My first over & Under....

Posted by: mic214

My first over & Under.... - 12/23/21 06:38 PM

We recently moved from New Mexico up to Colorado. The new place is about a mile from a large shooting range.

In addition to rifle and handgun shooting, the range has all the different shotgun course offerings, Trap, Skeet and Sporting Clays along with Pheasant and Chukar hunting.

It's been about 10 years since I've hunted Pheasant, so I decided that I needed a shotgun that could handle a variety of tasks.

With that in mind, I picked up a Browning Citori CX with the 28" barrel set:

Posted by: thevalueman

Re: My first over & Under.... - 12/23/21 10:04 PM

good choice!!

:-)Rocky
Posted by: Shoot870p

Re: My first over & Under.... - 12/24/21 09:24 AM

Looks like a great pick for sure. Good luck on the hunting.
Walker
Posted by: TonyLaPetri

Re: My first over & Under.... - 12/24/21 02:26 PM

Mick,
I shoot skeet with a Browning Citori XS Skeet model. Great gun!
a little on the heavy side ... good for skeet ... about 8.5 pounds. It's about 11 years old, I've owned for about 10 years and haven't had one problem with it.
It was a little too heavy for bird hunting so I just bought a Franchi Instinct SL ... O&U, 12 gauge, but only weighs a little over 6 pounds.
Enjoy the Browning!

Tony
Posted by: Wayne Dengler

Re: My first over & Under.... - 12/25/21 09:20 AM

Mic,
That looks super nice. I am sure that you will have many trouble free years with it.

Wayne
Posted by: mic214

Re: My first over & Under.... - 12/28/21 12:24 PM

I'm excited to try it out. I did a little trap shooting down in New Mexico. I used my Beretta AL390 semi auto and did ok with it. I picked up an older BT-99 and took it out once and got 18 out of 25 with it. But then Covid hit and the trap range shut down.

Once we made the move up here and ended up so close to this new range, I decided to branch out in the shotgunning sports, so the BT-99 went on consignment and this baby came home:)!
Posted by: alan_grombacher

Re: My first over & Under.... - 12/28/21 05:07 PM

Mick,

I have a CXS with 32 inch barrels. I use mine for trap, skeet, and sporting. I really like mine.

Your CX is a nice shotgun. Have fun at the range.

Alan
Posted by: Robert Frey

Re: My first over & Under.... - 12/28/21 07:24 PM

Very nice shotgun!