Pocket?...or Not? ...

Posted by: Captain Chris Stanaback

Pocket?...or Not? ... - 03/07/14 09:37 PM

So: I was wondering what "type"...and what "size" folding knife many of you prefer. I am sure if ya'll are anything like me your taste varies and the "short" list of your favorites could be quite long. I'll take a few pics this weekend of some of my favorites (and "why") but I'd (and I'm sure many of us) like to hear about "your" favorites.
Do you have a "true pocket knife" that you carry? Are you more prone to a larger folder in a sheath on your belt? How about autos? Lockback or slip joint? Old school or newer designs?
Let me hear from you. As always, if possible, photos speak volumes and give everyone a better idea of what you are favoring...and "why". Hope this little idea turns into something.
Stay sharp, Capt. Chris
Start things off: Here's one of my favorites and a EDC for years. As I realized how scarce these were to find, I semi-retired it.
Gerber "Folding Sportsman II" in the Gerber leather belt sheath..."BUT"...(You know me. There's always a but)...this one is made is Solingen, Germany!
Posted by: Robert Frey

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 03/07/14 11:55 PM

I carry an Emerson CQC7.

This is the only picture I have of it for now.

Posted by: TAH

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 03/08/14 08:33 AM

I carry my Buck 112 in its sheath. For me, it's just too much knife for my pocket.

Posted by: Oldvetnam1

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 03/08/14 01:42 PM

Any one or all of these might be with me on a particular day. Possibly a Spyderco or 2 occasionally.
Posted by: rodbrown

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 03/09/14 05:31 PM

I carry a SAK, similar to Steve's and have for 30+ years. As well I carry one of the Bret Dowell's I own.

If I going to be outside working, I usually have a Schrade LB7. Tough as they come.
Posted by: Robert Frey

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 03/09/14 07:06 PM

I forgot about this one that is attached to my keys in pocket:

Posted by: Byrdguy

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 03/09/14 08:31 PM

If I have my pants on, this small Sebenza is in my pocket. it has been my only EDC knife for six or seven years now. Broke about 1/8" or so off the tip several yeas ago and I reshaped it and sharpened it back, but it didn't look just right. I finally sent it back to CRK last year for a new blade and a refresh. The pocket clip is polished (instead of blasted) because it got scratched up when I went down on a bike and it was in my pocket. Worked the scratches down and polished it. I, personally, think the Sebenzas are the finest folders made anywhere. (not trying to open a can of worms, but just my opinion) The decorated parts used to be adorned with blue and gold, but it wore off years ago.

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 03/09/14 09:02 PM

Pat,
I was waiting for you to go first on the Sebenzas as I know how much you like them. I've got a matching pair but they ride in custom Kenny Rowe belt sheaths. I'm not a "clip" guy. The clip, while functional, never feels right in my hand when I'm actually "using" the knife..."Never"...but great folders...no doubt. Mine have the clips removed and the plugs installed. (Apparently, I'm not the only "non clip guy").
Best, Capt. Chris
PS: Mine are a limted (one off) set with black cabochons.
I showed them, along with a Randall "Small Gambler" for size comparisons. The exotic skin, used in the insert of Kenny's sheaths was ostrich knee I provided...CCS

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 03/09/14 09:59 PM

Drooling here, Cap!! Beautiful pair and I love the sheaths. I guess I'll have to dig out my safe queens.
As for the clip, I never even notice it's there while I'm cutting something, but the "plugs do make for a nice clean look. (especially with those fine sheaths!)
Posted by: Michael_Mason

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 03/10/14 09:23 AM

It's not pretty, it's cheap, it's easy to sharpen, and it has NO pocket clip. In your pocket, you don't know it's there. I've carried this particular knife for 23 years. My EDC.

Posted by: tunefink

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 03/10/14 08:59 PM

I am single man and live alone which allows me to live in a man cave. I have a flat top tool box near the front door which is where I empty my pockets when I walk in…. it collects all sorts of crap.

I keep an assortment of EDC's in the top drawer…. some with clips, some not.

My favorite front pocket knife is really a razor. I found these things on County Comm, then tracked down the maker Derma Safe and bought a box of 100.

