Which Hunting knife This Fall?

Posted by: pappy19

Which Hunting knife This Fall? - 09/24/16 05:22 PM

So obviously everyone on this forum will have a tough choice as to which of the fantastic makers will you actually use on your hunt? Randall, Behrng or someone else? Let us know and why.

Pap
Posted by: oldguy

Re: Which Hunting knife This Fall? - 09/24/16 05:48 PM

A Swiss Army knife. I let the hands on my ranch do the hard stuff.
Posted by: Robert Frey

Re: Which Hunting knife This Fall? - 09/24/16 09:38 PM

Leatherman Wave, it has everything I need.
Posted by: JerryG

Re: Which Hunting knife This Fall? - 09/24/16 09:58 PM

Great question Pap! Doubt I'll be carrying a "big name" knife, got a few customs from somewhat local makers that need to get dirty. I'll try to get some pictures up...
Posted by: Tom_D

Re: Which Hunting knife This Fall? - 09/25/16 04:49 PM

smile Pap, I've got a Ruana 28 CD due in next week and received my 20 B a couple of months ago so I'm in good shape on hunters with the stash of Randalls and Behrings thrown-in to go with the new Ruanas. Next I'm hoping to order Ruana Bowies 29 A, 30 A or a 30 B. Ruana builds a fine knife and the delivery time is about 3-4 months. Fine people to deal with, too. Rudy would be proud.
Posted by: rfcarlin

Re: Which Hunting knife This Fall? - 09/25/16 06:06 PM

RMK Model 28 (love the drop point hunters) and, like oldguy, a Wenger Swiss Army Knife (I carry a Backpacker as one of my EDCs, but there are several similar models that would serve equally well). Between the two, there are not a lot of jobs that can't be handled in one way or another.
Posted by: Steven

Re: Which Hunting knife This Fall? - 09/26/16 10:00 AM

Tom D.
Sounds like you are getting some nice Ruanas. They do make a fine knife. I had them make a couple of long discontinued styles with Ironwood instead of elk handles, very nice folks to deal with.