Knife Of The Week Model 27

Posted by: vklough46

Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 04/13/08 08:19 AM

Thank to all who have participated thus far.

From the current catalog:

Quote:

Model 27 "Trailblazer" -- 5 3/4" blade of 1/4" stock. Brass single hilt. New 13-spacer configuration includes red micarta sections. Stag handle. Brass 1/16" plate. An ideal all-around heavy-duty sportman's knife. This handle configuration is unique to the Model #27 an dis not offered on other models. Options available: stainless steel blade, nickel silver hilt and butt plate, or #25 handle configuration with brass or nickel siler hilt.

In 2000 I showed a friend of mine, Wally, a new Randall catalog. When he turned to the page with Model 27, his response was Wow! He's usually a fairly reserved, almost oaf-like, character which is probably good because he's 6' 6" and on a light day about 325 lbs. He told me, "I have to have one of these knives." Now I had been talking to him about Randall knives for quite a few years. His response was usually "that's nice" and being an oaf, he never got around to ordering one. Four years later (2004) Wally had to have hip replacement surgery. So I talked with a few friends and thought that a Randall #27 would be a great get well present. So we all chipped in and got him a Randall Model 27. Wally's response? "Wow!" Dale Dorris (Cabinet Man), being the great guy that he is, made and gave Wally a cabinet. Wally's 27 has probably never been in the field, but it sure looks good in the cabinet that Dale made.

This will be our final thread for Model of the Week. I want to thank everyone for posting pictures and information about their Randall knives. I feel that we have been extremely fortunate to have been able to see all the catalog models. I personally have learned a lot. I've had a lot of enjoyment and I hope you all have too.

Lady and gentlemen, may we please see some Model 27s?

Kevin

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 04/13/08 08:40 AM

Here are my 27s.

Posted by: JesseEgnew

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 04/13/08 09:07 AM

Here is my one 27
Posted by: Cabinet_Man

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 04/13/08 10:38 AM

Some nice ones posted already Here are a couple that I have in my collection. I personally haven't used either one of these for hunting/skinning chores. Have any of you used a 27 for skinning deer (or any other animals for that matter)?
~dale

standard handle...

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 04/13/08 10:42 AM

25 style handle...

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 04/13/08 12:42 PM

You know, I have been thinking about this being the last post for the knife of the week threads. I for one am really going to miss this... you never know if there is going to be an interesting topic or two when you log on, but one thing for certain you could always depend on was "the knife of the week" with all the beauties shown from our different collections. I would like to take this opportunity to say "thank you" Kevin for diligently posting every Sunday morning just like clockwork. I have really enjoyed this, and think it was a great idea! I think you should be rewarded for all your work in undertaking a project such as this that went on every week for half a year! Sometimes things sound easy and simple at first, but to keep up with it week after week (without missing a beat, or calling in sick even one time-ha) when we all have so much going on already can be quite demanding. I also noticed that you took the time to hand type all the info from the book on each post, rather than scanning each page (which would have been the easy way out). I'll give it some thought... some of the other members please throw out some ideas too... maybe we all can come up with a little something for you to show our appreciation for not giving up midstream. I have no idea what it would be, but hopefully others will have suggestions.
~dale
Posted by: Dennis

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 04/13/08 01:06 PM

Sorry about the quality of the image. L to R: RKS, 2000 stag, 2001 red smooth stag, 2005 white stag, 2007 Warther ivory, RKS.

Posted by: Captain Chris Stanaback

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 04/13/08 01:31 PM

Dale,
PM sent....
I have a couple of Model #27's and "ONE", original "Trailblazer", i.e. "non-catalog" Model "TB", including the "TB" sheath. I have used the "TB" quite a bit. If anyone is around and wants to post my pics, I'll be glad to send them to you. The "Trailblazer" shows some signs of usage and stains, as it is carbon steel. I use a #27 sheath and do not carry the "TB"-stamped sheath. My name is etched on the blade. It has thumb notches and a wrist thong as well.
The "other" one is "NTB" handled, stainless and drop-dead beautiful! It is a safe queen....for now anyway.
The #27 works well on whitetail and hogs. It's too big for turkey. It feels and looks like a Model #3 on steroids! Hope someone steps up to the plate (speaking of steroids) and volunteers to post the pics.
Best, Capt. Chris

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 04/13/08 02:02 PM

Got the pics from Capt. Stanaback...

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 04/13/08 02:03 PM

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 04/13/08 02:04 PM

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 04/13/08 02:06 PM

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 04/13/08 02:07 PM

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 04/13/08 02:08 PM

This one above has a great looking handle!
~dale

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 04/13/08 02:19 PM

P.S.
Chris,
After re-reading your post...

Quote:

The "other" one is "NTB" handled, stainless and drop-dead beautiful! It is a safe queen....for now anyway.
The #27 works well on whitetail and hogs. It's too big for turkey. It feels and looks like a Model #3 on steroids! Hope someone steps up to the plate (speaking of steroids) and volunteers to post the pics.
Best, Capt. Chris

I appreciate the info on carrying one as a user. I, for the life of me, cannot figure out what an "NTB" handle is though... am I just brain dead today?
~dale

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 04/13/08 05:03 PM

Here's another one I have a pic of... this knife is not mine, but belonged to a friend of mine that lives in FL, but I do have pics! It has the darker maroon color micarta as opposed to the "red" color on mine.
~dale

Posted by: tomthbomb

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 04/13/08 06:11 PM

No time to take photos today so I will post the old photo of my famous levitating #27 with the root beer color micarta center section.

Posted by: Chief

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 04/13/08 08:44 PM

Hope it's OK to post one re-handled by Jim Behring?

See Ya, Chief
Posted by: lummox

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 04/14/08 07:30 AM

Tom, that levitating #27 is a beauty, but be warned: Costa Rica is just outside your window!