I snapped a couple of iPhone pics.

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 03/10/14 10:31 PM

Dang, Tune. I'd cut my finger off with one of those. I don't keep my EDC very sharp because I tend to get in a hurry and get careless at times. I have my knife in and out of my pocket about 50 times a day at work.

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 03/10/14 11:19 PM

They are sharp for sure…..! But they hold up pretty good and you don't mind losing one, or giving them away.
Posted by: Buck Buchanan

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 03/12/14 12:03 AM

Believe I see a Al Mar Eagle there, Mitchell. I have to take a picture of my Eagle I wear everyday. I had a Falcon w/stag that I wore everyday, but the lock wore out using it.

Always liked Al Mar. I still miss him.

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 03/12/14 07:48 AM

That's a great knife Buck….I have abused it more than it deserves!
Posted by: TonyLaPetri

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 03/12/14 09:03 AM

Some of my EDCs.
The German Barman's Knife at the bottom has been seeing a lot of time in my back pocket.
Posted by: Litch

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 03/12/14 09:25 AM

Nice knives, Tony! What is more useful on the barman's knife: the cork screw or the screw driver ?? smile

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 03/12/14 09:27 AM

THE CORK SCREW ... of course. smile

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 03/13/14 07:39 AM

Originally Posted By: TonyLaPetri
THE CORK SCREW ... of course. smile
Very good, I thought so wink

Mitchell, I really like the content of your drawer - especially the one with the dagger logo laugh I'm afraid it would get me into a lot of trouble here in Germany, though frown

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 03/13/14 07:58 AM

Living in the city my fixed blades don't get too much use during the week.
But a pocket knife is "always" with me - like Pat said: "If I have my pants on" smile
I have quite a few to choose from and it depends on the occasion, of course, but I love them all blush
Large or small, old or new, plain Jane or custom...

This one is in my pocket today:

1983 Puma Jagdtaschenmesser 941 - rather large at 4-3/8"

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 03/13/14 08:16 AM

Originally Posted By: Litch
1983 Puma Jagdtaschenmesser 941 - rather large at 4-3/8"

Probably the original serrated edge !!!
Love those older Puma's, they always had awesome stag on their handles.
Posted by: Steven

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 03/13/14 08:55 AM

I like your Puma. I also carry a flashlight at all times. Actually use it very little but worth the extra weight when it is needed.
Posted by: Abby

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 03/13/14 08:56 PM

I have carried Case, Buck, Bower, you get the picture. Here are some shots of my every day carry's.

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 03/14/14 04:42 AM

You have a very nice collection, Morris! That's a lot of choices and some of them seem to have spent a lot of time in your pocket smile

Here is mine for today - from last year so it's still rather new:

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 03/14/14 07:57 AM

Ahhh, The Sebenza. Nice Insingo.

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 03/15/14 06:43 AM

Originally Posted By: Byrdguy
Ahhh, The Sebenza. Nice Insingo.

Thanks, Pat. My Sebbies are tough knives but sometimes I prefer something with a little "warmer" feel like this 2009 Bose/Case collaboration today:

Posted by: Llasi

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 03/15/14 07:57 AM

Habitual in my pocket.

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 03/15/14 09:41 AM

Yeah, the Seb has no warmth, but they are the do it all tool knife. I like it because it's a one handed knife. I can hold something in my left hand and retrieve the knife from my pocket, open it, cut (mostly boxes and cardboard, in my case), close the blade and slide it back in my pocket one handed. I probably do it 50 times a day at work.

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 03/15/14 09:46 AM

Liasi
I like your Case. I have both large and small Sebenza's but find my self carrying lots of Case pocket knives lately. Have some really nice stag and some sharp carbon blades. I can use em all day and thro it across a stone and razor sharp agin. Of course I still have my 21 or Berhing caper on my belt as well as pocket knives.

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 03/16/14 06:53 AM

A custom for sunday: Bret Dowell "Hogneck Trapper"

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pic

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 03/16/14 07:40 AM

Peter

I really liked your Bose/Case with the wharncliffe Blade. But when you posted the Dowell, that really got my intention. Bret makes a really great knife, IMO.

