Holiday Food Prep Photo Contest.

Posted by: Rick_Bowles

Holiday Food Prep Photo Contest. - 12/18/10 01:49 PM

We've been talking lately about using your Randall knife in food preparation and carving so I figured it was time for another photo contest. Let's see an image of your Randall knife in the kitchen preparing or serving your holiday meal. Everyone is encouraged to enter and excellence in photography is not a requirement. This contest is purely for fun, we will all vote for our favorite entry.
If we have at least ten entries I will donate the prize shown below. The winner will receive the All New XL100 Mag-Lite LED Flashlight. The XL100 includes Mag-lite’s Advanced Flashlight User Interface and features a rear push-button tail cap switch coupled with 5 Selectable Modes: Normal Mode - Adjustable brightness, Strobe Mode - Adjustable strobe rate, Signal Mode - On/Off with the twist of the wrist, SOS Mode - Signals International Morse Code. This LED Mag-Lite has been laser etched with the award winning Randall Made Knives letter head logo.
The contest will run till January 1st. 2011 when we will vote on a winner. Needless to say, neither the Chef's knife nor the Santa crab is included with the prize.
Posted by: Peter_Kaufman

Re: Holiday Food Prep Photo Contest. - 12/18/10 07:48 PM

Here is a model 10 5 inch black micarta with a bowl of venison chili, cornbread and a beer

Peter
Posted by: Leatherman

Re: Holiday Food Prep Photo Contest. - 12/21/10 05:19 PM

Posted by: WildBill

Re: Holiday Food Prep Photo Contest. - 12/22/10 02:39 PM

This is a working model 10-5 cutting twine and sausage casings. Making keilbasa for Christmas. Yummy!

Ok, working on resizing - this is my last attempt for this posting. Will get better as we go...

Re: Holiday Food Prep Photo Contest. - 12/22/10 03:45 PM

Here's Bill's entry.
Posted by: Rhett Stidham

Re: Holiday Food Prep Photo Contest. - 12/23/10 11:30 AM

I cannot believe there is not more participation for this contest. The winner's prize is a $75.00 flashlight. Go figure.

Regards,

Rhett
Posted by: TonyLaPetri

Re: Holiday Food Prep Photo Contest. - 12/23/10 01:21 PM

Rhett,
Speaking for myself, it's a very busy time of year. Picking up Family at airports, shopping, decorating,
many commitments ... oh yeah ... that "work" thing keeps getting in the way.
I hope to have an entry from Christmas Day.
There should be plenty of "food prep" in the old LaPetri household!
You know ... MANGIA BENE, and all that!
laugh
Tony
Posted by: Holzinger258

Re: Holiday Food Prep Photo Contest. - 12/23/10 05:47 PM

Hey, Rick, does 'sabering' a champagne bottle count as food preparation?
Posted by: 2ninersavo

Re: Holiday Food Prep Photo Contest. - 12/23/10 06:27 PM

I was going to enter today, I was doing some pre-meal slicing and dicing. I will not be able to now since I wacked my thumb open and I just got back from getting it closed up. So there will be no pictures this year. I hope you guys have a Merry Christmas and a Safe and Happy New Year. 29R

Re: Holiday Food Prep Photo Contest. - 12/23/10 06:43 PM

Jerry,
I hope you'll be ok!!!
Tony
Posted by: Bigkc82

Re: Holiday Food Prep Photo Contest. - 12/23/10 07:52 PM

Been a while since I've posted, but here's a 11-3 put to good use on a few birds from last week.

Posted by: pappy19

Re: Holiday Food Prep Photo Contest. - 12/23/10 08:26 PM

Nice mess of birds, looks really yummy to boot. Soak them in buttermilk for an hour and then shake off excess liquid, flour with seasoned (Tony's) and all-purpose flour, deep fry in Crisco, drain and serve with white(saw-mill) gravy, yeast rolls, green beans, long grain rice, and honey butter....if you need me to come over and cook this for you, let me know.

Pap
Posted by: Bigkc82

Re: Holiday Food Prep Photo Contest. - 12/23/10 09:26 PM

Pap, that sounds good right now. I just might have to try that or just come on over. Sounds like you've done this before.
Posted by: Guido_Bitossi

Re: Holiday Food Prep Photo Contest. - 12/24/10 09:30 AM

Steve...perfect hit and perfect pic...
Bravo
Guido

Re: Holiday Food Prep Photo Contest. - 12/24/10 09:35 AM

Sorry Guys....same as Tony...
Soooo buzy soooo late....
I can post pics only....recepies...next week
Buon Appetito !
Guido
PS....yes! I'm 6h (E T)...late

Re: Holiday Food Prep Photo Contest. - 12/24/10 09:41 AM

Sorry Guys but...I couldn't resist...
I swear !...it's my fridge ....and I read He went to Hawaii...too !
Guido
PS: sorry no Randalls today in my kitchen

Re: Holiday Food Prep Photo Contest. - 12/24/10 09:49 AM

Guido,
I just had breakfast and now I'm hungry again!
What are those delicious looking dishes ... especially that last one,
with one of my favorite ingredients ... pignoli nuts?????
Tony
Posted by: WildBill

Re: Holiday Food Prep Photo Contest. - 12/24/10 11:34 AM

Making Quiche for Christmas morning. Yes, that is a working 10-5 in a working man's kitchen. It slices, it dices and brings the word "man" to the feminine quiche.

Posted by: Laukia

Re: Holiday Food Prep Photo Contest. - 12/24/10 12:20 PM

ready for the smoker then as gifts........
Posted by: Laukia

Re: Holiday Food Prep Photo Contest. - 12/24/10 10:23 PM

Christmas Eve 2010.........