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 04/14/08 08:22 AM

Quote:

Tom, that levitating #27 is a beauty, but be warned: Costa Rica is just outside your window!

Thanks but that's just the tomthbomb swamp.

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 04/14/08 09:16 AM

Dale,
Mine is an "NTB". Your's is a "BTB". Does "that" help? Best, Capt. Chris

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 04/14/08 11:24 AM

Well, I am guessing the TB portion is for Trail Blazer but have no idea what the "N" or the "B" stands for... got me puzzled on that one.
~dale

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 04/14/08 11:40 AM

"NTB" stands for a "standard, traditional" Trailblazer handle (i.e. 13 spacers as opposed to a "trapper", Model #25-styled handle), with "nickel silver hardware". "BTB"?? Same description, except "brass" fittings.
Of course: Ya'll know that with nickel silver fittings there is always one brass spacer and with brass fittings here is always one aluminum spacer...Right?? I hope this clears all of the "NTB" and "BTB" coding up. Best for now,
Capt. Chris
Posted by: MARK

Thanks for taking the time to - 04/14/08 12:13 PM

Kevin
I want to say thank you for taking the time to post the "Model of the Week" threads. For a new member and for someone who is in awe of RMK's this thread is something I looked forward to every Sunday. To be able to read the history, see some some fabulous photos and get first hand information is ...... well it is something I will miss.
Again THANK YOU and to all the weekly participants.

The Model 27 is a beautiful blade and I may have to find a way to acquire one of them!

Mark
Posted by: BOB_TEATES

Re: Thanks for taking the time to - 04/14/08 01:06 PM

the 27's in my collection. Bob
Posted by: charliedoyle

Re: Thanks for taking the time to - 04/14/08 04:43 PM

Kevin,

I have enjoyed all of the Model of the Weeks that I have been around for, Thank You!

I have tried to search for some of the past "Model of the Week" postings and due to the 200 thread max on the search can never get back to the early ones. Since they are often a great resource for research I am wondering if we could have a permanent link to all 27 threads? That would be great!!!

Thanks Again

Re: Thanks for taking the time to - 04/14/08 05:20 PM

I didn't notice that until you said something but I could only go back to model 14 (in January) when looking just now. A link, as you mentioned, would be a good idea since there is lots of good info and photos in each one.
~dale

MODEL 14

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 04/14/08 05:40 PM

Great job on the Model O' th Week Kevin!

I hope you continue with the uncatalogued models.
Posted by: Rick_Bowles

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 04/14/08 06:40 PM

As it happens I'm currently working on a customers model #27. I don't generally like to show a piece until it's finished but since it's model 27 week and I won't finish it for a couple of more weeks, I figure I'd better shoot it now.

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 04/14/08 06:45 PM

I love meeses! What a great scene for the white background.
very nice,
~dale

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 04/14/08 07:30 PM

Great looking moose Rick.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I have enjoyed every week's model, and everyone's participation.

For Charlie and anyone else who is interested, I will send them a CD with all the models of the week threads, free of charge. I will of course need to clear this with Rhett. So please PM me if interested.

Kevin
Posted by: Ausblade

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 04/15/08 03:25 AM

Quote:

Great job on the Model O' th Week Kevin!

I hope you continue with the uncatalogued models.

I'll second that.

Just the ones without model numbers. Combat Companion, Denmark Special, Fireman Special, GTR Special, Gambler, Cattleman and Triathelete.
Posted by: silverknife

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 04/15/08 05:56 AM

...and let's not forget the dealer specials either. Bowles, TC, Sasquatch, Stanaback, Sergent's, (RIP), Kenefeck, etc.

Good Job, Hot Pants, don't stop now!

Regards, Doug
Posted by: TonyLaPetri

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 04/15/08 09:20 AM

Kevin,
Great job on a great post! THANKS!!
I'd be interested in the CD if it happens.
Thanks again,
Tony

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 04/15/08 11:05 PM

Quote:

For Charlie and anyone else who is interested, I will send them a CD with all the models of the week threads, free of charge. I will of course need to clear this with Rhett. So please PM me if interested.

Kevin

WOW! Very nice thing to do Kevin. Thanks! I'll call you this week... I'd like one too. There were lots of nice photos in those threads, not to mention all the info that came about regarding the models. Are you sure you don't need something to cover the cost of making them?
~dale
Posted by: charliedoyle

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 04/16/08 09:10 AM

I think it would be easier, cheaper and more beneficial to all if we could establish a link to each of the 27 weeks and leave it permanantly at the top. It is very generous of Kevin to make this offer though
Posted by: Guido_Bitossi

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 04/18/08 10:32 AM

Kevin !
thanks a lot for your hard job.
Here's my selection of 27s:

from left: 25 handle, Hutchinson' screem, TB, old yella, brown mic & Stoddard's.....YES it's a Stoddard's.
Unfortunately...No TB sheath.
Best
Guido

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 04/19/08 06:31 AM

Thanks to everyone for a great week of Randall 27's.
I feel fortunate to have seen so many beautiful Randalls.

Kevin

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 04/19/08 06:51 AM

Guido,
The "3rd from the right" looks familiar. Is it, possibly, a different knife from the "RKS" model? Best, Capt. Chris

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 04/21/08 08:56 AM

Sorry Capt.
I missed something....as usual..
From R to L: Stoddard's, 25 hnd BM, RKS.
Yes it's a RKS.
Best
Guido
Posted by: Rick_Bowles

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 05/04/08 01:17 PM

I've finished the Moose scene.

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 05/04/08 01:23 PM

Rick,
Beautiful work, as always.
While canoeing in Maine, it's a special day when we spot a moose!
Tony
Posted by: 1gunner

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 05/04/08 01:26 PM

Rick,absolutely amazing scrim. You are a gifted artist.Thanks for sharing.Tom #3081
Posted by: bp682

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 05/04/08 03:25 PM

Rick great looking scrim...

