Fairburn Sykes info please

Posted by: rodbrown

Fairburn Sykes info please - 02/28/19 12:46 PM

A member of our Gun Club recently passed away. He had a ton of guns and knives, which a non family member is tasked with sorting and selling.

He had 3 Fairburn Sykes knives. One has a “Wilkinson Sword, London” on the Blade ahead of the hilt and “FS” on the other side of the blade. Second knife has “NATO 1977” on the hilt. Third knife has a Broad Arrow stamp and “England” on the hilt.

I would appreciate any info and/or price guides or links to where I can find info. If you would rather talk about it on the phone, send me a PM with your phone number and I will call you.

Thank you
Posted by: Wayne Dengler

Re: Fairburn Sykes info please - 09/19/19 12:40 PM

Rod,
Sorry for the long delay in any reply but theire is a source of some information about the FS fighting knive.

Go to Fairbairn Sykes Fighting Knives.com and that may be of some help.

I may have an idea about the third knife which has the broad arrow on one side and England on the other.

That may have been issued the British Commando Units during WW 2 as the arrow indicates a Commando Unit.

Where in Ontario???

Wayne
Posted by: LarryWW1246

Re: Fairburn Sykes info please - 09/19/19 02:13 PM

There is a long-term collector of these knives who has had recent articles in Knife Magazine. Look up the magazine, give them a call and they will help you if think you can use the information.

Larry
Posted by: rodbrown

Re: Fairburn Sykes info please - 09/19/19 10:24 PM

Wayne

Thanks for the info. Some his estate (knives and guns) were sold to members of our Gun Club and other friends. Those not sold locally were sent to an auction house? Don’t know if that is the correct term.
I think his family realized more than 50K.

We live in Kingston, Ontario.
Posted by: Wayne Dengler

Re: Fairburn Sykes info please - 09/20/19 11:55 AM

Rod,
Glad to see that the family got some good money from the estate.
Kingston? My father in law lived in Trenton,about 60 miles west of you on 401.

We spent many summers camping at Presquil Provincial Park about 16 miles west of Trenton.

Wayne