What do you carry?

Posted by: BladeRunner77

What do you carry? - 11/04/11 10:30 AM

Not sure if this is the best spot for this post but here it goes. I always enjoy reading all of what people have to say on here (and to paraphrase Ronnie, "read it all"). I love all of the knowledge and history shared about RMK. But what I would like to know is what does everyone carry on a regular basis? Could be Randall, could not be. What knife do you have on you when you go to the packy or walk the dog? What is your go to got to have when you leave the house knife for everyday use? Mine is a simple Buck 110 folding hunter. So everyone. What do you carry?
cheers!
Posted by: kalervo

Re: What do you carry? - 11/04/11 10:37 AM

Good topic. I have a Randall 8-4 always at home. Sometimes I use also a small utlity knife I have made formyself.

Re: What do you carry? - 11/04/11 10:39 AM

kalervo: every knife of yours that I have seen on here looks very well made, even the deer antler one ... I wish I had that talent...
Posted by: RainyDay

Re: What do you carry? - 11/04/11 10:39 AM

I always have my ESEE IZULA as my EDC in a custom Kydex sheath. But for walks in the woods or working in the back yard, Randall 5-5 with Angier configuration baby!!
Posted by: Captain Chris Stanaback

Re: What do you carry? - 11/04/11 11:08 AM

Scott,
This is a great topic and...I feel...would be better served in the "Sharp Talk" forum. If everyone is in agreement, I'll move the entire thing when I get back from delivering a Randall to one of my customers. Let me know what ya'll think. There will obviously be more than Randall knives discussed...(and I have photos!!!).
Best, Capt. Chris
Posted by: Hemingway

Re: What do you carry? - 11/04/11 11:20 AM

I have spent money on almost everything: Grayman, Strider, Busse, Benchmade, Chris Reeve, Al-Mar, Emerson, Zero Tolerance, every ESEE made, much of what Ethan Becker has put out over the last 8 years and a whole bunch more. But, you know what? I end up carrying a Swiss Army knife in my pocket every single day. If I'm in the woods, it's my Randall 25. If I'm in another country, it's an ESEE product.
Posted by: TAH

Re: What do you carry? - 11/04/11 11:30 AM

Originally Posted By: Hemingway
I end up carrying a Swiss Army knife in my pocket every single day.

Same here. That must be an Indiana thing. Once you go SAK, you never go back. grin

Re: What do you carry? - 11/04/11 11:31 AM

I have no objection. I was not sure from the start so I just gave it a shot ... and yes, pics would be welcomed as well as stories. Looking forward to seeing and reading...
Posted by: oldguy

Re: What do you carry? - 11/04/11 01:24 PM

I always have a Benchmade. When hunting I have it along with a Case Bird Hunter and a Randall either my Pathfinder or Woodsman. Most times it's the Pathfinder. When the Capt gets that Model 3 to me it's going to get carried and used also. oldguy
Posted by: BOB_TEATES

Re: What do you carry? - 11/04/11 02:10 PM

colt 1911 or chiefs special airweight
Posted by: Peter S.

Re: What do you carry? - 11/04/11 02:17 PM

I carry lots of knives!

One of these is always with me!

Randall #8-4
Randall Denmark Special
Andrew Jordan Scout
Bearcub Bear
Buck 110
Buck 112
Posted by: TAH

Re: What do you carry? - 11/04/11 02:59 PM

This Buck 112 for trail riding.

And this Fällkniven F1 for backpacking.

Posted by: kalervo

Re: What do you carry? - 11/04/11 04:09 PM

Fällkniven F1 is a fantastic knife.
Posted by: Steven

Re: What do you carry? - 11/04/11 04:38 PM

Randall Model 21
Ruana model 10
Reeves mnandi and Sebenzas
Various Case peanuts in the ole pocket.
Others of various makers all with 31/2 inch blade or less.
I can carry a firearm but only short blade knives. O.K. what ever.
Posted by: Robert Frey

Re: What do you carry? - 11/04/11 05:05 PM

My EDC knife is an Emerson CQC-7:

At the range I wear a MOLLE belt and there is an ESEE-3MIL attached to it:

Until I get the Randall Model 23 I ordered, I have been using a Leatherman Wave for hunting:

Posted by: Oldvetnam1

Re: What do you carry? - 11/04/11 05:19 PM

For EDC I have either a ZT 0300 or 0350. I also always have a SAK with me. And if I thought I could get away with it I'd carry my favorite Smithsonian bowies.

Posted by: Rick Magee

Re: What do you carry? - 11/04/11 05:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Oldvetnam1
And if I thought I could get away with it I'd carry my favorite Smithsonian bowies.