Barry
RKS4451
Posted by: 7033grip

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 05/04/08 03:27 PM

I really like the trees.

Dubie

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 05/04/08 08:39 PM

Rick You are like a Scrim machine set on Amazing!!! Thanks for sharing.

See Ya, Chief
Posted by: lunde

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 10/19/08 09:49 PM

Nickel Silver furniture on this one:

Posted by: RKS3500

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 06/08/09 11:58 PM

Just received from the shop, it's a keeper, thanks again #'s 2 thru 18, you guys are awesome, should all be deemed Mastersmith's!

Rob

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 06/09/09 10:25 AM

Rob,
Great Looking #27!
The black sheath goes well with this one!
Tony

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 06/09/09 09:11 PM

Rob -- I'm really glad to see the wide bevel/grind along the spine of your 27. For the past 6-7 years the bevel has been shrinking and most newer 27s look like Ken's (no offense, it's still a 27!!!). I prefer the original grind--really obvious in the RKS3 (sorry for the quality and ren wax).

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 06/20/09 03:58 PM

Here are my #27 knives. One has Brass furniture, and the other has Nickel Silver. Note how the middle spacer of the 13-spacer configuration is Silver for the Brass one, and Brass for the Nickel Silver one.

I really like how the butt plate follows the contours of the stag handle.

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 07/02/09 01:15 PM

Rob...and others:
Your stag is terrific! I just opened this one. It came out this month! Amazing amber sambar stag...like yours. Enjoy!!
Best, Capt. Chris

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 07/02/09 01:19 PM

Sorry about the afternoon sunlight. Try again...
Best, Capt. Chris

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 07/02/09 01:22 PM

One more try...handle only:
Best, Capt. Chris

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 07/02/09 01:54 PM

Here's one with a "Trapper" handle, musk ox!
Best, Capt. Chris

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 07/02/09 01:59 PM

Quite a bit of difference between one side and the other. Just one of the reasons why I love this stuff!
Best, Capt. Chris
Posted by: 2ninersavo

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 07/02/09 04:16 PM

That sure is a nice knife. I would be scared to use it and stand a chance to get it all dirty.29R

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 07/02/09 09:34 PM

Capt-Beautiful Musk Ox 27.

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 07/19/09 03:20 PM

Found this one in the mailbox yesterday.

Posted by: tglassco

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 07/19/09 04:12 PM

Beautiful Knife Tom!

There's a rumor going around that you like micarta.
Posted by: Bill_Jacobs

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 08/25/09 09:36 PM

Here's a Gary Harbour color scrimed 27. Sure looks like Dubie and a couple of buddies out there fishing again.
Posted by: Bill_Jacobs

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 08/25/09 09:42 PM

Here's the rest of the 27 on a Dale Dorris stand.

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 02/13/10 05:37 PM

Group shot!

The depth of the Randall stamps is interesting.
Which one do I prefer? The one I am looking at.

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 02/13/10 06:14 PM

Nice pod of 27s Tom.
Thanks for taking the time to post on Knife Of The Week.

Kevin

John 6:46
Posted by: Tanasie

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 04/11/10 01:03 PM

Kevin..here's my Model #27 "Trailblazer".
Posted by: tglassco

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 04/11/10 02:05 PM

Tom,

That looks like a Buffet

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 04/11/10 02:39 PM

Rex,
Great looking stag on that baby!
Tony

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 04/11/10 07:19 PM

Beautiful RMK 27 Rex. Gorgeous stag
Thanks for taking the time to post on The Knife Of The Week.

Kevin
Posted by: Oldvetnam1

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 04/12/10 04:13 AM

Great knife Rex wih a great stag handle. Thanks for posting.
Posted by: Litch

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 04/12/10 04:23 AM

Tom, that is a great collection of Trailblazers!
It is interesting to see how much the width of the blades varies.
Like the 2nd and 4th from the top: both with a similar handle configuration but the blades make them look very differently.

Best,
Peter

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 04/12/10 04:24 AM

Wow Rex, that stag is gorgeous!

Peter

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 04/30/10 04:51 PM

This is a nice one - fat stag!

Best, Peter

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 04/30/10 06:46 PM

Fat stag on a Trail Blazer is the best!
Nice One, Peter!
Tony
Posted by: PATCH

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 04/30/10 06:58 PM

I really like the way that knife looks. The brass and the maroon spacers really complement the coloring of the stag. Thanks for sharing, Peter.

Scott

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 04/30/10 07:45 PM

Really beautiful stag on that one.
Posted by: Michael_Mason

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 04/30/10 09:04 PM

I don't know if it is me or what, but with these upgrades that have been done on the forums, the colors in the pictures seem so much more vivid than before. This particular thread seemed to bring that to notice. With all the color that you have in the 27, they stand out now. The knives seem as if you could almost hold them in your hand. I really like it.

Michael Mason
RKS # 4382
Posted by: Peter_Kaufman

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 11/03/10 07:37 PM

I got home today and this guy was waiting for me at the front door. Direct from Rick Ward in Atlanta, my first model 27 Trailblazer with SS blade, thumb notches, BTB handle with really dark stag, wrist thong and black sheath.

Don't worry though, I have an ironwood knife coming this month yet.

Peter

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 11/03/10 08:00 PM

That is a keeper! Very nice!

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 11/03/10 09:27 PM

Peter,
That's a really nice lookin' 27!
A very distinctive Randall!
Tony
Posted by: pappy19

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 11/03/10 10:58 PM

Absolutely a beauty!! What stag!! I have a 27 on order in "the regular" way and it's not due for a couple more years. Super nice one Peter-

Pap
Posted by: Peter S.

