Very First Hunting Knife

Posted by: Duke

Very First Hunting Knife - 09/20/16 10:16 AM

Hunting knife builds got me thinking about my very first hunting knives &, of course, very first hunts & the friends, relatives & the hunts. AND, all Hunting knives are Skinners & all Skinning knives are Hunters. Anyway, thought I'd post pics. of the very special ones that were absolutely the ones that did it all on my first, early hunts.......for years. The 3 blade Old Timer (gift from grandpa) will absolutely do it all; easily field dress the Gobbler but also choice of blades to remove privates & tarsal glands, #2 to open it up &#3 to skin out your Buck (or Doe).Not to mention castrating the little pigs when needed. Then, years later, added my old, 2 favorite folding hunters from CASE & UNCLE HENRY & gosh how fast & easy. And man are all of these still sharp!!
Any of you other guys been running through the woods for a long time?
Posted by: Behring Made

Re: Very First Hunting Knife - 09/20/16 11:23 AM

Amazing Duke!

I have in my safe one of my Papa's old Tree Brand folders and from the looks of the edges he used the daylights out of it.

A few years back, Travis here at the shop gave us all a brand new Case knife, that kick started my folder collection.

I'll have to get some photos here to share.

-GC
Posted by: TonyLaPetri

Re: Very First Hunting Knife - 09/20/16 10:01 PM

Great Knives ... and memories, Duke!

Tony
Posted by: GCTom41

Re: Very First Hunting Knife - 09/21/16 07:53 AM

Duke,

The 3 blade Old Timer was one of my first knife purchases.

Great knives and memories.

Tom Flynn
Posted by: Sidney_Redford

Re: Very First Hunting Knife - 09/21/16 11:15 PM

All great knives Duke. The two Case knives are just beautiful. I was trying to get up close to the computer with the magnifier to see when that top Case was made. Couldn't quite make it out.
Posted by: Duke

Re: Very First Hunting Knife - 09/22/16 01:55 PM

Thanks so much Sidney. I'll try to post a couple more, clearer, & relative to their "youth" later today.
I too love this particular CASE Folding Hunter; single, locking blade, (as well as the 2 blade model) and with no small amount of influence from my WWII & Korean War Veteran mentor, & much loved friend have carried/used 1 in all kinds of settings for over 45 years.