Bose Charity Raffle - 12/11/08 07:58 PM

Randy,

What a wonderful expression of compassion for your fellow neighbor. I would very much like to help your cause and will support your raffle. Thank you for allowing us to help people that are in difficult times during the holiday season.

Very Best,
Warren
Posted by: VCM

Re: Bose Charity Raffle - 12/11/08 08:02 PM

Quote:

Randy,

What a wonderful expression of compassion for your fellow neighbor. I would very much like to help your cause and will support your raffle. Thank you for allowing us to help people that are in difficult times during the holiday season.

Very Best,
Warren

Randy,Warren said it good,plese count me in,too,Thanks,too,
-Vince

Re: Bose Charity Raffle - 12/11/08 08:03 PM

Randy,

I spoke with Kent Warnberg and he would like to join up too.

Kevin
Posted by: fewpop

Re: Bose Charity Raffle - 12/11/08 08:06 PM

Great thing to do Randy! Count me in please.
-Ford
Posted by: GRS

Re: Bose Charity Raffle - 12/11/08 08:09 PM

I'm in

Re: Bose Charity Raffle - 12/11/08 08:14 PM

7 down and 3 to go!! What a great bunch of guys!!
Posted by: HENTHORNJR

Re: Bose Charity Raffle - 12/11/08 08:30 PM

Sign me up.

Thanks, Rick

Re: Bose Charity Raffle - 12/11/08 08:31 PM

Rick makes 8 and George aka: "Duckman" OOOPS..GRS and DUCKMAN are the same guy..Sorry..Back to 8
Randy

Re: Bose Charity Raffle - 12/11/08 08:47 PM

I talked to Jim Parker & he's in as well!!!

See Ya, Chief

Re: Bose Charity Raffle - 12/11/08 08:48 PM

5 from the Randall site 1 more & we get to feed ya'll crow on your own site

See ya, Chief

Re: Bose Charity Raffle - 12/11/08 08:49 PM

Jim Parker makes 9! One to go!! Alise cant wait to draw the name.. I will have the drawing on youtube so you can watch the results..

Randy
Posted by: tristan7

Re: Bose Charity Raffle - 12/11/08 09:16 PM

I will take the last one.Glad to help out.

Re: Bose Charity Raffle - 12/11/08 09:17 PM

We are done..

Thanks again for the responses..
I will have Alise draw a name as soon as she is out of the tub and I get her hair dried.. Wife had surgery yesterday and I have bath duty YIKES!! Thanks for your patience.

Randy

Re: Bose Charity Raffle - 12/11/08 09:54 PM

Fewpop is the lucky winner!! Congrats man..I will be emailing you to get your mailing information. Thanks again to all who participated. This will allow my wife and I to help out a little more this year.

Re: Bose Charity Raffle - 12/11/08 09:56 PM

Please send your contributions to:

Randall Whiteman
403 W. Waterford St.
Wakarusa, Indiana

Re: Bose Charity Raffle - 12/11/08 09:59 PM

Congratulations Fewpop!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Randy for having such a meaningful and worthwhile project. You have done well.

Kevin

Re: Bose Charity Raffle - 12/11/08 10:04 PM

Quote:

Congratulations Fewpop!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Randy for having such a meaningful and worthwhile project. You have done well.

Kevin

Big thanks to you Kevin!! You did a lot to make this work..

Randy..
Posted by: VCM

Re: Bose Charity Raffle - 12/11/08 10:25 PM

Awesome Randy! Ford U lucky guy! Congrats!!
Randy,this was such a great thing you did for a good cause,very exciting.Glad to help out & partake,too
Safe & Happy Holidays Everyone,
-Vince
Posted by: GRS

Re: Bose Charity Raffle - 12/11/08 10:33 PM

Congrats Fewpop. Randy,nice thing to do this time of year.

Re: Bose Charity Raffle - 12/11/08 11:15 PM

Fewpop,

Congrats on a nice RB and helping out those less fortunate.

Randy,

Payment will be mailed in the AM. Thanks for doing the auction. We all won tonight believing we helped those in need. You and your family will be remembered in many prayers this season.

