Randall Model #1-6 inch **WITHDRAWN**

Posted by: jcampknife

Randall Model #1-6 inch **WITHDRAWN** - 08/23/18 03:15 PM

$550 $515 $480 (price includes shipping, tracking, and insurance). CONUS.
Paypal friends and family, USPS money order, cashiers check, or personal check only please.
Will ship priority within 24 hours if Paypal or as soon as money clears if other options.

* Randall Model #1-6 inch
* Stainless steel blade
* Black micarta handle
* Nickel silver double hilt
* Wrist thong
* Model A sheath in tan leather

I believe knife is from the late 80s or early 90s do to the FLA stainless stamp. (Someone more knowledgeable than me has told me that is probably not the case) The person I acquired the knife from told me it has never been used or sharpened. Knife has a few scuffs on the hilt and the back of the handle as seen in the photos. Other than that it is in amazing condition. Please let me know if you have any questions or would like more photos.

Thanks for looking!

- John

Posted by: Captain Chris Stanaback

Re: Randall Model #1-6 inch - 08/23/18 05:24 PM

John,
Several reasons why this knife is newer than your beliefs. Call, text or email me & I can explain it.
Best, Capt. Chris
PS:
Voice/Texts: (407) 436-1113
Email: CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

Re: Randall Model #1-6 inch - 08/23/18 10:56 PM

John,
Got your email. Here's some of the reasons why this knife is post mid-90's. Assuming the entire combo is original, which I believe is so:
RMK "logo snaps" were not introduced until late 1994-early 95. The inclusive FLA S blade stamp has been around a long time on 1/4" stock knives. Lastly: Scott Maynard shaped and finished Model #1's from the 1980's well into the 1990's and this blade top cutout looks nothing like his. It was made after his tenure. He may concur at a later date but it's well past his bedtime tonight.
Hope this helps, Capt. Chris
PS: The granulation and lamination on your handle's black micarta is too close and smooth for anything prior to mid-late 1990's-present...CCS

Re: Randall Model #1-6 inch - 08/26/18 10:26 AM

Thanks to the Captain for the extra info and taking the time to share it.

I lowered the price a bit and added Paypal as an option.

Re: Randall Model #1-6 inch - 08/26/18 11:50 AM

John,
Welcome aboard, by the way. I hope we see you contribute in our other forums as well!
Stay sharp, Capt. Chris

Re: Randall Model #1-6 inch - 08/26/18 12:33 PM

Thanks! Just contributed some pictures of the first two Randall knives I purchased. The ones that started my current mini obsession. There is such a wealth of information in these forums I am just trying to read through them as much as I can.

Don't know if that is a good thing though since this forum seems to be doing nothing but making me want to acquire more knives than I could possibly ever use.
Posted by: CrazyCajun

Re: Randall Model #1-6 inch - 08/26/18 01:11 PM

John.... Now you are getting the hang of this!!!! Welcome aboard!
Posted by: Windsor

Re: Randall Model #1-6 inch - 08/26/18 02:02 PM

Careful, it (the RMK obsession) has a way of keeping the wallet empty.

Re: Randall Model #1-6 inch - 09/12/18 11:49 AM

Lowered the price again. Really want to put an order in with Cap for a little bear bowie but told myself I have to sell this one first.

Re: Randall Model #1-6 inch - 09/12/18 11:54 PM

We could always work out a trade!
Just sayin'....Capt. Chris
Posted by: Sphinx3000

Re: Randall Model #1-6 inch - 09/13/18 07:35 AM

Originally Posted By: Windsor
Careful, it (the RMK obsession) has a way of keeping the wallet empty.

You took the words out of my mouth!

Re: Randall Model #1-6 inch - 09/13/18 02:06 PM

Marking as withdrawn. Captain offered me the ability to trade the knife in towards one I have been hoping to order from him. No way I could say no to that! Thanks for looking!

Fee paid.