Covid 19 update

Posted by: Dirty_Water

Covid 19 update - 06/22/20 08:44 AM

Due to the newest Orange County mandate, the Randall shop and museum are once again CLOSED to visitors until further notice ..
Posted by: RamKingJC

Re: Covid 19 update - 06/22/20 09:44 AM

SMART
Ya'll stay safe please <3
Posted by: Wally

Re: Covid 19 update - 06/22/20 03:03 PM

Wonder will it affect BLADE?
Posted by: Windsor

Re: Covid 19 update - 06/22/20 03:45 PM

Good question. We're approaching the six-weeks-out mark, which is generally when I start shopping flights and whatnot.
Posted by: thevalueman

Re: Covid 19 update - 06/23/20 07:35 AM

Brian Kemp is pretty tuff!!!
I do not think that he will change much....unless it becomes REALLY obvious...a lot of this, as we all know is press driven....they make plenty of notice about the rise in new cases(due mainly to testing), however fail to report the dropping hospitalization rates....as that does not sell....rising cases...lower hospitalizations....product of testing....
We have been open here for quite some time....hospitalizations continue to go lower.....fingers crossed this continues
THANK YOU CCP!!!

:-)Rocky
Posted by: Captain Chris Stanaback

Re: Covid 19 update - 06/23/20 10:15 AM

Rocky,
Maybe in Georgia, but here? Different story. Hospitalizations are up and the patients are getting younger. I contribute part of it to spring break and...of course...the protests.
Best, Capt. Chris
Posted by: Eric

Re: Covid 19 update - 06/23/20 11:47 AM

Hoping for the best, preparing for the worst. Wash your hands Frequently and wear a mask in public. God Bless!

Re: Covid 19 update - 06/23/20 12:06 PM

Since yesterday 326 new cases reported...(Don't know about hospitalized). The previous 3 days were averaging 400-600/day! I'm not a "gloom-n-doomer"..."BUT"...there isn't a let-up, of late. I heard Governor Rick Desantis say New Yorkers were moving out of Manhattan and
moving to Florida at a rate of 1500 per week. Total new residents (per week) estimated at 3,000-5,000.
Best, Capt. Chris

Re: Covid 19 update - 06/23/20 01:08 PM

CAPT!! right on!!
If it isn't negative, we don't hear much of it....If hospitalization rates were rising here, it would be front page news...so, I can only assume they are not...then there is the info....where do you get it...who do you trust to provide it, who has an agenda...who does not...boy, it's never been harder to really understand what's going on today....one thing for sure is that this thing is not going anywhere any time soon...being a virus, I suppose that it will be with us for years to come...maybe always...does anyone really think that there is going to be a cure??? we can't seem beat the flu, why would anyone think that we will be able to beat this thing...
anyway I'm confident that Kemp will keep things open here until it becomes evident that he cannot....AND if that happens, then we are headed for another "shutdown" and, we all know where that will end this time around.
Posted by: GCTom41

Re: Covid 19 update - 06/23/20 01:40 PM

Don't you guys want our Mayor DeBlasio & Governor Cuomo!

Tom Flynn
Posted by: Michael_Mason

Re: Covid 19 update - 06/23/20 01:43 PM

Originally Posted By: GCTom41
Don't you guys want our Mayor DeBlasio & Governor Cuomo!

Tom Flynn

NO
Posted by: GCTom41

Re: Covid 19 update - 06/23/20 01:45 PM

They will give to all of you what they have been giving to us!

It's cruel, I am embarrassed by these a-holes!

Tom Flynn

Re: Covid 19 update - 06/23/20 03:52 PM

Rocky,
I do a Google Search for stats and "never" believe what I hear (or see) from the media. Many of you know my good friend, Gene Beal. Before I had Gene come over to the dark side he had a real job. Pharmaceutical Rep. He keeps me "in the loop" and I can believe what he says because he knows "who to call" and "who to believe". Gene also verifies that Florida's hospitals are growing fuller with Covid-19 cases...Sad!
Best, Capt. Chris

Re: Covid 19 update - 06/23/20 07:41 PM

Capt
If it's is happening in Florida, then it is sad, however there is no real way for us to get around this....it is not going away.....we will have to live with it....or, bury ourselves in a hole, and come out in a year or so....we all know that cannot happen, so, as bad as it is....we will have to deal with it....many folks who end up hospitalized do not die....many come home!!
lets hope more and more come home!!!
This country cannot survive another shutdown, and that is where some would like to see us go...
we should keep in mind where this came from, and who is responsible

Re: Covid 19 update - 06/24/20 08:49 AM

"This country cannot survive another shutdown, and that is where some would like to see us go..."
Rocky, How true..."BUT"...(Aaah: Now I feel better)....The ones that would like to see us go that route don't have jobs anyway and sure as hell aren't working for their selves! (or thinking for their selves either)
Best, Capt. Chris
Posted by: Windsor

Re: Covid 19 update - 06/25/20 03:03 PM

It's happening in Texas, too.

My employer (in Atlanta) announced that they won't be opening the office until 1Sept at the earliest. This means they won't be funding my trip to Blade 2020 (assuming it's still a "go").

I'll sit and wait a bit longer to see if that's going to get canceled or not.