Steve, a cross-draw double sheath across your chest like in your photo would definitely be the way to go! laugh
Posted by: Rick Magee

Re: What do you carry? - 11/04/11 05:50 PM

Here's what my daily (Mon-Fri) carry looks like. A Randall #5-4 and a Syderco Delica. Sorry for the grunge, but these are real world working knives. grin

Posted by: EDO

Re: What do you carry? - 11/04/11 05:50 PM

Posted by: EDO

Re: What do you carry? - 11/04/11 05:56 PM

tataaaaaaaahhh!!!!! wink

grin grin grin grin
Posted by: Ronnie

Re: What do you carry? - 11/04/11 06:31 PM

I wear a Chris Reeve Sebenza on my belt....regardless of whether I'm wearing an H,S, &M suit or blue jeans. I really like the knife and since 9-11 it has always been there accept on one occasion when I had an appointment with a client in the Federal Courthouse in town. In my pocket I carry a small SAK that is incredibly useful and holds an edge. In the field...back packing, hunting, or just hiking/walking I wear one of my Randalls, usually a 23 and or a Treeman Alaskan Skinner. Sort of got a new "hankering" for a Model 15 CDT for field/camping trips. I have seen some really nice ones here.

Re: What do you carry? - 11/04/11 07:08 PM

Rick, I like you idea of the sheathes for my Bowies. And that's the way knives are supposed to look IMO, well used.
Posted by: TonyLaPetri

Re: What do you carry? - 11/04/11 08:43 PM

Edo ... You almost had me there!
I like it ... except it would ruin the lines of my Armani jacket!
grin
Posted by: pappy19

Re: What do you carry? - 11/04/11 08:56 PM

Benchmade in my back pocket, Victorinox small in my front pocket and a Randall Cattleman's in my Gutcher Beavertail pouch sheath, every day.

Pap
Posted by: Wally

Re: What do you carry? - 11/05/11 01:26 AM

I always have a Swiss Army classic in my front right pocket (I'm left handed) I practically always have a Benchmade auto in my left pocket, that I've carried daily for 7 years, since it was given to me in Iraq. I'll add a pic later, it's one of the most worn out pocket rockets you may ever see, but it's been through hell and still does everything I ask of it. on occasion I will belt a 4" gambler to my left hip. All my big knives are retired...
Posted by: Peter_Kaufman

Re: What do you carry? - 11/05/11 09:51 AM

Ok
I carry every day the custom Benchmade Griptillian with S30V blade steel and etching of dog paws and my dogs names on the one side and more dog paw and my name on the other side. I also have the Leatherman Micra with Photo light in my pocket. The Benchmade pen is a great writing instrument and is better than a sharp stick in an emergency.

When I am hiking or biking, the Randall model 28 is attached to the shoulder strap of my backpack. It has been on many hikes in central PA as well as all of the national parks in southern Utah. It is getting some scratches and a patina, but that is what it is for.

Peter
Posted by: Litch

Re: What do you carry? - 11/05/11 01:48 PM

Living in the city, my regular EDC is a folder - anything from a Case Swayback Jack up to a Puma or a Trapper

Posted by: Holzinger258

Re: What do you carry? - 11/05/11 05:53 PM

I carry these.
Posted by: danbrew

Re: What do you carry? - 11/05/11 10:39 PM

The two EDCs are here:

And this...

I rarely carry a Randall but when I do it is my Model 19.

smile
Posted by: BOB_TEATES

Re: What do you carry? - 11/06/11 10:00 AM

no wonder my pants are so heavy!

Re: What do you carry? - 11/06/11 03:41 PM

I wish I could carry a Randall on a regular basis ... an EDC.
Well, I guess I COULD, but it might "upset" some people in the offices I work. grin
So ... these are my usual carries ... in a pocket. The SAK is usually in my bag/briefcase.
From the top ... My Remington 1989 Bullet. Gerber Vulcan. Gerber LST/Gold Micarta.
A Laguiole. A new acquisition ... Hugo Koller Bartenders Knife/Walnut Handles/Solingen Germany/1980s.
And the SAK Spartan (34 years old) on the right side.
They all get their daily turn. The Remington Bullet is mostly for the weekends, in a pouch sheath on my belt.
Posted by: HALORANGER

Re: What do you carry? - 11/06/11 05:23 PM

This is my go to work package. The little Sig is a nice package.

Re: What do you carry? - 11/06/11 06:08 PM

That's a nice assortment Tony. I have one of those Laguioles but find it very hard to open. The spring seems exceptionally tight. If it wasn't for that I would carry it.

Re: What do you carry? - 11/06/11 06:09 PM

Nice Jimmy. That folder looks like it's seen a lot and been used a lot.
Posted by: Wally

Re: What do you carry? - 11/06/11 06:21 PM

Dang Jimmy, that pic of yours reminded me of one I'd posted a while back. It "sorta" fits in the thread.