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 03/16/14 11:30 AM

Thanks, Rod. Bret makes an outstanding knife, no doubt. This one is an absolute favorite of mine smile

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 03/16/14 12:01 PM

Originally Posted By: rodbrown
Peter

I really liked your Bose/Case with the wharncliffe Blade. But when you posted the Dowell, that really got my intention. Bret makes a really great knife, IMO.

Any relation to Ted Dowell do you know, Rod.
I believe you introduced me to Brett a couple of years ago at Blade.

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 03/16/14 12:37 PM

Sorry Michael I do not know. He lives in Oklahoma and his family is close by. But that is all I know. Next time I talk to him I will ask.
Posted by: Llasi

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 03/16/14 02:14 PM

Originally Posted By: Steven
Liasi
I like your Case. I have both large and small Sebenza's but find my self carrying lots of Case pocket knives lately. Have some really nice stag and some sharp carbon blades. I can use em all day and thro it across a stone and razor sharp agin. Of course I still have my 21 or Berhing caper on my belt as well as pocket knives.

+1.
They are different. Each has its charm.

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 03/17/14 04:16 AM

This one is a "no brainer" for an EDC - suits my needs today laugh

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 03/18/14 06:31 AM

Ken Erickson 3.5 Shadow Trapper - the colors of spring smile

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 03/18/14 07:44 AM

Very nice, Peter. it reminds me of a couple of early Cases I had when I was a teenager. Sodbusters, I think they were. Wish I still had them now. Beautiful work on that Ken Erickson.

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 03/20/14 08:51 AM

Thanks, Pat. Today (and yesterday) a Todd Davison 3-5/8 nat. micarta swayback

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 03/21/14 06:40 AM

Chris Reeve Umfaan - this "little boy" is a perfect companion for a day in the office smile

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 03/21/14 08:54 PM

Dang, Peter, now you're hitting me where it really hurts!! They are rare as frog hair and have been out of production for years.
They bring good $$$ if you can find one for sale. Man, you're killing me!!!

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 03/22/14 05:16 AM

Yes Pat, they are quite rare and even more difficult to acquire here in Europe... I am happy to have it and I actually carry this one quite often - it's a tough little folder smile
At 3-7/8 this one is a little larger today:

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 03/22/14 08:53 AM

Those Davisons are really nice. I like the scales. Are they brown canvas micarta?

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 03/22/14 03:25 PM

Yes, Pat, they both are brown canvas micarta - it looks the same to my eyes although the knives were built at least one year apart.
Posted by: Guido_Bitossi

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 03/22/14 05:41 PM

PETER....got my first Todd Davison pocket Knife...hope to hold it...soon!
Thanks for...inspiration wink

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 03/22/14 06:32 PM

Ciao Guido, hope you'll like it - in fact, I'm pretty sure!
Show us some pics when you have it smile

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 03/23/14 02:19 PM

Here is my outfit for this sunday: A is rather small (Closed: 2 3/4") 1971 Case M3102 (3 blade Lobster Pen Knife), so a backed it up with a Puma Game Warden laugh

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 03/24/14 04:29 AM

I love pocket knives - I could go on forever laugh

Ken Coats 4-3/8 Red Micarta Shadow Toothpick today

It's not a small knife but it carries very easily in my pocket because of the shadow construction without bolsters.

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 03/24/14 11:51 AM

Coats looks sweet, I love toothpicks for pocket carry. That one is sweet.

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 03/24/14 11:52 AM

Thx, Steven. I wonder if it's the same type of red micarta I have seen on model 10s - I wish I had one to compare wink

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 03/24/14 12:32 PM

Peter,
Send me an email. I may be able to help you out.
Thanks, Capt. Chris

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 03/24/14 05:28 PM

O.k talking about pocket knives, I'm looking for a small toothpick automatic. Anybody seen any for sale or know who makes them currently? One more knife I need to have. Ha

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 03/24/14 08:40 PM

Steven,

I'm not to much into auto's, but have looked some on this site. They seem to have quite a few listed:
http://www.bladehq.com/cat--Side-Opening-Automatics--40

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 03/25/14 12:59 PM

Lots of cool automatics but not what I'm looking for, something like a small case toothpick, actually thats what I'd like is someone to make one out of a nice stag carbon case.