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 11/04/10 04:58 AM

Wooow, really beautys!

I think a Trailblazer have to find the way to me, too!

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 11/04/10 05:16 AM

Great knife Peter. Beautiful piece of stag.

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 11/04/10 07:51 AM

Thanks Guys
I saw the stag on that one and said ooh!, I have to get that one. It is really nice to see the knife before you buy it, and I didn't have a Trailblazer yet.

Peter
Posted by: TienD

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 10/15/11 08:46 PM

This is one of my TrailBlazers ...
Posted by: Jim459

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 10/15/11 11:23 PM

That is a beautiful Trailblazer. The materials really go well with each other. It is esthetically pleasing. Bravo!

Jim
Posted by: Leatherman

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 10/16/11 05:44 AM

what kind of wood is that?

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 10/16/11 10:08 AM

Thanks Jim!
Ben, it's ironwood.
Posted by: Rick Magee

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 10/16/11 01:52 PM

Brass, leather and ironwood - great combo!

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 10/16/11 02:27 PM

ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC RANDALL!!!!
One of the nicest #27s I've seen.
Tony
Posted by: Robert Frey

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 10/16/11 04:22 PM

I really like the way that Brass, Leather, and Ironwood looks together !!!

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 10/16/11 06:12 PM

Great Trailblazer, you can't go wrong with ironwood, and I know ironwood smile

Peter

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 10/22/11 07:14 PM

Thanks All for your compliments!!
Here are some more TrailBlazers. I felt lonely to comtemplate them just myself. smile
Posted by: Rick Magee

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 10/23/11 10:49 AM

Super nice!

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 10/23/11 04:28 PM

EXCELLENT!
Posted by: Manuel

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 07/19/12 10:53 AM

My first Randall arrived this week! laugh

Here's my new Model 27 with an old K22.

I know pic is a little dark... I'll try and take better pics in natural light soon.

Regards,
Manuel
Posted by: Buck Buchanan

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 07/19/12 11:58 AM

Wow Manuel, two Classics in one photo!

Add a few more related items and enter the photo in the Picture Gallery.

Consider using a stick of molding clay to prop the K22 up on the left side of the cylinder to lose the shell in the trigger guard.

Your best bet on natural light is moving everything there outside on an overcast day. Less shadows. Put camera on tripod, use ISO 100 or 200, "Aperture Preferred" or "A" setting on camera at f/11 or f/16. If you can select focus point, put it on the trademark.

Camera will select shutter speed for you, thus the tripod. Use self-timer to avoid camera shake instead of you pressing the shutter button yourself.

You will be surprised by the results. Hope this helps.

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 07/19/12 12:17 PM

Manuel, looks like you've got fine depth of field, since the S & W trademark is almost sharp. Love those diamond grips.

Here's your photo lightened up in Photoshop 5.

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 07/19/12 12:30 PM

Buck,
Thank you... I appreciate the feedback! I'll make those adjustments if possible (I have to see if my little Canon supports those settings first!) and repost.
Regards,
Manuel

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 07/19/12 04:59 PM

Your first Randall! Congratulations ... it's a beauty!!!

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 07/19/12 05:27 PM

Manuel
Nice Trailblazer, and welcome to the wonderful world of Randall knife collecting.
You need to order a new mini Trailblazer now too smile

Peter

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 07/20/12 09:03 AM

Originally Posted By: Peter_Kaufman
Manuel
Nice Trailblazer, and welcome to the wonderful world of Randall knife collecting.
You need to order a new mini Trailblazer now too smile

Peter

Yep... looking at possibly two for my girls! wink

Regards

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 07/20/12 10:19 AM

For all those lazy Guys don't wish to scroll back pages...here a new set up for my old RMK #27s post.
Some'R gone...some went...in !

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 07/20/12 01:33 PM

Ah ...
Very Nice Knives ... AND sheaths!!!!
Posted by: Steven

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 07/20/12 09:01 PM

Very nice.

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 09/12/12 11:22 AM

Just received my mini 27 yesterday, looks great and the stag matches my 27 pretty well.
everyone should have at least one smile

Peter

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 09/12/12 01:11 PM

Perfect match and very nice pair. Now if they were ironwood......

Pap
Posted by: kalervo

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 09/12/12 03:07 PM

Guido and Peter, you have some real eye candy there. :-)

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 09/12/12 05:32 PM

That little guy is almost "cute" ... shocked laugh

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 09/12/12 09:48 PM

Pete,

You probably have one of the first 50, since they started releasing them this month. I've got a couple coming in a few weeks. One is going to Texas and one staying here at Fort Bragg.

Congrats.

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 09/12/12 10:02 PM

Thanks guys

I soon as I heard they were available, I ordered one, and am really lucky and happy that the stag is similar to the full size one.
I wish I had been collecting RMK when the early minis were introduced

Peter
Posted by: Byrdguy

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 09/12/12 10:55 PM

Yeah, you have a really nice matched pair there, Peter.

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 09/12/12 11:37 PM

They do look nicely matched.

Great looking pair!
Posted by: HALORANGER

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 09/13/12 05:51 AM

Peter great pair. Capt showed me one of the mini's last weekend and it would make a fine user.
Posted by: Billy Poyner

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 09/13/12 07:30 AM

Peter,
Very nice,my mini 27 arrived last week also.Got the N/S set up
on mine so matches the larger one I've had for years..
Enjoy..

Billy Poyner
RKCC CM021 RKS 5030
NRA Endowment
MM

Variations on a theme - 09/19/12 10:09 PM

You would expect the new Model 27 to be similar to every other mini 27, but the stag will vary - sometimes dramatically. Here are three examples - what I call standard stag, then large/chunky and finally dark red. For comparison I added a full size Trailblazer.
Posted by: Jay G

Re: Variations on a theme - 09/19/12 10:38 PM

Jim,

You've been busy! Great looking set - I'm especially fond of the dark red stag. Thank you for sharing.