Re: Holiday Food Prep Photo Contest. - 12/26/10 01:18 PM

Hope all Friends here have spent a peaceful X-Mas.
Some note about my pics.
Here in Italy, X-Mas can be celebrate with a dinner in the eve or with a lunch on the 25th.
Generally it should be used to have sea food & fish for dinner and meat for the lunch.
More Eve'dinner in the South and Lunch in the North.
At present? no "rules" anymore...do what you need to do...!

My in law Family was "avid-hunters" family, so why...I became hunter!
All woman were/are sumptuous venison cook.

Pic 1: hog ready to receive its spices as in pic #5
Pic 2&3: hare in sweet & sour cooking
Pic 4: hog ready to receive "spontaneus field herbs"

Note about sweet & sour preparation: NO relation with Chinese s&s stuff.
DOLCE e FORTE(S & S) is the right balance between CHOCCOLATE and RED WINE VINAGRE....and a pinch of sugar...
This mixing is that one could make your dish fabolous or...un-eatable.
Sweet & sour venison cooking is ONLY used here in TUSCANY...
No way to find it elsewhere or in restaurants...it's something is going to be lost in a near fututre....

Pic 5: spices for both preparation but, in this case, only hare got "dolce e forte" S&S blanding in.

BUON APPETITO !
Guido

Re: Holiday Food Prep Photo Contest. - 12/26/10 01:42 PM

Guido,
Mille Grazie! I have to come back to Tuscany to eat this ...
unless you can send me the recipe. You can send it in italian ... I have some family and/or Friends who can translate!!!!
grin

Re: Holiday Food Prep Photo Contest. - 12/26/10 02:36 PM

Our Randall Carving set was busy on Christmas Day ...
First ...

Re: Holiday Food Prep Photo Contest. - 12/26/10 02:47 PM

Originally Posted By: TonyLaPetri
Our Randall Carving set was busy on Christmas Day ...
First ...

I wish I was a guest at your house Tony! That looks fantastic!

Re: Holiday Food Prep Photo Contest. - 12/26/10 03:02 PM

The main event ... Stracotto! An Italian Pot Roast ... after browning, it is cooked for 4 hours ...
low temp ... in red wine with onions, garlic, beef broth, porcini mushrooms, rosemary, thyme.
This was an easy job for the Randall ... the meat just fell apart. It is served with the gravy from the pot!
Along with polenta and a layered Vegetable Parmesan. The wine in the photo is a Chianti Classico 2007 from Castello di Verrazzano.
A Winery that Barb and I visited in Tuscany ... where Giovanni Verrazzano comes from!!!!!!! He's almost as famous as that present day
Randall-collecting resident of Tuscany that we all know and love! laugh laugh laugh

Re: Holiday Food Prep Photo Contest. - 12/26/10 03:17 PM

Tony!....if you were able to cook the stracotto...you can also try to manage hogs & hares....
PS: "stracotto".....litteraly...over cooked...but in this case: coked for long time.

Re: Holiday Food Prep Photo Contest. - 12/26/10 03:27 PM

Leatherman,
Thank You.
Whenever you're in the NYC area you are welcome at our home!
Tony

Re: Holiday Food Prep Photo Contest. - 12/26/10 03:28 PM

Guido,
Grazie! I can't wait to try!
Ciao,
Tony

Re: Holiday Food Prep Photo Contest. - 12/26/10 03:44 PM

Originally Posted By: TonyLaPetri
Leatherman,
Thank You.
Whenever you're in the NYC area you are welcome at our home!
Tony

I have only been to NY once, it was a great time! we even got to see Niagara falls! It is such a beautiful place in the early fall!
Posted by: Peter_Kaufman

Re: Holiday Food Prep Photo Contest. - 12/26/10 06:37 PM

Here is my new model 4, 6 inch model 6 grind with a before and after picture of some rib cutting, they are delicious

Peter
Posted by: pappy19

Re: Holiday Food Prep Photo Contest. - 12/26/10 07:49 PM

Hey Peter, I like it. I'll bet those ribs were so tender, it didn't even make a mark on that new Randall. The fact that you used it is a compliment to both the Randall and to you. Randall's are made to use; you go Bro'.

Pap
Posted by: bedink

Re: Holiday Food Prep Photo Contest. - 12/26/10 08:09 PM

This was our dinner tonight. A little venison from Nebraska, with chateau potatoes, to top it off a nice Pinot Noir from Mendocino County. The boys out West aren't much on Politics, but they sure can make a nice bottle of Vino.

Re: Holiday Food Prep Photo Contest. - 12/26/10 09:18 PM

Over the holidays I've had the opportunity to test drive the new Randall Chef's knife. While making beef stew today I put the new Randall through most of the tasks I require of a utility prep knife. I must admit that I was skeptical at first, mainly because I don't usually employ a one-off Randall for kitchen duty! However, I was pleasantly surprised to find the new Chef's Knife was equal to any challenge I asked of it. It effortlessly sliced, chopped, diced, minced and even chopped through a chuck roast bone. After cleaning it with warm, soapy water it looked as new as when I received it.

Re: Holiday Food Prep Photo Contest. - 12/27/10 01:32 AM

Nice set up Rick.... wink
Very...very gelous about your...test drive ! sick
Guido

Re: Holiday Food Prep Photo Contest. - 01/01/11 06:44 PM

A bump to get this back to the main page for review. Y'all vote for your favorite.