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 03/26/14 06:03 AM

Steven - what about this one: Hubertus Liliput - the ones on top. A very traditional "German Springmesser" wink

About 3-1/4" closed, blade 2-3/8", very close to a peanut laugh

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 03/26/14 06:07 AM

Here is mine today: Case Copperhead 6249, also very traditional wink
Did I mention that I love carbon blades??

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 03/26/14 10:46 AM

Peter
I have a small collection of Hubertus autos. Looking for something really thin and thin narrow blade. Some of the last century fillet knives that were made would work perfect. I have a few of them as well but all pretty loose in the lock up. Good ones cost to much to use. Nice Case, I love carbon steel as well.

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 03/27/14 11:44 AM

Originally Posted By: Steven
Lots of cool automatics but not what I'm looking for, something like a small case toothpick, actually thats what I'd like is someone to make one out of a nice stag carbon case.

Hi Steven,
I should have some contact info for you the first of next week. Spoke with a gentleman this morning, said he had a Case Copperlock model in auto, would forward to me the man's name & number that did the conversion once when he got back home. I'll PM the info to you when I receive it.

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 03/27/14 12:47 PM

Michael
That is great thank you.

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 03/28/14 05:26 PM

PM sent !!

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 03/28/14 06:07 PM

Some great stuff here!

Here's what I just got in the mail today.
Schrade Trapper. Ellenville NY USA. Rosewood scales. Nickel silver bolsters.
It's mint. Never used. Super sharp. I know the USA made ones are getting rare, Maybe,
but I really feel I need to put this in my pocket.
... So I WILL!
... Unless you tell me I shouldn't. grin

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 03/28/14 08:48 PM

Use it Tony. Rare, in the case of Schrade means down to the last million! Good all-purpose folder.
Best, Capt. Chris

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 03/29/14 03:10 AM

Tony

In my opinion, use it, that is what it is was made for. By using it, you will give the knife character.
Posted by: MYB

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 03/29/14 04:43 AM

If I did choose to pull them out of the safe and carry it would be one of these...

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 03/29/14 08:34 AM

YEP!
Going in my pocket today, for sure!

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 03/29/14 11:17 AM

Originally Posted By: rodbrown
Tony
In my opinion, use it, that is what it is was made for. By using it, you will give the knife character.

A very nice trapper, Tony. Of course, I'm with Rod smile

I made apple pancakes with mine for the kids today. This is a great slicer and mine has accumulated a lot of "character" by now laugh

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 03/29/14 12:10 PM

Peter

Great looking knife, being used as I think it should be.

My SAK get used for everything imaginable. Even my wife asks for it when she has need for it. I had a difficult time using a few of my knives, but once I got over those ideas, I am happy with my decision.

I use my Dowell folder a lot and I carry my RMK Model 21 most days I am out of the house.

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 03/31/14 06:51 AM

Rod,
it is my experience that using the knives adds to their attraction. Most of the ones I don't carry get traded sooner or later but I'll stick to those that have been in my pocket. Around the house or on a journey far away. smile

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 03/31/14 11:54 AM

Peter

I understand what you say. My problem is I am a hoarder. I do have a few, that I carry. I think I have only sold 4 RMK, in my life, and I don't think I have ever sold a folder.

So I tend to keep many in reserve, at least that is what I tell my wife!!

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 03/31/14 05:13 PM

I know, Rod, I have the same problem... But I try to carry as many as possible and there are still more than enough left as "reserve" laugh
Well, this is not a museum so the knives are here just for fun - my fun!

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 04/01/14 02:57 AM

Peter,
Justa landed in…my pocket..!
T.A. Davison

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 04/01/14 03:15 AM

Guido

Superb looking. Todd makes a great knife. I have an early Davison, which is very nice.

Mine did not come with a walnut!!

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 04/01/14 03:49 AM

Brilliant, Guido!! I really like that worm groove bone - outstanding knife! smile
Compared to the walnut it looks like 3-5/8" maybe. What is the closed length?

BTW: The walnut seems to be a special Tuscany breed... triform??

