Fish, mosquitoes and the great outdoors

Posted by: rodbrown

Fish, mosquitoes and the great outdoors - 08/08/18 07:47 PM

Spent 3 1/2 days with my wife's Aunt and cousins in Northern Ontario. Got a bunch of work done, but had a great day of fishing as well.

First: My wife's cousin with a lake trout. Did not weigh him, but guessed around 10 lbs. The weight will no doubt go up, as the years pass!!!
Second: What we kept, a couple lake trout and couple bass. Man was it great eating.
Third: When we got back to the cabin, the women had picked these chantrelle mushrooms.

I gutted and cut the heads off the fish with my 5-4. But the mosquitoes did not let us hang around and take any more pics.
Posted by: Billy Poyner

Re: Fish, mosquitoes and the great outdoors - 08/08/18 08:05 PM

Rod,
The skeeters went back and told the other skeeters what they caught
Posted by: Duke

Re: Fish, mosquitoes and the great outdoors - 08/08/18 10:24 PM

What a beautiful day on the water fishing that looks to have been. Thanks for posting those Rod.
Posted by: Sphinx3000

Re: Fish, mosquitoes and the great outdoors - 08/09/18 04:42 AM

Nature is pretty there. Sounds like a perfect day!
Posted by: Peter_Kaufman

Re: Fish, mosquitoes and the great outdoors - 08/09/18 09:21 AM

Rod
Looks like you had a great time and a delicious meal
Good to see you having an outdoor adventure

Peter
Posted by: W Polidori

Re: Fish, mosquitoes and the great outdoors - 08/09/18 09:00 PM

Rod,

Anyday fishing is great. You can keep the skeeters. They love me unfortunately. Thanks for sharing. Surprised no Kings, they're running hard. Our side of Ontario they're killing it this year.
Posted by: pappy19

Re: Fish, mosquitoes and the great outdoors - 08/09/18 10:15 PM

I always keep some fresh dryer sheets in a zippy to rub on me when the skeeters come out. Won't sustain a huge assault, but will keep the majority away.

Pap
Posted by: Michael_Mason

Re: Fish, mosquitoes and the great outdoors - 08/11/18 10:05 AM

Never heard that one Pappy, but as bad as the mosquito's are this year in Central Florida, I'll have no problem giving this a try. Having to keep a can of insect repellant on the front porch these days. Thanks for the tip....