New Bush Plane

Posted by: pappy19

New Bush Plane - 07/31/18 12:40 PM

Check this out.

https://youtu.be/PqhI4MeCn1c

Pap
Posted by: Shoot870p

Re: New Bush Plane - 07/31/18 02:53 PM

Wild! That was awesome for sure. Seems like a great dude for sure.
Posted by: coachblalock

Re: New Bush Plane - 07/31/18 03:22 PM

Man, what an airplane!
Posted by: W Polidori

Re: New Bush Plane - 07/31/18 06:00 PM

Enjoyable video Pap. With all the mods he's done, that bird is short take off and landing machine. I think he way underestimated what he's got invested.
Posted by: rodbrown

Re: New Bush Plane - 07/31/18 07:52 PM

Pap

Having a PT6 engine, it doesn’t get much better. The plane reminds me of a Avitat.

Re: New Bush Plane - 07/31/18 09:00 PM

The guy definitely did his homework on this one.

Pap
Posted by: W Polidori

Re: New Bush Plane - 07/31/18 09:28 PM

The entire airframe and powerplant was re-designed. It's nothing like the original
Sort of taking a Corvette and transforming into a Ferrari.
Just takes a ton of money and engineers to make stuff happen. Wonder what the FAA was thinking when they granted license? I think it's a super airplane and a one off.
Never get tired of seeing cool airplanes. Got an up close view building them for the US Navy working for Grumman back in the day.

Re: New Bush Plane - 08/01/18 12:05 AM

He obviously knows his aereontical engineering even without a degree. He already has many orders. It could wind up being the "Twin Otter" of the bush plane future. If you aren't familiar with the Twin Otter, then you won't appreciate that.

Pap
Posted by: BladesNBarrels

Re: New Bush Plane - 08/01/18 10:40 AM

The Twin Otter is a great plane

My wife and I flew in the Beaver at Lake Union in Seattle to the San Juan Islands. That plane seemed so easy to fly that I felt I could jump in if I had to. Famous Last Words!