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 04/01/14 04:25 AM

After seeing this beauty I had to change my EDC right away: The Sebbie gets a break and in my pocket goes TAD 683 laugh What number is yours, Guido?

Sorry for the "spontaneous" (or blurry blush) iPhone pics

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 04/01/14 06:30 AM

Peter
Not meaning to hijack this thread, but I could never find the serial number on my Davison. I have looked with a loup, but to no avail.
Can you tell me where your S/N is on the knife?

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 04/01/14 06:46 AM

Rod, the thread is all about pocket knives smile
This one has a three digit number stamped inside the pile side liner. Right in the middle , rather large, but not very deep so it's hard to detect.
Thanks to your question I've looked for the first time blush I had always believed what the seller told me... and I just found out it's true laugh
I'll look up the others when I get home.

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 04/01/14 09:08 AM

Thank you Peter. I don't get home for another two weeks, but it will have another good look when I do.

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 04/01/14 07:32 PM

@Peter:
Mine is #1073 and it's 3-5/8
Possible American walnut...BUT...to pick up one like that...means "GOOD LUCK" !!!

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 04/01/14 10:50 PM

How would a feller go about getting a Davison knife? I like his work.

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 04/04/14 07:23 AM

Originally Posted By: Byrdguy
How would a feller go about getting a Davison knife? I like his work.

http://www.tadscustomknives.com/saleone.html

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 04/06/14 02:32 AM

Pat, sorry for the late reply: Michael is perfectly right, of course. The ones he puts up for sale usually don't last long on his site but you should contact him directly and discuss styles and sizes with him. He's a real nice guy to deal with and the wait isn't half as bad as you would think wink

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 04/06/14 08:31 AM

That's what I think I'll do. He has many examples on his site and one in particular caught my eye. Thanks.
Posted by: desert.snake

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 06/25/14 10:00 AM

My favorite folding knife GAK 108 - comfortable and
always in pocket ^^

here for those who are interested in Swiss knives:
http://www.sakwiki.com/tiki-index.php?page=GAK

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 06/25/14 11:42 AM

A very useful knife, desert.snake! I like it, too smile
Posted by: Alex Sullivan

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 11/02/14 12:48 AM

I love pocket knives! Easy to carry around!

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 10/15/16 03:55 AM

It so happened that my GAK 108 really liked my friend
and I gift it to him. He is very happy smile

From that moment I went through a lot of different folding
knives - Microtech Socom, Sebenza 21, Dozier folder Nessmuk,
Victorinox 111 mm Sentinel, Puma Game Warden 972,
Pro-Tech GodSon, Opinel #8, Higonokami, Soviet folding
knives (several pieces, whose name you do not know),
Benchmade 531 and 552, Spyderco Paramilitary CPM-M4
and AFO II FAMILY, AG Russell Barlow and other.

Now I have them all sold, besides soviet "kolhoznik",
I'll just leave it for collection. Previously, before collapse of USSR,
they were made in large quantities, cost,
in terms of today's money ~ $ 0.8-1.5.
For high-quality storage, I filled it with engine oil
and wrapped in tracing paper.

Currently I use a knife Shirogorov 806.
Very good knife - very comfortable in the hand,
Blade 105 * 4 mm from hand forged X12MF steel,
titanium frame and very reliable Axis lock.
Weight 132 gram (4,65 oz).

Price is absolutely inhuman, but the Chinese
are doing fine replicas $ ~20-100 depending on steel.

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 11/09/16 01:52 PM

You never know if a knife is going to be a steady favorite until you try it out of a while. Since I purchased it in June, I have been carrying this Buck 301 much more than expected. It has really grown on me. Not too large, not too small. I love the selection of blades, especially the sheepsfoot.

There certainly is some truth in this vintage Buck advertisement... smile

Posted by: Eric

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 11/09/16 02:21 PM

Tom, I have always like the 3 blade Stockmans. The first knife I bought at the PX when I joined the Air Force was a Buck 303. The 303 is the smaller version of your 301, the third blade on the 303 is more of pen knife, rather than a true spey blade like on your 301. Mine has been to hell and back, but it still resides in my user drawer as a old favorite.

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 11/09/16 09:16 PM

Eric, the 303 is real popular on the Buck forum. Like mine, yours is Camillus made with 440A blades. Nice knife. Thanks for the photo!