I called it "A few of my favorite things"

Re: What do you carry? - 11/06/11 07:22 PM

Steve, Thanks!
I've had some folders like that. Several treatments with Tuff Glide usually helps.
http://www.sentrysolutions.com/

Re: What do you carry? - 11/07/11 04:21 AM

Thank Tony I'll give that a try.
Posted by: tunefink

Re: What do you carry? - 11/07/11 10:11 PM

Love the Hugo Koller Tony..... Where did you find it?
Posted by: GCTom41

Re: What do you carry? - 11/08/11 06:47 AM

My EDC is a Palm Wood Triathelete; fits in the pocket or can be worn on the belt.

Tony great Hugo Koller!

Regards,

Tom Flynn

Re: What do you carry? - 11/08/11 08:51 AM

Thanks Tune, Tom ...
I found it on ebay!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/400243375794?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_500wt_1180
The seller ... Silverladdie ... has been putting up some cool stuff.
I don't know anything about Hugo Koller ... are these knives well known?
Tony

Re: What do you carry? - 11/08/11 09:00 AM

Silveladdie is Buzz Parker, Jim Parker's son. He runs the Seveirville, Tn. show (Parker show) twice a year. I have bought some of my Remington Bullet knives from Buzz. Good guy!
Best, Capt. Chris
PS: Spotty Com. from here on out, as I'm doing the "Bama Thing".
Best, Capt. Chris

Re: What do you carry? - 11/08/11 09:12 AM

Yes!
I also got a couple of Bullet knives from him. Along with a few others. Good seller!
Found this about Koller ...
http://www.iknifecollector.com/profiles/blogs/hugo-koller-cutlery
Seems Hugo Koller made military knives during WWII. Some collectable German Army/Nazi stuff out there.
My knife seems to have been made in the 1980s ... a Bartender's Knife ... which got my attention! grin
Tony

Re: What do you carry? - 11/08/11 09:30 AM

Originally Posted By: Captain Chris Stanaback
Silveladdie is Buzz Parker, Jim Parker's son. He runs the Seveirville, Tn. show (Parker show) twice a year. I have bought some of my Remington Bullet knives from Buzz. Good guy!...

Originally Posted By: TonyLaPetri
Yes!
I also got a couple of Bullet knives from him. Along with a few others. Good seller!...

He's got a couple of very interesting knives there! Too bad he doesn't sell to Germany frown

Re: What do you carry? - 11/08/11 03:45 PM

thanks for all of the great pics and stories.

cheers!

Re: What do you carry? - 11/12/11 10:27 AM

here is one I forgot - Case small sodbuster. It sees a lot of pocket time, covers nearly all of the EDC tasks and is SCARY sharp laugh

Re: What do you carry? - 11/12/11 11:28 AM

Now THAT'S a no-nonsense EDC!
Posted by: Robert Frey

Re: What do you carry? - 11/12/11 03:35 PM

Here's one I can't believe I forgot too:

It's my constant companion no matter what else I may have on me.
Posted by: HALORANGER

Re: What do you carry? - 11/13/11 12:22 PM

Here is my new Gerber 06 Automatic EDC. It seems to be very well built and is very sharp from the factory. If I had to nit pick something, it would be that the opening action is a little slow. I like that it has a safety and the pocket clip can be mounted on either side.

Re: What do you carry? - 11/13/11 12:41 PM

That's a serious looking auto, Jimmy.
I wish I could carry something like that but over here any auto with a blade longer than 3.25" is strictly forbidden frown
Posted by: tunefink

Re: What do you carry? - 11/19/11 10:44 AM

When I have on jeans, I carry a Microtech Troodon auto.

In my dress slacks for work and travel... I carry this little razor. It will go undetected ANYWHERE.

Re: What do you carry? - 11/19/11 12:08 PM

Jimmy,
Your email address is gettin' kicked back to me...AGAIN! Get in touch, dude!
Thanks, Capt. Chris

Re: What do you carry? - 11/19/11 12:40 PM

Oh - that Microtech looks like a mean cutter laugh
Posted by: desert.snake

Re: What do you carry? - 07/24/17 01:31 PM

Such a good flow, come to life!

This is my EDC - Strider PT, it does not cause increased attention
from the police and ordinary people. Light and it cuts well smile

There was no light for a while, so I decided to light it with a flashlight.
In fact, the my eyes see well, but for camera light lacks to make everything clear.
Posted by: Eric

Re: What do you carry? - 07/24/17 03:55 PM

Strider makes an outstanding EDC. Great knife. I do not use mine, but I love Mick's Customs.
Posted by: desert.snake

Re: What do you carry? - 07/24/17 04:32 PM

This is beauty! smile
I, too, do not raise my hand to use, if knife new))
Therefore, I specifically bought in the secondary market
from a third owner.