Merry Christmas,
Warren

Re: Bose Charity Raffle - 12/11/08 11:22 PM

Well! Just tickle me runnin'! The last thing I won was a free pizza where I work about 8 years ago; and prior to that I won a plastic model of the Atlas(I think)rocket that sent the astronauts to the moon from a picture show drawing in the 1960's.

In honor of the bladebrother spirit of giving, and in order to stoke the holiday fire, I am going to donate this Bose trapper back to Randy's good cause, and ask him to raffle it again, please.

Thanks for the good thoughts from all of you here, and top o' the season to you all! Keep the spirit alive.

-Ford

Re: Bose Charity Raffle - 12/11/08 11:47 PM

Ford,

I for one am proud of you. I would hope most would do the same thing but I'm glad you took the lead role. God bless you and thanks for stepping up to a worthy cause.

Very best,
Warren

Re: Bose Charity Raffle - 12/12/08 05:55 AM

What a generous gesture Ford.
You are a true gentleman.
God Bless you.

Kevin

Re: Bose Charity Raffle - 12/12/08 06:37 AM

Quote:

Well! Just tickle me runnin'! The last thing I won was a free pizza where I work about 8 years ago; and prior to that I won a plastic model of the Atlas(I think)rocket that sent the astronauts to the moon from a picture show drawing in the 1960's.

In honor of the bladebrother spirit of giving, and in order to stoke the holiday fire, I am going to donate this Bose trapper back to Randy's good cause, and ask him to raffle it again, please.

Thanks for the good thoughts from all of you here, and top o' the season to you all! Keep the spirit alive.

-Ford

WOW Ford I would normally say how surprised I am by such of generous offer..but..in this case, coming from a "Knife Guy", this does not surprise me a bit. I had a bit of a rough growing up as a kid, not unlike a lot of kids from a poor southern Indiana town, and it made me a bit callused. I can count on a couple of fingers the number of times I have cried since I was a kid. Once each, when both my girls were born, when my favorite dog died and now today..

You all are truly a bunch of wonderful guys and fill my heart with hope..

Ok..I will do this again, starting Saturday morning. Thanks again guys!!

Love You All,

Randy
Posted by: Kent_Warnberg

Re: Bose Charity Raffle - 12/12/08 09:36 AM

Ford,

Congrats! On winning the knife, and then "Doing it all over again"!

Randy, the money for this one will be sent this morning!

Kent

Re: Bose Charity Raffle - 12/12/08 10:01 AM

Randy,
Your kind words are as generous as your raffle here. I feel lucky to be a small part of your humanitarian project, and fortunate to share in the spirit shown by all the other folks who also posted for the Bose.

Re: Bose Charity Raffle - 12/12/08 11:59 AM

Ford.......You are the MAN!!! Lucky & Kind!!!

See ya, Chief
Posted by: JM1

Re: Bose Charity Raffle - 12/12/08 01:51 PM

Hey, not fair...!!! This was faster than mice mating. Anyhow, congratulations to all involved. This thread has made my day. And has taught me not to stay away from the forum for too long.

Re: Bose Charity Raffle - 12/13/08 07:07 AM

With permission from Ford and a generous offer from one a "Knife Bro", the knife has been sold. Thanks again for everyone's generous offers. You guys are THE BEST

Also thanks to Rhett for allowing me to use his site.

Re: Bose Charity Raffle - 12/13/08 07:51 AM

You are to be commended Ford.

Randy,

You have done a wonderful Christmas deed.

Kevin
Posted by: John_Nugent

Re: Bose Charity Raffle - 12/13/08 12:11 PM

Well done Randy & Ford

Re: Bose Charity Raffle - 12/18/08 09:26 PM

Just to give you guys an update. 3 Families have received their money with two more to be helped by the weekend. You have my word that your money went to some great people. I cant thank you guys enough for helping out.

Have a Safe and Happy Holiday!!

Randy, Andrea, Alise and Claire Whiteman

Re: Bose Charity Raffle - 12/18/08 09:54 PM

Randy,

Thanks for the update. Nice photo of the family. Enjoy the holidays, you most certainly deserve it!

Best,
Warren

Re: Bose Charity Raffle - 12/18/08 09:58 PM

Quote:

Randy,

Thanks for the update. Nice photo of the family. Enjoy the holidays, you most certainly deserve it!

Best,
Warren

To quote my hero Dave Ramsey... "I'm doing better than I deserve "