Mountain Lake trout fishing

Posted by: Peter_Kaufman

Mountain Lake trout fishing - 06/11/18 09:01 PM

It has gotten hot here in Moab, so on Sunday a few of us went to a small mountain lake in the La Sal mountains to do a little trout fishing and hopefully have a lunch of fresh trout.
Fishing wasn't great, but good enough to have some for lunch
It was the first time I had been fishing in a long time and will have to go again in the future

Peter
Posted by: Duke

Re: Mountain Lake trout fishing - 06/12/18 12:15 AM

Wow Peter! I was looking at your pics on the other thread, wondering if there were any trout in those little ponds....flipped over to this one & BAM!!! What a great time you're making of your retirement. Again, thanks for and keep those pics coming Peter. They put a smile on my face! What a beautifully colored fish!
Posted by: pappy19

Re: Mountain Lake trout fishing - 06/12/18 12:23 AM

Panther Martin with black body, yellow spots and gold spinner. I've used this pattern for 40 years and never been skunked. Get a couple of different sizes, but 3/8 oz and 4lb test ultra light spinning gear works pretty good. Did you have a Model 8 to TCB?

Pap
Posted by: Peter_Kaufman

Re: Mountain Lake trout fishing - 06/12/18 07:55 AM

Thanks Duke and Mike

I am using a light rod and may have to get one of those lures

I had my 10-5" with the brown canvas micarta

Peter
Posted by: Sphinx3000

Re: Mountain Lake trout fishing - 06/12/18 08:00 AM

I like fishing, love these kind of pictures. Beautiful with the mountain on the background.
Posted by: rodbrown

Re: Mountain Lake trout fishing - 06/12/18 09:20 AM

Peter

Thanks for the pics and sharing both your hiking and fishing adventure.

I, like you, enjoy fishing, I just don’t make the effort to do it often. Please keep sharing your adventures. (Just no pics of/from high heights!!)
Posted by: coachblalock

Re: Mountain Lake trout fishing - 06/12/18 09:35 AM

Thanks for sharing.

I’m jealous!