Remington #R1123 / The "ORIGINAL" Bullet Knife!

Posted by: Captain Chris Stanaback

Remington #R1123 / The "ORIGINAL" Bullet Knife! - 07/16/13 05:12 PM

My buddy (and fellow RKCC charter member) Mike Mason and I attended the AGCA show this past weekend. I bought, sold and traded (along with ordered for customers) several Randall Knives. That's not a particularly unusual occurance for me. I "also" did a little buying, selling and trading of some "non" Randall stuff. The photos below are of one of these such "deals". I hope you like it. I know I do!
As some of you know, I am fond of the Remington "Bullet" knife series, having almost all of the limited series offered from 1982 until a few years ago (when Camillus shut their doors for good). A good 'ol boy walked up to my table on Sunday and sold me an "older" version....the "original" version of one of these such knives. It is a Remington #R1123, large, 2 bladed tracker (or trapper as some call it) pre-war bullet with a lot of life left in it, killer jigged bone and a unique sheath!
Anyway: I thought it appropriate to "share" it with all of you. I will "share" it with you, via a few photos on this forum..."BUT"...(There's that word again)...I will not "actually" share it with you...so don't ask! (Tony: Eat your heart out)
Best, Capt. Chris
Posted by: TonyLaPetri

Re: Remington #R1123 / The "ORIGINAL" Bullet Knife! - 07/16/13 06:24 PM

Oh, I'll ask, some day down the road. grin

Very Cool! Especially the sheath.

Tony
Posted by: pappy19

Re: Remington #R1123 / The "ORIGINAL" Bullet Knife! - 07/16/13 11:43 PM

Way cool, did you trade or just peel off the hundreds? Those are hard to come by these days.

Pap
Posted by: Captain Chris Stanaback

Re: Remington #R1123 / The "ORIGINAL" Bullet Knife! - 07/17/13 12:30 AM

I "peeled". The last one I saw was on Tommy Clark's table and it (without a sheath) was priced at $1700.00!
Thanks, Capt. Chris
Posted by: Duke

Re: Remington #R1123 / The "ORIGINAL" Bullet Knife! - 07/17/13 10:04 AM

Really nice one, Cap. These have been some of my favorite "pocket knives" for a long, long time. If anybody ever picks one up, you know why......the weight, feel, toughness, etc.........it just feels great. Also does feel heavy in the pocket though so I've almost always found a sheath that works when it goes into the woods with me. Haven't seen that sheath since my Korean War Vet friend/ mentor introduced me to this one along with the old CASE single locking blade hunter. We completely field dressed, skinned, quartered out and "ate as we went" on long, camping deer hunts together about a million years ago.
Aaaaahhhhhh..........thanks for posting.
Posted by: Michael_Mason

Re: Remington #R1123 / The "ORIGINAL" Bullet Knife! - 07/17/13 06:23 PM

Yell'l Buddy, I believe you snagged a good one there. Nice knife.
Posted by: Litch

Re: Remington #R1123 / The "ORIGINAL" Bullet Knife! - 07/20/13 03:41 PM

Wow, Capt. Chris! One of my all-time favorite "Pocket " knives! Looks like it is in great condition smile
Posted by: Alex Sullivan

Re: Remington #R1123 / The "ORIGINAL" Bullet Knife! - 11/02/14 12:52 AM

Wow the knife looks so badass!
Posted by: Garth

Re: Remington #R1123 / The "ORIGINAL" Bullet Knife! - 08/02/16 01:43 PM

Howdy everyone,
This is my very first post on Knife Talk. I hope you all will be patient with me if I miss-step, and will kindly point out what I should be doing.
This thread interested me because I have a Remington Bullet Knife from the original pre 1940 production. I found it in a tool box in 1969 that I bought at an auction in Red Deer, Alberta. It is a solid knife, but not in as good condition as the one Chris showed. The Remington mark is still visible, but the blades are quite blackened. Maybe there is a way to brighten them up without losing the Remington trade mark?

This knife got me interested in pocket knives, although I don't have much of a collection yet. I mostly have Case knives.

It was very interesting to see your knife, Chris.
Posted by: Roe

Re: Remington #R1123 / The "ORIGINAL" Bullet Knife! - 09/28/16 11:34 AM

I also have a 1123 Bullet, not quite as nice as yours but is in very good shape. It still has some etching on blade, with very strong snap.No cracks nor chips especially at the lanyard.
Posted by: r.cordell

Re: Remington #R1123 / The "ORIGINAL" Bullet Knife! - 01/05/17 06:41 PM

Captain, as the rest have mentioned this is a very nice 1123. I sold my Remington/Case collection several years ago and in the collection was a 1123 that I decided to keep. Yours is in very nice condition and as you probably already know the old ones had exceptional edge holding abilities. I use my 1123 and it never touches anything other than a kitchen steel and a strop.
Getting to why I really posted is your sheath! After I decided to keep my 1123 I started looking for something to carry it in and found one exactly like yours, it wasn't cheap!!!! I ended up with a custom made sheath instead. You might want to do some research on the sheath because the one I was looking at was from a Remington collection also. Great buy and a great knife and sheath combo!! Take care and God bless. r.cordell P.S. I am now addicted to Randall's .....God help me!!!!
Posted by: tunefink

Re: Remington #R1123 / The "ORIGINAL" Bullet Knife! - 08/11/17 02:02 PM

Back to the top:

I just acquired 300 folders in a collection and some pretty stuff! I am getting an education and wearing Google out.

Here are three Bullets, old ones.....

Top is a R1263, middle is a R4243 and bottom is a real deal R1306.

Posted by: Michael_Mason

Re: Remington #R1123 / The "ORIGINAL" Bullet Knife! - 08/11/17 03:42 PM

A very nice grouping of Remington's..
I'm envious !!
Posted by: Litch

Re: Remington #R1123 / The "ORIGINAL" Bullet Knife! - 08/13/17 12:58 PM

Oh - I Love the 1306! Very hard to find in this condition.