Have a good Thursday,

Jay

Re: Variations on a theme - 09/20/12 11:10 AM

That red is very nice, heck they are all nice but that darker stag sends me.

Re: Variations on a theme - 09/20/12 11:17 AM

Very interesting the darker stag seems to be preferred. Since I don't normally collect stag handled knives I am taking note of that preference.

Re: Variations on a theme - 09/20/12 11:32 AM

Here is the back side.

Re: Variations on a theme - 09/20/12 05:38 PM

I think the top Mini matches the 27 very well, definitely the pair to keep together.

Re: Variations on a theme - 09/20/12 10:58 PM

You are correct. The top two were especially selected to match as closely as possible.

Jim

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 01/17/13 10:24 AM

Just in, ordered March 2008, back when I wasn't aware of all of the options. Standard 27 nickel silver with left-hand sheath.
I couldn't have picked better stag myself. Stamp is perfect as are grinds. Thanks shop guys for a superb job and such nice stag. Definitely worth the wait.

Peter

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 01/17/13 10:34 AM

Very nice peter, looks like it would make a great skinner, food prep knife. I would patina the blade IMO it would look great with the stag and other furniture.

What options would you have specced now that your "in the know"?

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 01/17/13 10:46 AM

Nice Peter!
Is it going to be a user?

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 01/17/13 10:48 AM

Ben
I would have definitely gone for the wrist thong, and perhaps thumb notches and stainless, but I am really happy with it the way it is. I wasn't going to put in a change order on it

Peter

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 01/17/13 11:00 AM

Yeah I can understand the wrist thong.

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 01/17/13 11:07 AM

Peter
Where is the Ironwood? Ha Ha. That is great stag. Nice stag is always great to see. The shop did a great job on that one.
Posted by: rodbrown

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 01/17/13 12:57 PM

Peter

That is good looking stag on that knife. Is it a user or a safe queen?
Posted by: LarryWW1246

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 01/17/13 04:02 PM

Peter--

Showing off some nice stag!

And I am envisioning similar stag on a couple of miniatures I expect to receive soon.

Actually, looking at your photos, this could almost be a miniature....

Larry
Posted by: CrazyCajun

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 01/17/13 04:32 PM

Here's a #27 I found in my continued pursuit of the perfect knife... Still searching!!

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 01/17/13 05:46 PM

That thing is hott!

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 01/17/13 05:57 PM

Thanks guys
Ironwood is still number 1 with me, but I like stag too.
I probably won't use this one as I primarily use a #28, a Chef's knife and the carving set for most of my fixed knife tasks.

Steve, great stag on yours, is that shop stag?

Peter

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 01/17/13 06:24 PM

Peter, I do not know for sure. I would doubt it but ya never know. The "Box of Chocolate" theory. I picked it up from a guy out west who got it at a show in Arizona..... Found a 3-7 with almost twin like stag at the Gator Knife Show last year!

Is a keeper... not a user. User's are 23/Srg/Denmark Spl.

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 01/17/13 08:35 PM

Thanks Leatherman. Might have overpaid a bit but did not think it was shop stag!

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 01/18/13 09:20 AM

Very distinctive stag! A beauty.

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 01/18/13 09:29 AM

Originally Posted By: CrazyCajun
Thanks Leatherman. Might have overpaid a bit but did not think it was shop stag!

I have overpaid for Randall's in the past, I do not regret it at all!

Although now that I have enough orders into the shop and I regularly order with the Capt so I don't buy on Ebay anymore.

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 01/18/13 09:49 AM

Nice fat stag. I like that handle.

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 05/06/13 10:40 PM

A few of my favorite Randall's...

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 05/06/13 10:45 PM

Well then...... That's a lot of .... steel!
Nice photo!

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 05/06/13 10:50 PM

Thanks Steve.

Rob

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 05/07/13 04:06 AM

Beautiful knives, Rob, fantastic line-up.
I especially like the ones with a little "curve" in the handle like the 3rd and 4th.

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 05/07/13 08:59 AM

Nice collection within a collection Rob!
Posted by: BobG

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 03/28/14 08:30 PM

This #27 just came in from Captain Chris. I have to admit, I’m always totally impressed by the flawless quality of every knife that comes out of the Randall shop…
Posted by: desert.snake

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 05/08/14 05:53 PM

Finally I got to the knife!

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 05/08/14 10:38 PM

Hope this helps. Regrets if I left out the cat and some of the background in a few images.
Posted by: desert.snake

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 05/09/14 12:54 PM

Oh thank you!
Which program do you have altered photos? smile

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 05/09/14 10:06 PM

The "600 pound gorilla" AKA Photoshop 6

A very good alternative will be Adobe's Photoshop Elements version 12(?).

It can do what I did.
Posted by: Daniele

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 05/13/14 04:36 PM

i love that stag... great looking knife, thanks for sharing
best,
Posted by: jclarksnakes

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 02/10/15 08:39 PM

27s are still my favorites.

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 02/10/15 09:37 PM

Jeff,

Good to see you back.
Posted by: crutchtip

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 02/10/15 10:27 PM

Here are some photos I took recently of one of two model 27's made with ivory spacers in lieu of the fat red spacers:

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 02/11/15 09:13 PM

Joe,

An elegant look with the Ivory spacers!
Did you have to supply the ivory to the shop?

Tony
Posted by: tunefink

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 02/11/15 09:18 PM

Joe, that's in a RKS club knife sheath...... was it a special issue club knife? Is it numbered?

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 02/11/15 10:07 PM

Story is Rhett was gonna make a few "limited edition" pieces with about half a dozen made and this is one of two made with ivory. This is confirmed by RMK.

