WTB -- sheath for model 2-6

Posted by: JE6245

WTB -- sheath for model 2-6 - 01/11/17 03:46 PM

I need a sheath for a model 2-6. The knife dates to roughly 1963 (dark brown micarta, 7-spacers, pre-1966 blade stamp), so I figure that the "correct" sheath would most likely be a baby dot from roughly that same time frame or a few years later. I suppose an RMK brown button could also work but I think the baby dot would be the more likely match. The knife shows some wear so I would prefer a sheath with minor signs of use to be consistent with the knife. Please let me know if you have something like this that you are willing to sell or know of one for sale. For a "reasonable" price, of course. ;-) Thanks.
Posted by: W Polidori

Re: WTB -- sheath for model 2-6 - 01/11/17 05:04 PM

Jim,

If you don't hear from anyone here you might reach out to Gary Clinton. Maybe a long shot don't know. Good luck.

Re: WTB -- sheath for model 2-6 - 01/11/17 05:20 PM

Good thought. Thanks Warren.

Re: WTB -- sheath for model 2-6 - 01/12/17 09:00 AM

Turns out Gary has exactly what I need and at a great price. Thanks again Warren.
Posted by: W Polidori

Re: WTB -- sheath for model 2-6 - 01/12/17 09:17 AM

He's helped me out in the past Jim. Good on ya!

Re: WTB -- sheath for model 2-6 - 01/12/17 11:46 AM

I don't mean to carry on with this thread but I emailed Gary late afternoon yesterday (my time) and within 2 hours he replied with an email with pictures of several sheaths he had that fit the bill. I picked one and he's mailing it out this morning and I haven't even paid him yet. That's really incredible in my book. Just wanted to spread the word a bit.
Posted by: Tattoo Bill

Re: WTB -- sheath for model 2-6 - 01/12/17 01:59 PM

Congrats Jim!

There are several of us RMK collectors who still believe in a hand shake, a promise......or even a personal check! lol
Posted by: CrazyCajun

Re: WTB -- sheath for model 2-6 - 01/12/17 07:03 PM

Yes sir, there sure are several that are as I say.... Old School!
Posted by: crutchtip

Re: WTB -- sheath for model 2-6 - 01/13/17 08:48 PM

photos of knife?

Re: WTB -- sheath for model 2-6 - 01/14/17 10:37 AM

Joe -- The only photos I can take are with my iPhone and, especially with this knife, they wouldn't come close to doing the knife justice. Rest assured that independent knowledgeable folks have looked at it and confirmed that it is indeed brown micarta. I'm trying to find someone here in town who would take pics of my knives so that I can post them up sometimes but so far no luck on that.