Ruana Shop Info

Posted by: pappy19

Ruana Shop Info - 05/08/18 03:15 PM

For those interested in Ruana's, they are having a sale on some older models.

Pap

https://lm.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ruanaknives.com%2F&h=ATMm9red26MTmffyfAPcsbKRcevCp8oJJYlKi1jKMrpMjb92k-8yJa2NUAaDdZaesRG08XSHz2fLSllwXpYqVPH_-14HR1gBT7JiZz7ZYrI7_2z2Gg
Posted by: Lofty

Re: Ruana Shop Info - 05/09/18 11:23 AM

I get nothing but a link from facebook to the Ruana site and see no sale mentioned. Any more detail?

Re: Ruana Shop Info - 05/09/18 12:29 PM

It was in an email to me with the sale details, but I could not get it to copy or link. Call the Ruana Shop and have them email to you. Sorry.

Pap
Posted by: CrazyCajun

Re: Ruana Shop Info - 05/09/18 06:38 PM

Called the shop today, spoke with Mike and he added me to their email list. Email came within 5 minutes.

Re: Ruana Shop Info - 05/10/18 02:43 AM

Thanks, Pappy. It has been since Dec since I heard from Mike.
Posted by: Steven

Re: Ruana Shop Info - 05/10/18 02:03 PM

I can't get the website for Ruana to open anything. Anyone else having a problem?
Posted by: Peter_Kaufman

Re: Ruana Shop Info - 05/10/18 03:29 PM

The new website is under construction and hopefully will be working fully before too long

Peter

Re: Ruana Shop Info - 05/10/18 03:53 PM

Thanks

Re: Ruana Shop Info - 06/07/18 07:31 PM

I just received an email from Ruana with some special deals for Father's Day with free shipping and engraving at special prices on their Americana series. Since it was in an email, I couldn't furnish a link, sorry.

Pap

Re: Ruana Shop Info - 06/07/18 10:40 PM

Thank you for the heads-up, on that. Are you buying one for me, or am I supposed to buy one for you?

Re: Ruana Shop Info - 12/18/18 04:28 PM

I received another email from the Ruana shop with 4 custom knives for sale.

Pap

Re: Ruana Shop Info - 01/15/19 04:58 PM

Knife World has a cover picture of the old RH and the new Ruana shop examples, plus a great article.

Pap

Re: Ruana Shop Info - 04/03/19 01:36 PM

I just received an email from the Ruana shop, and they are making a special hatchet and knife. If you ordered one of their earlier collector knives, you can order the hatchet with the same serial number. Anyway go on their web site if interested.

Pap

Re: Ruana Shop Info - 04/04/19 04:30 PM

I ordered them both.

Re: Ruana Shop Info - 04/04/19 06:51 PM

Destined to be one of the classic Ruana's pairs. Good get Steven.

Pap

Re: Ruana Shop Info - 04/08/19 12:19 PM

Thanks, I got the Vic Hangas as well. It has a really nice handle on it. Most of my Ruana knives are old and real tools.

Re: Ruana Shop Info - 09/06/19 07:53 PM

Great article on Ruana knives in the latest October Blade Magazine.

Pap
Posted by: Wayne Dengler

Re: Ruana Shop Info - 09/08/19 11:08 AM

As soon as I finished reading the article in BLADE magazine,I went and got out my Model 10B Smoke Jumper.

I will be wearing it from now on.

Kind of difficult to make a choice between a Randall or Ruana knife as they are both superbly made.

Wayne

Re: Ruana Shop Info - 09/08/19 04:13 PM

I had the Ruana shop make me a flap sheath for my Smokejumper model, and wore it as an EDC for 3 years. Then my Randall Cattleman's for the next 3 years. The 10-3 is also a good choice.

Pap

Re: Ruana Shop Info - 09/08/19 04:56 PM

My "pocket knife" is made by Behring Made Knives which is about a 2 inch blade that has handle spacers in the color configuration of my Vietnam Service Ribbon.
I purchased that from Capt.Chris back at I think it was the 2013 BLADE Show.

Kind of hard to choose between the Cattleman or The Smoke Jumper for the sheath knife for EDC.

Wayne

Re: Ruana Shop Info - 09/08/19 08:08 PM

I had both with wrist thong, both rare for each, but I am a big fan of wrist thongs.

Pap

Re: Ruana Shop Info - 09/09/19 07:41 AM

Most,if not all,of my Randall knives have wrist thongs. Even the guns I wear while fishing have a lanyard ring of sorts to prevent the ominous splash of a gun or knife going into the drink.

Such an event can put the damper on the day's activities.

I just took the Cattleman out of the vault and was comparing it to the Smoke Jumper. It is a bit larger but still nice.

Wayne
Posted by: Duke

Re: Ruana Shop Info - 09/12/19 11:58 AM

Boy-O do I agree with the thong add on IF ever think might be used on/in/near water. I've not lost anything to the Aquagods YET, but I've witnessed several things disappear in the ocean/lake/quarry including knives, cameras and the best was watching a buddy feed anchor rope hand-over-hand all the way in.....having forgotten to tie off HIS new anchor in HIS new boat. Priceless expression.
And my wonderful wife throwing one of my salt water rigs into waste deep surf during her first double hook-up in her first Bluefish Blitz. Reeling hard as she could she couldn't stay ahead of them hooked & coming hard straight at her legs. I retrieved it even with two on my own rod. We laughed hard two hours later when they gave us a break.
Sorry.....took a side road there.
Posted by: Duke

Re: Ruana Shop Info - 09/12/19 12:04 PM

AND Ruana is great to talk with about adding thongs....or not. Or building you a filet knife that they haven't made in years; just like the one you have. They may want to do two vs. one.....and it might take a few months BUT they do get back to you to do it . Outstanding .

Re: Ruana Shop Info - 09/12/19 12:44 PM

If you special order, they always make 2 just in case one gets messed up. I've order 2 different custom models from them and was offered the 2 that were made. One was the 10B Smokejumper with a brass parry strop, thong hole and flap sheath. So I didn't take the 2nd one and someone has it.

Pap

Re: Ruana Shop Info - 05/05/20 10:39 AM

https://www.facebook.com/108507099177121/posts/3360649813962817/

Pap