New Air Rifle

Posted by: Neale_Jenkinson

New Air Rifle - 07/05/20 08:46 AM

Daystate Wolverine R HI Lite .177
Ridiculously accurate,quiet as a mouses fart with a Huggett Belita moderator and 460 shots to each 250 bar air fill,I’m very pleased with it smile
Posted by: Wayne Dengler

Re: New Air Rifle - 07/05/20 09:08 AM

Neale,

That is a super nice piece!!! Lots of shots to an air fill.

With my Air Force Condor 22 PCP,at full power maybe I get 25 shots per fill. At the lowest setting,hopefully 70 but not much more.

At full power,it is louder than a 22LR so I went and purchased a TKO supressor for it. As long as I use a heavier pellet and keep it subsonic,it is whisper quiet.

From a rest,I can keep all shots 1/2 inch at 50 yards.

Looks like you have a nice starling,grackle,pigeon reducer piece there!!!

Wayne
Posted by: Michael_Mason

Re: New Air Rifle - 07/06/20 08:09 AM

Originally Posted By: Wayne Dengler
purchased a TKO supressor for it. Wayne

Wayne,
Is the same paperwork (stamp) required on a suppressor for an air rifle, as is on a regular firearm?
Thank-You...

Re: New Air Rifle - 07/06/20 08:36 AM

Mike,
Nope,air rifles are not considered firearms by the ATF and therefore suppressors for them are not NFA listed. No tax stamp needed.

Many air rifles now come with "sound devices".

The key is to keep the pellets subsonic by using a heavier pellet.

Wayne
Posted by: Michael_Mason

Re: New Air Rifle - 07/06/20 08:51 AM

Originally Posted By: Wayne Dengler
Mike,
Nope,air rifles are not considered firearms by the ATF and therefore suppressors for them are not NFA listed. No tax stamp needed.
Wayne

Thank-You Wayne, interesting....
Posted by: Windsor

Re: New Air Rifle - 07/06/20 05:47 PM

I need to get something in the air rifle flavor for pest control.
Posted by: Sidney_Redford

Re: New Air Rifle - 07/06/20 06:42 PM

I had a air rifle once upon a time, it made as much noise as a 22 short so I just use that , it is legal where I live.
Posted by: Buck Buchanan

Re: New Air Rifle - 07/06/20 11:15 PM

I have a couple Anschutz air rifles that I no longer use. Guess I'll be looking at Gunbroker for these expensive toys.

Re: New Air Rifle - 07/07/20 09:16 AM

Buck,
Pyramidair or Airguns of Arizona are good sources for you to get yourself a nice birthday gift!!

Wayne
Posted by: Windsor

Re: New Air Rifle - 07/07/20 02:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Sidney_Redford
I had a air rifle once upon a time, it made as much noise as a 22 short so I just use that , it is legal where I live.

My HOA has "no firearms discharge" rule.

I have a Buck Mark with a suppressor that I keep prepped in case that pesky skunk shows up again. I can likely argue my way out of trouble if I finally dispatch it.

Other critters that are mere annoyances (possum or dillo), I'm less likely to successfully plead my case.
Posted by: Holzinger258

Re: New Air Rifle - 07/07/20 03:13 PM

Originally Posted By: Sidney_Redford

Sidney, Have you tried any of the quiet .22 ammo? For instance CCI Quiet-22 (40 gr, 710 fps) and Aquila .22 Colibri subsonic (20 gr, 420 fps).
Posted by: Sidney_Redford

Re: New Air Rifle - 07/07/20 07:12 PM

No I have not will have to try them out. Thanks

Re: New Air Rifle - 07/09/20 08:04 AM

Sid,
Depending on what you are going after,maybe CCI CB Longs might work.

They will function through semi autos but they will not operate the action due to lack of sufficient power.

Wayne
Posted by: thevalueman

Re: New Air Rifle - 08/04/20 04:04 PM

I had to "graduate" from air gun to .22....the squirrels were just too far for kill shots...I have to be VERY careful as to my shots....don't want to shoot a passer by...I use these...they are fairly quiet

:-)Rocky

Re: New Air Rifle - 08/05/20 08:13 AM

The Valueman,

Looks like you made a good choice there.

Wayne