Browning Hi Power "T" Series

Posted by: Uncle Mike

Browning Hi Power "T" Series - 08/22/22 11:00 AM

Hi, just picked up this "T" series Hi Power from the '60's. The "T" series were the last salt blue guns with highly polished frames and the first with external extractors. I have a small collection of Hi Powers including a pre war, Canadian Inglis and a modern Indian armament, regards, Mike

[img]https://i.imgur.com/nIODuax.jpg?2[/img]
Posted by: Wayne Dengler

Re: Browning Hi Power "T" Series - 08/22/22 12:39 PM

Mike,
That looks really nice. It is amazing to see how many companies had made the Hi-Powers over the years and all the countries that have and still use them.

I still think that ones made by Fabrique National are pretty much the best.

As you know,Springfield Armory has one out and I wonder how it stacks up to the originals.

Wayne
Posted by: coachblalock

Re: Browning Hi Power "T" Series - 08/22/22 01:22 PM

Nice one!!! Good get!!!

Re: Browning Hi Power "T" Series - 08/22/22 01:27 PM

Hi Wayne, If you can find an Indian Ordnance, made in India, grab it. It's the same as an Inglis, internal extractor and kind of parkerized. It's one of the most accurate pistol I've shot. I paid under $300, although 20 years ago. After shooting this I sold my Browning Practical which was disappointing in the accuracy department, regards. Mke

Re: Browning Hi Power "T" Series - 08/23/22 09:07 AM

Mike,
That under $300, twenty years ago is probably in the thousands now.

I remember in the late 50s,early 60s,Ye Hunters Warehouse in VA was offering HPs for less than $40............by MAIL!!!!

Wayne

Re: Browning Hi Power "T" Series - 08/23/22 09:32 AM

Hi Wayne I also got an employee discount and no one wanted a pistol made in "India". I was pleasantly surprised at the quality and accuracy. I just did a search and these are no longer imported. So lets call this a "snipe hunt", regards, Mike

Re: Browning Hi Power "T" Series - 08/25/22 10:40 AM

Mike,
Glad to hear that the snipe hunt went well.

Back in '64,in 'Nam,one of the guys in my outfit had a Colt Python 2 1/2 bbl.

He maintained it very well (quite difficult in those conditions) and I wonder what the value of one of those would be now??

Wayne
Posted by: Michael_Mason

Re: Browning Hi Power "T" Series - 08/25/22 12:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Wayne Dengler

He maintained it very well (quite difficult in those conditions) and I wonder what the value of one of those would be now??
Wayne

That would be one firearm you could appreciate, if only for the stories it could tell.
That's cool cool

Re: Browning Hi Power "T" Series - 08/25/22 02:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Wayne Dengler
Mike,
Glad to hear that the snipe hunt went well.

Wayne
My estimate from what I’ve seen , 5 K , without the story, Vietnam carry, 8K and up, regards, Mike

Re: Browning Hi Power "T" Series - 08/26/22 12:20 PM

Back in the day,if memory serves me right,the general price was about $125 and sometimes less.

Sounds very cheap now but figure what the average wage was back then,it was fairly pricey.

That was the only 2 1/2 inch Colt Python I ever saw in person.

Wayne
Posted by: mic214

Re: Browning Hi Power "T" Series - 09/04/22 12:28 PM

My first BHP was a 74C series that I was my first off duty gun when I was a rookie LEO back in the 70's. I was actually allowed to carry it on patrol for a year or so, until I switched departments.

It eventually got sold off when the plastic wonder nines came out. I did have a .40 caliber BHP for a short period of time, but a buddy talked me out of it.

My current (And last) BHP is a 73C series that I traded in to:

Posted by: Holzinger258

Re: Browning Hi Power "T" Series - 09/04/22 08:14 PM

NICE!!