Welcome aboard !!

Posted by: Captain Chris Stanaback

Welcome aboard !! - 04/07/09 05:53 PM

Literally: As this forum is dedicated to "on the water" activities. Boating, canoeing, kayaking, rafting...Whatever floats your boat is welcome here! Whether it's fishing out of your boat, rowing, paddling or some other individual type of flotation device you get your biggest thrills out of, this is the place!
Our friend, Tony LaPetri will help us along as we try and navigate our way through this forum. Please share your photos and stories, your preference in "gear" or whatever you believe will be of interest to all of us. If you're interested in it...So will a boatload of other folks!!
Best, Capt. Chris
Posted by: eddie

Re: Welcome aboard !! - 02/25/10 09:07 PM

IMO the Evinrude E-Tec is the best out there right now. It is the only two stroke to ever not only meet EPA requirements but actually beat those requirements. It has better emmisions than some 4 strokes.

Lighter, better power curve, better fuel economy, more power out of the hole and generally a better top end. They said it couldn't be done with a 2 stroke

I have had them all over the years. I won't by a Jap engine for anything. All Yamadog did was steal the Jonnyrude V6 design years ago when the OMC was having problems. Yamadog made them better at the time and the rest is history. They are decent engines, but I don't really care for them.
Posted by: tomthbomb

Re: Welcome aboard !! - 02/06/15 10:50 PM

My Evinrude probably caused the EPA requirements.

It's a 1967 Lightwin 3hp. Saw it on C's list and had to have it.

Posted by: tunefink

Re: Welcome aboard !! - 02/07/15 09:24 AM

I love it Tom.... Classic!
Posted by: Steven

Re: Welcome aboard !! - 02/07/15 10:59 AM

That is very cool and looks brand new.
Posted by: Wayne Dengler

Re: Welcome aboard !! - 08/06/17 09:16 AM

I have two canoes,one is a very old Old Towne 14 foot fiberglass Carleton series weighs about 70 lbs.

The second,I purchased after having some serious injuries is a Hornbeck carbon fiber 13 ft canoe that weighs just 19 lbs.

Obviously,I use the Hornbeck now. Took a bit of getting used to as you sit on the bottom and use kayak paddles.

Wayne
Posted by: Duke

Re: Welcome aboard !! - 08/06/17 02:30 PM

Pictures please, if you got em. I'd be interested in what you describe.....maybe.

Re: Welcome aboard !! - 08/06/17 02:32 PM

AND.............WOW Tom!----02/2015 post

Re: Welcome aboard !! - 08/07/17 11:08 AM

Duke,
I would love to post pictures but computers and I really do not do too well.
However,there are plenty of pictures in the Hornbeck website.

Go to: hornbeckboats.com and check them out. They are pricey but are very well made.

Wayne

Re: Welcome aboard !! - 08/08/17 10:39 AM

Thanks for the boat info. Wayne.

Re: Welcome aboard !! - 08/09/17 08:23 AM

Duke,
Let me know what you think of the Hornbeck Boats/canoes.

They are made in Western NYS. Looks like a small two person shop.

There usually is a wait,but a couple of years ago,I only had to wait a couple of months.

Wayne