I don't know if the ivory was shop supplied or Rhett supplied it. Will try and find out.

If there are a few more "limited edition" pieces floating around, I don't know what spacer material they have. Will try and find that out also.
Posted by: jclarksnakes

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 02/11/15 10:53 PM

Thanks

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 02/11/15 10:55 PM

Good to see you posting again Jeff.

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 02/13/15 08:45 PM

The ivory spacered 27 was listed on the old web site as a club knife.
I asked Rhett if he knew where they were as I wanted 1.
He said he wasn't sure where they were. You may well have a 1 of a kind if the other never surfaces. Nice Knife!
Posted by: spark42

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 02/13/15 09:51 PM

Wow!
Where do y'all find these knives.

Dennis

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 02/13/15 10:52 PM

...Well...The 'Ol Captain has it now!
Nice knife! I'll post some nice photos when I get back from Bama. BTW: I have had our own Rick T. create a new heading on my website: "Randall Oldies/Goodies" and I plan on posting a few there...staring tonight!
Stay sharp, Capt. Chris
Posted by: Matthias

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 02/16/15 04:51 AM

Got this one in January 2015..........

#25 handle NS with duraluminium, tool steel.......

Matt

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 10/19/15 09:41 PM

Some have mentioned that they have not seen the new Copper Mini...OK: Now you have!
Best, Capt. Chris
Posted by: Cut it out

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 10/21/15 07:52 PM

Great pics captain
Posted by: Tattoo Bill

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 12/05/15 08:22 PM

Picked up a few Scrimshawed knives at today's show. Here is my Model 27.

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 02/10/16 04:02 PM

Musk Ox center and musk ox front sheath panel.
Enjoy, Capt. Chris
PS: Sorry about the pics...CCS

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 02/10/16 07:14 PM

Nice knife, I have never been a fan of the 25 handle.
The model 27 is unfortunately only available in this configuration for CS material.
Posted by: W Polidori

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 02/10/16 08:37 PM

I've got a 26 companion knife set up like this 27; and if I can ever figure out how to post an image again I'll show you. LOL!
BTW Cap, you made an apology for the photos. FWIW, they looked fine to me. All Musk Ox is is not created equal; this is a fine example of premium material.
Thanks for the post.
Posted by: GCTom41

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 02/12/16 08:08 AM

Bill,

Real nice 27; the scrim scene is done well, great looking knife!

Tom Flynn

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 02/12/16 08:47 AM

Thanks Tom, I have the matching Model 25 to go with it!

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 02/12/16 10:07 AM

Sweet set!

Tom Flynn

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 05/09/16 08:51 PM

This just in from the spring shop sale. Seen lot's of dyed stag this year. I'm liking the dark stuff ALOT.

Posted by: RamKingJC

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 05/09/16 09:00 PM

VERY nice Warren, Well done... Especially 4 A Phone Purchase!

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 05/09/16 09:14 PM

James,

Could have gotten the brass brother too, who knew?

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 05/09/16 09:18 PM

Yeahhhh, next year lol!!

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 05/10/16 08:34 AM

Warren,

That was a great score from the Spring Sale! I too like the dark stag!

Tom Flynn

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 05/10/16 09:09 AM

Tom
There seems to be quite a bit of the dark stag coming from the shop and the Spring sale had some great pieces.
Posted by: willhunt

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 05/10/16 03:13 PM

Wow. That is amazing stag. I don't remember seeing this one. Probably gone before I got in there. Congrats. Edited....Aha! Phone sale. I've always thought that buying stag unseen could be a risk. Kinda picky about it. This one is just gorgeous.

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 05/10/16 03:18 PM

Will,

I got through late about 10:30. Michael said there were 2 left. The other had brass furniture. I think you can make them out in the pic of the case on the bottom shelf.
Posted by: Kent B. Warnberg

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 05/10/16 03:27 PM

Cpt.

That is a Very Beautiful Musk Ox handle, with a great looking, tooled sheath to go with it.

Kent

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 05/10/16 03:46 PM

Yeah way to sexy a knife for the Captain to keep, my phone will be ringing as soon as he reads this!!!
Just wish it was to sell me the knife!!!
Posted by: Windsor

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 08/07/16 11:11 AM

My Copper Mini, ordered direct from the shop, arrived yesterday.

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 08/07/16 11:24 AM

Bucket list knife. Love the copper.

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 08/07/16 01:04 PM

This is the second mini that I've ordered and received. The first was a regular 27M. Since they're miniatures, I've announced to the family that they're going to be willed to my granddaughter (almost 3yo now). Another option is that when she reaches an appropriate age and expresses interests in fine knives, I'll give them to her outright.

Meanwhile, my wife has not been too excited about the knives I buy. She can appreciate a quality knife but they haven't tickled her fancy.

I got a pleasant surprise when the copper mini arrived.

"What do you mean, exactly, when you say it's for <Granddaughter>? That copper really stands out. Maybe I'd like it."
Posted by: LarryWW1246

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 08/07/16 01:46 PM

Rob--

My wife favored my collecting antique bowies and folders from the mid-1800's.

When I come up with a new Randall, she normally says, "Oh, another Randall."

BUT...when I opened up the first Mini-27 and brought it to her, she exclaimed "That's darling!"

That doesn't mean that she doesn't like a lot of my Randalls, but the Mini-27 really appealed to her.

Hope you granddaughter grows up to be a Randall girl--but you might have to replace the Mini-27 if you don't keep an eye on your wife.

Larry

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 08/07/16 02:57 PM

VERY cool!!! My pick up date on my order is my wife's birthday lol!
Posted by: Sharpi

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 08/07/16 04:02 PM

Ranking
Now you put it out there
I'm tellin Becky
Dinner on you Tuesday
Sharpi

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 08/07/16 04:24 PM

Not the Behring pair I got coming. .. just MY copper mini

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 08/07/16 09:35 PM

Originally Posted By: RamKingJC
VERY cool!!! My pick up date on my order is my wife's birthday lol!