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 11/10/16 06:39 AM

Thanks Tom, I like your 301 better, if the PX would have had the larger 301 in stock back in 1980, I would have bought the 301 instead. Unfortunately Ft Meade did not have the nicest AAFES.

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 12/15/16 02:19 AM

Something is happening to me. I sold almost all my folding knives,
and took the old classic puma (1 quarter 1977) and fully satisfied,
despite the fact that the knife very used smile

When the knife looked like this last photo
(photo from the site Puma collector)

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 02/25/17 08:29 AM

And now I'm addicted to the Douk-Douk))
When first started using, it covered with a patina.
Posted by: pappy19

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 02/26/17 05:49 AM

I have a used one and recently purchased a new one off ebay from a lady in Germany. About $150 less than used one here in the US. Fast shipper, gorgeous knife, high quality.

Pap
Posted by: Crutcher

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 03/26/17 10:22 PM

I currently live in town so for in town everyday use, I like a pretty thin, small pocket folder type pocket knife.. Something almost silly small. I don't wanna feel it bulging in my pocket. Good enough to cut string and slice tape kinda knife.

Going camping in general, hiking even in what could be a popular trail deep into a national park or even to a friends cookout at a camp site on the river, then the knife choice gets changed in size and style pretty quickly depending on venue.

Sometimes I admit I've taken something like a Randall 14 on my side on a hike not expecting to have to use it but as a backup. If I do it's probably against a bear and I presume the bear will win, eating me and my number 14.
Posted by: W Polidori

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 03/27/17 09:43 AM

You're taking the wrong knife. For such a situation you need a 12-8 Bear Bowie crazy

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 04/20/19 01:04 PM

For everyday small tasks I decided to take something more beautiful than my beloved Stanley 99e (I gave Douk-Douk for a girl, her liked he because of his ease). I decided to take the model B30 from William Henry, ~ 3 1/4 inch blade, small, easy. He is still on his way when he arrives, I will show him for you, but he looks just like this photo. Does anyone else use them?
Posted by: Holzinger258

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 04/20/19 05:28 PM

Originally Posted By: desert.snake
Does anyone else use them?
Posted by: LarryWW1246

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 04/20/19 07:53 PM

Desert Snake and Steve-

Those are true gentlemen's knives. Elegant, simple, and not likely to alarm gentle people if you happen to use them in public.

Larry

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 04/24/19 08:23 AM

Carried this B10 Lancet with a 2 5/8" ZDP-189 Blade for a time 6 years ago. I thought I had lost it, found it this past trash day when I threw out the old recliner. My wife's words right before I took it out....make sure you check it before you leave it at the curb. It has always paid off when I listen to her, still does obviously.

1 found, many more to still find.....that's why I now prefer pocket clips on my folders.

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 04/30/19 08:53 AM

-Steve, cool set

Eric, you have a very useful wife smile

Prometheus with MC-E?

today finally arrived alone, but not the one))

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 04/30/19 10:52 AM

Desert Snake,

36 years of bliss.

Yes, Alpha Ready-Made. I like Jason's products

Nice early WH liner lock that you received.

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 05/01/19 05:20 PM

Eric, 36 years of bliss it is very wonderful smile

Now I understand about pocket clips, perhaps I will look for a new home for this WH.

Jason is a great fellow.
Posted by: James Usher

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 10/07/19 08:24 AM

why pocket knives are specifically different from others? many knives can be carried in pocket! doesn't this make them all pocket knives?

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 10/07/19 07:29 PM

I have deep pockets. I carry bowies.

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 10/07/19 07:33 PM

Warren, You have to have deep pockets to own as many Bowies as you do.

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 10/07/19 07:37 PM

Following your lead Eric. laugh
Posted by: Kirko

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 10/25/19 12:08 PM

CR small Inkosi , so light I really wonder sometimes if I put it in my pocket. Terrific!
Posted by: DeltaMike

Re: Pocket?...or Not? ... - 08/17/20 07:22 PM

For about 5 years now a mini griptilian has been my pocket companion. It gets used nearly everyday. Bought one for the wife as well.