Randall #4-6", "Fighter"...New for 2011 !!

Posted by: Captain Chris Stanaback

Randall #4-6", "Fighter"...New for 2011 !! - 11/30/10 08:12 PM

Dear RKS members,
I am happy to announce a new addition to the Randall knife line-up for 2011! It is the Model #4-6", "Fighter". With an old ancestry (Zacharias Fighter), this perfectly-balanced fighter utilizes the styling of the old warhorse...but trims it down in length to offer a sweet combat Bowie! Along the same lines as the "RKS "IV" Club Knife", this smaller, lighter, more manageable knife will feel just right in your hand!
Another advantage of the new #4-6 Fighter is the availability of options not previously offered on this type of knife. Like the Model #1, "All-Purpose Fighter", this #4-6 Fighter is available in carbon or stainless steel. You can choose from a host of handle materials...from the Randall shop or supplied by you! The same ordering limitations (no more than 5 chargeable options, etc.) apply to the #4-6, Fighter as other Randall models.
Here's a breakdown of the standard, catalog (or "non-catalog" in this case) configuration for this splendid knife:

* 6" carbon steel blade is standard
* Hand-forged from 1/4" stock
* Top bevel sharpened
* 4 3/4" handle length
* Brass double hilt
* Leather handle
* Duralumin butt cap
* Model "A" sheath included
* Price: $355.00 (as shown)

Take a look at a few photos I shot at Greg's shop (Sullivan's Leather) this afternoon. This knife reminds me of a "SOG" Bowie, one of the best designs around. It started out with a Randall design from the W.W.II era and has been transformed into what you see today! The final sheath design is still in the planning stages...but it's a sweet lookin' "Fighter"!!
Best, Capt. Chris Stanaback
Posted by: TonyLaPetri

Re: Randall #4-6", "Fighter"...New for 2011 !! - 11/30/10 08:44 PM

WOW!
This is a winner!
Thanks for the photos Cap!!!!
Tony
Posted by: Leatherman

Re: Randall #4-6", "Fighter"...New for 2011 !! - 11/30/10 09:39 PM

wow what else are they working on!!!
Posted by: Condor

Re: Randall #4-6", "Fighter"...New for 2011 !! - 11/30/10 09:50 PM

Don't know whether it will catch on or not, but I've already dubbed this the "Little Big Bear Bowie."
Posted by: Dirty_Water

Re: Randall #4-6", "Fighter"...New for 2011 !! - 11/30/10 10:36 PM

Uhhh..., NO...

---DW---
Posted by: Peter S.

Re: Randall #4-6", "Fighter"...New for 2011 !! - 12/01/10 03:47 AM

Wooow.
That knife looks really awesome!
I think, itīs a must have for me?! laugh
Posted by: Oldvetnam1

Re: Randall #4-6", "Fighter"...New for 2011 !! - 12/01/10 04:09 AM

Great looking kniofe.
Posted by: Neale_Jenkinson

Re: Randall #4-6", "Fighter"...New for 2011 !! - 12/01/10 10:25 AM

That has got to be the neatest out of the box RMK offering yet,great grind and blade length and I've always loved leather handles,just when you think you've seen it all,inspired design.
Posted by: Tom Vaught

Re: Randall #4-6", "Fighter"...New for 2011 !! - 02/26/11 07:52 PM

I was told today that the only two handle configurations for the #4-6" fighter would be a leather handle or a "straight" handle, (no finger grooves, no single finger groove, etc. What I think you can get is a conventional Model #1 hilt, a piece of ivorite, and a Duralumin buttcap. Yes, I suppose that you can get a stainless blade, ivorite, a nickle silver hilt and Duralumin buttcap so I count that as 4 options, right cap?

Where are all of the options (same as model #1)?

Re: Randall #4-6", "Fighter"...New for 2011 !! - 02/26/11 09:05 PM

You can get any of the handles (material-wise) that the shop has available, i.e.:
Leather
Walnut
Rosewood
Maple
Black micarta
Green micarta
Maroon micarta
Red & blie micarta
Ivorite micarta
Stag

You can have metal spacers to match the hilt color, etc. Butt caps are doable. I ordered a "commando" shaped and was turned down....It is what it is...and: YES, Stainless "is" available. Hope this helps
Best, Capt. Chris
Posted by: Tom Vaught

Re: Randall #4-6", "Fighter"...New for 2011 !! - 02/26/11 09:58 PM

It is what it is.

Re: Randall #4-6", "Fighter"...New for 2011 !! - 02/26/11 11:17 PM

Tom,
I was told (initially) that anything available on a Model #1 would also apply to the #4-6" with the exception of sawteeth. This is not the case. I have found, as have you, that there are limitations...
Best, Capt. Chris
Posted by: Condor

Re: Randall #4-6", "Fighter"...New for 2011 !! - 02/28/11 06:08 PM

I just found out today that CW handle material is acceptable, though. 1-1/8" x 1-1/4" x 4-3/4". Bye.