And that date would be ?

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 08/07/16 09:41 PM

Ha! I can't be spreadin other folks business on the world wide interweb... crazy

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 08/07/16 09:47 PM

Jeez I wasn't asking her age, that would be forbidden. LOL.

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 08/07/16 09:51 PM

True
3-30

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 08/07/16 09:56 PM

Well solved that mystery, wink

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 08/08/16 09:43 AM

The shop is still a bit delayed on their ship times -- my copper mini27's original ship date was 14 April.

Keep that in mind before you make too many promises to your wife. wink

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 08/08/16 09:49 AM

Ha!!!! That little bundle of joy will be mine ALLLLL mine!

I never expect to get items at delivery date, just thought it was cool when it showed up in the mail with that date on it.

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 08/08/16 05:36 PM

Here is a little more 27 eye candy>>.

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 08/08/16 05:39 PM

Whoaaaaaaaaa!!!

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 08/08/16 06:56 PM

Those thumb notches look awfully useful.
Posted by: Jay G

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 08/08/16 07:38 PM

Wow, you have a wonderful collection of 27s Billy! I like the contract between each of the knives! I'm a bit biased to stag.. and those are NICE. Thank you for sharing.

Jay

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 08/08/16 08:00 PM

James,Rob,Jay,
Thanks,I guess I should have included the mini's but for the most
part being my day off from work.I am lazier than usual!!!
BP

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 08/08/16 08:37 PM

This one has a very nice stag handle.

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 08/08/16 08:47 PM

Yes it certainly does have great stag. Super nice.

Pap

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 08/08/16 08:51 PM

Thanks Pappy. It's a great knife.

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 08/08/16 09:07 PM

Higher up in this thread are photos of the other ivory spacer RKS Club knife.

This one passed through my hands recently, but I did not get my own photos. These were the Ebay pics. Check out the etch.

I have a feeling we will see this one again though....

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 08/08/16 09:10 PM

The etching says it all. When it's over it's over. Very cool package to the lucky owner.

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 08/08/16 09:57 PM

Warren... you dont want to keep that #27... I can tell... cool

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 08/08/16 09:59 PM

Warren... you dont want to keep that #27... I can tell... cool

Love the enthusiasm James.

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 08/08/16 10:14 PM

YESSSSSS!!!!!
Posted by: Yonder

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 02/21/17 03:49 PM

I have a question about the shades of the red micarta. At some point it was a very dark red, maroon almost. When did it become a warmer, more vivid red? Thank you.

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 02/21/17 08:04 PM

Was that on the Captain's table at Gator?
Sharpi

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 02/21/17 08:36 PM

Looks like the one I saw there.

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 02/21/17 08:54 PM

Yes it was...

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 02/21/17 09:17 PM

I used to want one of those so bad & got told that no one knew where they were.
Good to see them back in circulation!

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 03/20/17 10:29 AM

I have been hunting for a #27 for about a year. Never quite found the right combination of things to purchase. Wellll thanks to the Captain and a few other gents I finally have a #27 that I LOVE!!!!
Thank you to all involved! It is VERY much appreciated.
pics courtesy of CCS.

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 03/20/17 10:30 AM

And, because EVERYTHING looks better in Beaver!!!

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 03/20/17 10:57 AM

Sharp lookin' rig, nice get James.

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 03/20/17 11:00 AM

Thanks Uncle Warren!

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 03/20/17 11:13 AM

James,

Nice dark stag handle and the Beaver looks like it fits like a glove! Great set-up.

Tom Flynn

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 03/20/17 11:20 AM

Thank you Tom! I have had the sheath over a year trying to find a #27

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 03/20/17 02:24 PM

Premium Stag is beautiful! That's a really nice looking set-up!

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 03/20/17 02:47 PM

Thanks TTB! grin
Posted by: TAH

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 03/20/17 03:07 PM

Dang James, you weren't messing around. That's one heck of a package. Congrats on filling that empty beaver sheath. wink

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 03/20/17 03:09 PM

Thank you Tom! Sometimes waiting works out.

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 03/20/17 08:03 PM

You bring that rig to blade, better have one eye on Chief at all times. I already have the Chief radar tuned in, he's on it.

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 03/20/17 09:08 PM

Ahhhh... good to know =)

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 03/20/17 09:17 PM

Yeah... Let me just see that thang for a minute or two!!!!

Good score Bro!

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 03/20/17 10:18 PM

Thank you Steve!

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 03/21/17 11:03 AM

Excellent dark stag, nice beaver sheath. Excellent combo.
Posted by: Boomer51

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 03/21/17 03:00 PM

Nice looking setup, you did well. Really nice piece of antler.

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 03/21/17 07:43 PM

Thank you Dwight and Steve =)

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 03/21/17 11:05 PM

Very Nice
Lets do Breakfast at Cracker Barrel so i can see it
Bring Beaver too
Sharpi

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 03/22/17 02:33 PM

Yes Wally!!!

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 03/22/17 07:08 PM

Good get, sexy knife!!!!!
Posted by: Eric

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 09/04/17 10:47 AM

#27 in so far flawless Ivory.
Posted by: coachblalock

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 09/04/17 02:01 PM

Very nice, Eric. You have been coming across some nice stuff!

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 09/04/17 07:26 PM

Eric,

I believe that style has a better than average chance of staying that way too, in my opinion.

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 09/04/17 08:43 PM

Looks center cut too. No tapioca. Well done Eric.

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 09/05/17 09:16 AM

Thanks guys, I appreciate the kind words.

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 04/20/18 06:59 PM

Just received this #27 today - I ordered it in 2013, and was definitely worth the wait.

Specs:
#25-style handle configuration
Mexican Desert Ironwood handle insert
Stainless-Steel blade
Brass hilt
Radiused brass buttcap
Brass & black spacers
Thumb notches
Wrist thong

I really like the blade width/contour, the ironwood grain, and the sheath color/tone. And the shop’s workmanship is flawless.

Tomorrow is my birthday - same thing happened on a #27 I bought through the Captain a couple of years ago - definitely lucky scheduling!

[Sorry for the somewhat lousy pics - my good equipment is in storage for our upcoming move…]

Thanks,

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 04/20/18 07:00 PM

Sorry no pics - I'll need to figure that out and try again...
Posted by: Boomer51

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 04/20/18 07:43 PM

Pics are visible Bob, nice looking package - brass always looks good with ironwood.
Good to see another Tennessean on here.

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 04/20/18 10:03 PM

NICE.
The #25 handle with Ironwood is a great combination.
It works well with the #27 blade.

Dennis
Posted by: Byrdguy

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 04/21/18 08:07 AM

The ironwood with the brass furniture is a great look.

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 04/21/18 07:02 PM

Glad the pics came through. [Been a forum member for a few years - I just have too much going on for me to do much more than check in and "lurk" every now and then to keep up...]

I'd read that the blades on some of later 27's were somewhat narrower; however, this one is my 5th 27, and the blade depth/contour is as nice as my other best, and better than a couple of my older knives.

Simply confirms these are hand-made knives, and each will be unique in its own way - one of the many things I like about Randalls for sure! Thanks,

BG
Posted by: ROBERT MCINTOSH

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 02/24/19 12:16 AM

#27s are beautiful and I have only ever seen the common stag with butt plate.
This was a great visit to this model #
Posted by: ROBERT MCINTOSH

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 02/24/19 12:26 AM

My only #27 although I do have the RKS knife

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 02/24/19 11:08 AM

Originally Posted By: ROBERT MCINTOSH
#27s are beautiful and I have only ever seen the common stag with butt plate.
This was a great visit to this model #

Not seen often, but clearly stated in the description of the Model 25...

Quote:
Note–the #25 handle configuration of leather/stag/leather is limited to the following models: #25, #26, #27, #12-9&#8243;, #12-9&#8243;#14grind.

In some (all? dunno) builds with the model25 handle, you can opt for other 'center' materials, as seen in the copper mini-27 offering.
Posted by: nate-dogg

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 01/10/20 03:14 PM

My first model 27. Thanks for letting me share.

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 01/10/20 04:38 PM

Awsome stag!! That's a real beauty!! Congratulations!!
Pap

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 01/10/20 06:16 PM

Very nice!!!!

Good get again!
Posted by: GHD

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 01/10/20 06:39 PM

Gnarly stag, great find, congrats !
Posted by: Doug74

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 01/10/20 06:45 PM

Yep.....you won the lottery on the stag. Congrats!

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 01/10/20 07:27 PM

That stag is awesome!

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 01/10/20 07:43 PM

One off my favorite Blades......I wish I liked a 25 handle style.
Great knife!

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 01/10/20 09:45 PM

That is an EPIC #27 Nate!!! <3

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 01/11/20 07:25 AM

Extra nice stag on that #27. Good get.
Posted by: nate-dogg

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 01/11/20 02:59 PM

Thanks everyone. I bought it pre owned. Guy said it's been in collection for over 15 years. I don't know if it was shop supplied or customer supplied.

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 01/20/20 06:35 PM

Bob G your #27 that you posted a couple of years ago motivated me.
Just in from the shop by way of the Capt.
#27 5.5" ss blade
#25 handle with spalted maple insert
NS hardware
Another great knife from the shop.

Dennis

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 01/20/20 06:37 PM

Flip side
Posted by: REK

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 01/20/20 08:28 PM

Great looking handle on that 27, Dennis!
Posted by: Shoot870p

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 01/21/20 12:24 AM

Very nice, Dennis.
Walker

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 01/21/20 06:38 AM

WOW!!!

It’s beautiful!!!

Good get!

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 01/21/20 03:01 PM

Bro,
That is one awesome 27.Don't leave it laying around close to me.
Posted by: Kirko

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 01/21/20 03:43 PM

That is an EPIC #27 Nate!!! <3
. No doubts !!

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 01/22/20 12:08 AM

Billy
I trust you completely.

Dennis
Posted by: Lori

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 01/22/20 08:44 AM

That's nice Dennis.

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 08/01/20 11:38 PM

Got this from the shop sale after dialing 126 times.
#27 5 3/4" Stainless Blade
#25 Handle w/Rosewood insert
N/S Hilt Alu. Butt
NHS

Dennis
Posted by: RUTROW

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 04/16/21 09:56 PM

NEW.....the handle is a work of art
Posted by: thevalueman

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 04/17/21 06:53 AM

Yes.....it is!!

:-)Rocky
Posted by: Hambonian

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 04/17/21 08:35 AM

A Beautiful Addition. Model 2 scrimmed by Bowles . Out of the 100 the lower the marked number the more it's valued. Anyone know about RB #036 w/ falcon , model 2 fighting stiletto

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 04/17/21 08:58 AM

Photos?

What do you mean buy "out of the 100?"

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 04/17/21 10:00 AM

Why is this listed under the Model #27??
Capt. Chris
Posted by: BladesNBarrels

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 04/17/21 10:44 AM

Originally Posted By: Captain Chris Stanaback
Why is this listed under the Model #27??
Capt. Chris

Must be a Model 2-7?

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 04/17/21 09:37 PM

Chris,

Looks like Hambonian is the "new kid on the block", and is not aware of his transgression.

Re: Knife Of The Week Model 27 - 04/30/21 02:26 PM

#27 in Nickel Silver with Resin Ivory center.